PDA

View Full Version : You learn something new every day.....

DUCKY
05-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Recently, a customer (who is a member here) paid for my services with a check drawn on his girlfriend's account. Since she was present, I didn't really think anything of it. The check has now been returned twice for non-sufficient funds, and the customer refuses to make it right (now claiming that over two weeks later, he is unhappy with my work....).
So I contacted the County Attorney's Bad check program yesterday, and was informed that since the girlfriend didn't receive any goods, products, or services from me, that they will not prosecute the matter, and I would need to sue.
Gotta love the law....Designed to protect the criminals!:mad: :mad: :mad:
I am going to leave the person un-named, since legal action is pending, and I don't want to start an online pissing match.....

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-18-2007, 09:01 AM
:jawdrop: did she sign the check?
to me if she signed then she pays.

little rowe boat
05-18-2007, 09:03 AM
I wish you would make the name public, so we could humiliate and shame him into paying up.

reDECKulous
05-18-2007, 09:03 AM
don't dry hump us... we need a name

riverbound
05-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Recently, a customer (who is a member here) paid for my services with a check drawn on his girlfriend's account. Since she was present, I didn't really think anything of it. The check has now been returned twice for non-sufficient funds, and the customer refuses to make it right (now claiming that over two weeks later, he is unhappy with my work....).
So I contacted the County Attorney's Bad check program yesterday, and was informed that since the girlfriend didn't receive any goods, products, or services from me, that they will not prosecute the matter, and I would need to sue.
I am going to leave the person un-named, since legal action is pending, and I don't want to start an online pissing match.....
That sucks...gotta love the fact that there are POS members of our community:mad: As soon as the legal stuff is over it would be nice if you dropped a name so the rest of us know who to avoid when it comes to doing any sort of business transaction. ;)

BrendellaJet
05-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Ducky, Lets get this over with. Out the member so we know not to deal with him and his chicken shit girlfriend. He can post pics of the work and why he isn't paying.
What a bitch he must be...

MADDOG355
05-18-2007, 09:05 AM
I work at a small shop in TN and was unaware of a loophole like that but will look into that. We do alot of work for the military and they always have their buddy or girlfriend come pick up there stuff.

riverbound
05-18-2007, 09:05 AM
I wish you would make the name public, so we could humiliate and shame him into paying up.
If this person is anyhting like Squirtin Thunder he wont pay.....and the guy has no shame to begin with. But its at least good to let future victims know about it.

BrendellaJet
05-18-2007, 09:07 AM
If this person is anyhting like Squirtin Thunder he wont pay.....and the guy has no shame to begin with. But its at least good to let future victims know about it.
True, but atleast he's not whoring himself out any more.

riverbound
05-18-2007, 09:07 AM
I was unaware fo the loophole...but I do remember when I was doing stereos if a customer came in ad someone else was paying I would always rewrite the invoice to reflect the name of the person paying. I still think its wrong though.

RiverDave
05-18-2007, 09:08 AM
What did he claim was wrong with the work? :confused: (Two weeks later?)
Can you potentially put a lien hold on his boat?
RD

Kilrtoy
05-18-2007, 09:08 AM
starting this thread and not giving up the name is like
getting a hand job with 20 grit sandpaper:rolleyes:

riverbound
05-18-2007, 09:09 AM
True, but atleast he's not whoring himself out any more.
....on this site, there are plenty of other sites around. but I will stay diligent on that POS:mad:

RiverDave
05-18-2007, 09:13 AM
....on this site, there are plenty of other sites around. but I will stay diligent on that POS:mad:
Way to keep up the good fight Bill. :D
RD

Phat Matt
05-18-2007, 09:20 AM
Who even writes checks anymore besides my grandma? :D

riverratrob
05-18-2007, 09:24 AM
:mad: That shit pisses me off I cant count how many times that happens to me but I always get paid send them a letter stating that the d.a. has been notified and you are going to press fruad charges punishable up to 6 months .I got them knockin my door's down to pay up for bad check plus a litte vig:D

Ziggy
05-18-2007, 09:33 AM
I use a check gaurentee company.....so if a check bounces they will pay it and the company goes and attempts to collect from the check writer...costs about the same as a credit card fee. Has saved my butt a few times.
So many dishonest people with lame excuses.

