PDA

View Full Version : Honestly

Cigalert
05-18-2007, 05:29 AM
A boat question...weird ain't it
I am currently increasing the momentum on the search for a new boat. I've seen the benefits of letting someone take the initial financial hit when buying used but I like the idea of a warranty and few other "options" of a custom build and yet another option the "hey bud, the boat is already built come pick it up" new boat.
I am looking in the $55k-$85k, 25'-28' Range, Deep-V, 496 HO min, Open bow, mid cuddy, no gay colors/graphics and for the love of all that's boating no outboards.
To my point, what are your thoughts on:
-Specific Manufacturer? Build Quality, customer service? Some people swear by certain manufacturers while others spit in their general direction. Why? (please omit the stories of "so'n'so sucks because I threw them an extra $2000 and they still wouldn't airbrush Fabio's body with my face on the deck").
-in the 425-500 HP range what's the prefered setup? Motor, drive, steering?
-New or slightly used?

phebus
05-18-2007, 05:50 AM
I would definately buy used, but would look for a boat that was either still in warranty, or had an extended warranty. There are a lot of good boats within your price range, and the best thing you can do is to go out and look at as many as you can. Way too many biased opinions and brand loyalty on this site.

phebus
05-18-2007, 05:54 AM
Here is a boat in the spam section that I would look at. It has everything you listed, and is still in warranty I believe. http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144752

voodoomedman
05-18-2007, 05:59 AM
You can find real good used deals right now that still have a warranty and you can always buy an extended warranty.
If you go new then I would look at Ultra for the 24 or 26 Stealth,
the Shockwave 25 Tremor
Lavey 25
Howard 25
Eliminator 25
Of course I'd probably end up with an Ultra. :D

ChumpChange
05-18-2007, 06:30 AM
When my boat is gone(see link in sig as it fits what you're looking for), I'll be going used. You can just get more bang for the buck with used these days. Yes you can't choose gel and some small options but that is the fun of owning a boat, pouring money into it by buying the options you want in the aftermarket. :D

Chubby4Life
05-18-2007, 06:46 AM
.....Yes you can't choose gel and some small options but that is the fun of owning a boat, pouring money into it by buying the options you want in the aftermarket. :D
Isn't that the truth.:D
I'm actuall going new on our next one, as soon as a certian manufacturer finishes their 32'.:idea: