PDA

View Full Version : Retuning your EFI motor

soupersonic
05-18-2007, 07:53 AM
I read an article on recalibrating the ECM and was wondering how many have done it, who did it for you and were you happy. Also what caused you to need to retune the ecm.

soupersonic
05-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Anyone? Bueller ? Bueller ? :)

dc96819
05-19-2007, 01:44 AM
On my truck yes HPT:idea:

Lavey29
05-19-2007, 03:00 AM
I read an article on recalibrating the ECM and was wondering how many have done it, who did it for you and were you happy. Also what caused you to need to retune the ecm.
Years ago, I upgraded to header exhaust on my 502EFI. Sent the ECM out for re-programming to prevent lean condition with the improved exhaust. It went to some guy named Langenfelter who had the codes to re-program the mercury ECM. At the time, he was the only one who could do it years ago. Recently, I upgraded my 540 EFI motor and had the ECM re-programmed to match the upgrades such as fuel mapping, advance, idle control etc...

TPI
05-19-2007, 05:35 AM
The only ones I have been involved with have been existing motors (mefi3, mefi4, or Autronic ecu's) that were naturally aspirated and converted to Whipple efi's or Existing Whipple motors that had head/cam upgrades after the motor was dynoed and delivered, and all is well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no complaints anyway.