76ANTHONY
05-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Who even writes checks anymore besides my grandma? :D
this is kinda what i was thinking:D
ducky that sucks azz, sorry ta hear about this kinda shiat.....hope ya get em:D

RitcheyRch
05-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Hate hearing about scam artists. If he didnt like the work he should have complained immediately to you.
Post the name. That will get you your money. Actually surprised they trying to stiff you fort he money knowing how tight nit this community is

superdave013
05-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Someone told me to always have the person that signs the check/credit card slip also sign a bill of lading. I guess this the reason why. I'll have to tighten up on that myself.
Sorry to hear you got burnt.

BrendellaJet
05-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Someone told me to always have the person that signs the check/credit card slip also sign a bill of lading. I guess this the reason why. I'll have to tighten up on that myself.
Sorry to hear you got burnt.
You just need them to sign a packing list(every order you sell should have one) detailing the items sold. Thats your proof of delivery-especially for pickup orders. Without it I could dispute your charge and you'd be left holding the bag...

UnionJack
05-18-2007, 10:10 AM
what kind of boat was it?

phebus
05-18-2007, 10:13 AM
My bet is that the "***boat Court" can get you paid a lot faster then the real legal system. Nothing like good old peer pressure. :D

riverratrob
05-18-2007, 10:17 AM
Nothing like a good ole mob lyncing to get this ahole to pay up!!!:skull:

riverratrob
05-18-2007, 10:21 AM
All ya gotta do is let me make one call and I can sik this bad ass dog on him...

DUCKY
05-18-2007, 11:47 AM
I understand the "20 grit hand job" feeling, but I really don't want to divulge their names until the proceedings are concluded. I will say that the boat was a DCB F26, and the person that I have been dealing with is not the owner of the boat. He is simply a middle man that takes care of the boat for the owner. I have spoken with the owner and he does not feel any liability to me, since he did not contract with me for the work, and he already paid the middle man for the work I completed as well as more work that was scheduled, but I chose to postpone after the check went bad the first time.
I can assure you that the names of these people will be disclosed after the case is disposed. I just don't want to open myself up to the possibility of a slander or libel suit.

Mandelon
05-18-2007, 12:15 PM
I understand the "20 grit hand job" feeling, but I really don't want to divulge their names until the proceedings are concluded. I will say that the boat was a DCB F26, and the person that I have been dealing with is not the owner of the boat. He is simply a middle man that takes care of the boat for the owner. I have spoken with the owner and he does not feel any liability to me, since he did not contract with me for the work, and he already paid the middle man for the work I completed as well as more work that was scheduled, but I chose to postpone after the check went bad the first time.
I can assure you that the names of these people will be disclosed after the case is disposed. I just don't want to open myself up to the possibility of a slander or libel suit.
Dave's Check Bouncers ? Say it ain't so. :eek:

RiverDave
05-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Get the "F" outta here!! This guys middle man f's you right in the ass, and he feels he has no liabillity to you? He needs to get you paid and rectify the situation with his guy! Not let you take it in the shorts over this deal..
What a focking jack ass!
This guys reputation will be the very defition of scumbag when his name finally does come to light. If he was smart he'd get his ass over there, and I mean right now to atleast try to work something out with you. Starting with an apollogy with regards to his choice of people to handle these sort of things?
RD

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Dave's Check Bouncers ? Say it ain't so. :eek:
IT ain't so.. a MIDDLE mans check bounced..:rolleyes: :D

HPLavey
05-18-2007, 12:42 PM
what kind of boat was it?
Probably a DCB

HPLavey
05-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Good guess

phebus
05-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Don't Come Back. :D

YeLLowBoaT
05-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Having delt with this in the past, the little that is said out side of the court room the better. Making statements online can come back and bite you in the ass.
Just get your ducks in a row and go after him, and the owner of the boat.( since he is still liable of the bill...) my guess is that with in a day or 2 of your serving the owner you have your money.

cola
05-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Scott, I'am happy with the work you did on my boat. I havn't seen it yet, but can I have my money back also.
Mike
PS. Us Essex boys pay our bills.:)

phebus
05-18-2007, 01:09 PM
I will say that the boat was a DCB F26
Must have worn the gel off the bottom. That channel sand is rough. :D

RiverDave
05-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Get the "F" outta here!! This guys middle man f's you right in the ass, and he feels he has no liabillity to you? He needs to get you paid and rectify the situation with his guy! Not let you take it in the shorts over this deal..
What a focking jack ass!
This guys reputation will be the very defition of scumbag when his name finally does come to light. If he was smart he'd get his ass over there, and I mean right now to atleast try to work something out with you. Starting with an apollogy with regards to his choice of people to handle these sort of things?
RD
Uhh... I'm going to go ahead and change that quite a bit.
You failed to mention that this was one business subcontracting to another, and that he was unhappy with the quality of work (4 - 5 times?). This story leads one to believe you did a repair, he picked it up, and then just never paid you.
As the other story reads, I don't think the owner of the boat does have anything to do with this? Other then just wishing he'd never gotten involved with any of it.
RD

Faceaz
05-18-2007, 01:46 PM
So is the middleman a member here, or the owner? What's the amount? - Just curious.

Mandelon
05-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Must have worn the gel off the bottom. That channel sand is rough. :D
Bwahhaaahaaahaaaaa. LMAO, OL :D

Nord
05-18-2007, 03:20 PM
This thread got extinguished pretty quickly....

VEGASBABY
05-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Ducky has lost my respect and any future business just by coming on these boards to air his laundry. This is a small community, and this should be dealt with in private and like two grown business men. Ducky should have never come on these boards with this problem and screw with another mans living. Sometimes things go wrong and you work them out so they are transparent to the customer and everyone else. But you dont Call OUT a fellow business man in a forum like this to settle your shiat:mad: And for the record, Im with the other guy, Ducky do your business right the first time or as many times as it takes to get it right for self and your business and for your sub but most of all the customer. Im a business owner myself and if i do a job for you it gets done right or I will pay to have done right! Thats how you keep your customers and your name out of the forums!!

Jbb
05-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by RiverDave
What a focking jack ass!
RD
Uhh... I'm going to go ahead and change that quite a bit.
You failed to mention that this was one business subcontracting to another, and that he was unhappy with the quality of work (4 - 5 times?). This story leads one to believe you did a repair, he picked it up, and then just never paid you.
As the other story reads, I don't think the owner of the boat does have anything to do with this? Other then just wishing he'd never gotten involved with any of it.
RD
:p
Entertainment value........off the ****in hook!.....:D :D

djunkie
05-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Rd Sux! :D

HM
05-18-2007, 03:57 PM
There you go having your mouth write checks you can't cash!!!!
JBB killed ***boat!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

RiverDave
05-18-2007, 03:59 PM
Damn Straight Cracka!!
RD

DUCKY
05-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Ducky has lost my respect and any future business just by coming on these boards to air his laundry. This is a small community, and this should be dealt with in private and like two grown business men. Ducky should have never come on these boards with this problem and screw with another mans living. Sometimes things go wrong and you work them out so they are transparent to the customer and everyone else. But you dont Call OUT a fellow business man in a forum like this to settle your shiat:mad: And for the record, Im with the other guy, Ducky do your business right the first time or as many times as it takes to get it right for self and your business and for your sub but most of all the customer. Im a business owner myself and if i do a job for you it gets done right or I will pay to have done right! Thats how you keep your customers and your name out of the forums!!
Maybe you should read the beginning of the post. I never intended for this to turn into a pissing match, or an attempt to damage anyone's reputation and screw with their living. I never even mentioned his name, or the name of his business. I was just venting about learning that I am unable to prosecute on the NSF check due to circumstances at hand, and didn't come here to settle anything. The job was done correctly, paid for and picked up. I was, am and will be fully willing to repair any quality concerns, as long as the payment is made good, even though my work has now been vandalized for the sake of turning people like you against me. Please get your facts straight before attacking me in the future. Thanks!

riverbound
05-18-2007, 07:19 PM
I still thnk there is more to the story.... I mean if the guy having his G/F write the check was a legit business owner, why wouldnt he have used a Business check (unless he was planning some sort of foul play)? It still seems VERY strange that he would go through that route to pay for a business transaction. Im going to go out on a limb and say that PS was out to screw someone;) Whats really sad is that it was for $400:rolleyes:

Psycho Squid
05-18-2007, 08:02 PM
I still thnk there is more to the story.... I mean if the guy having his G/F write the check was a legit business owner, why wouldnt he have used a Business check (unless he was planning some sort of foul play)? It still seems VERY strange that he would go through that route to pay for a business transaction. Im going to go out on a limb and say that PS was out to screw someone;) Whats really sad is that it was for $400:rolleyes:He had to be paid Jennifer was with me and had her checks any how I stand for myself and Jennifer. Better take a look at the other thread.. My pics do not lie. If It was your boat how would you feel if I tried to deliver it to you? Why would I have a NSF check or Jen so I can pay someone else? Think about it. This mans boat has to be on the water on Thursday Memorial weekend with Mecanical and cosmetic service. Why would I stop progress and have a NSF check to pay someone else. $four hundred bucks is a drop in the bucket on a $100,000+ boat I have Integrity no matter what the cost Scott is going to learn this. I was scotts customer not the boat owner. Scott can go through the holiday wanting $ 400.00 but he didn't earn it. Like I say My customer comes first reguardless how anyone feels about me.

VEGASBABY
05-19-2007, 07:00 AM
Maybe you should read the beginning of the post. I never intended for this to turn into a pissing match, or an attempt to damage anyone's reputation and screw with their living. I never even mentioned his name, or the name of his business. I was just venting about learning that I am unable to prosecute on the NSF check due to circumstances at hand, and didn't come here to settle anything. The job was done correctly, paid for and picked up. I was, am and will be fully willing to repair any quality concerns, as long as the payment is made good, even though my work has now been vandalized for the sake of turning people like you against me. Please get your facts straight before attacking me in the future. Thanks!You know how this crap turns out on thse boards, everybody wants a name and can usally dig up the dirt on there own. Again its a small community in Havi as well as on these boards. You dont have to mention names on here for peeps to figure things out. And as far as a pissing match, this is ***boat and thats what people do best in here! Next time vent to your wife or coworkers!

Wet Dream
05-19-2007, 07:09 AM
You know how this crap turns out on thse boards, everybody wants a name and can usally dig up the dirt on there own. Again its a small community in Havi as well as on these boards. You dont have to mention names on here for peeps to figure things out. And as far as a pissing match, this is ***boat and thats what people do best in here! Next time vent to your wife or coworkers!
You're not very savvy when it comes to HB are you? I don't know Ducky at all, but from what I've seen of him on here, he's a stand up guy and has full cred.

VEGASBABY
05-19-2007, 07:12 AM
You're not very savvy when it comes to HB are you?Nothing savvy about HB. Just keepin it real.

Wet Dream
05-19-2007, 07:16 AM
You're displeased with a guy because he vents about an issue involving an alleged theif. And it is real, its all part of this "community". Like it or not, take the good...and the bad.

VEGASBABY
05-19-2007, 07:20 AM
You're displeased with a guy because he vents about an issue involving an alleged theif. And it is real, its all part of this "community". Like it or not, take the good...and the bad. Then take my bad.

Marty Gras
05-20-2007, 05:42 PM
I posted a note on here and it "just didn't quite make it"??? Didn't you "watchdogs" like my comments? Sorry "to have offended the BS police". Hey! "Wet Dream" DUCKY is the thief! I know it for a fact, and I can prove it!

RiverDave
05-20-2007, 05:46 PM
I posted a note on here and it "just didn't quite make it"??? Didn't you "watchdogs" like my comments? Sorry "to have offended the BS police". Hey! "Wet Dream" DUCKY is the thief! I know it for a fact, and I can prove it!
Then prove it or shut up about it..
RD