PDA

View Full Version : boat cleanig...@ the ramp

movie$money
05-18-2007, 09:47 AM
So I just read the artical in the new hot boat,I know that viniger and water stips off the wax ,but does it do it every time you use it ,or will it take several uses on a good waxed boat to strip it all off. This said , what do you guys think the best product to use at the ramp when wippin her down?

Jordy
05-18-2007, 09:49 AM
Hot Sauce. www.boatbling.net Has a wax in it. Spray on, wipe off, and down the road you go!!! :D

RitcheyRch
I use "Mothers Quick Detailer" once get back to the parking lot.

shippingguy
So I just read the artical in the new hot boat,I know that viniger and water stips off the wax ,but does it do it every time you use it ,or will it take several uses on a good waxed boat to strip it all off. This said , what do you guys think the best product to use at the ramp when wippin her down?
HOT SAUCE, PERIOD! Go to the Boat Bling section here and order some. Great product and great customer service.

Havasu1986
05-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Theres a boat bling section down near the spam section. Good stuff.;)

shippingguy
05-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Hot Sauce. www.boatbling.net Has a wax in it. Spray on, wipe off, and down the road you go!!! :D
Damn your quick!!:)

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-18-2007, 09:51 AM
I wouldn't use anything on the ramp.. But if you pull your boat to the side and out of the way.. I think Hot Sauce works pretty good.:D :D

Magic34
05-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Actually, vinegar does strip wax, but it is because of the acidic properties that the vinegar has. That is why it also removes spots as well. The acids in vinegar start removing the top layers of the water spot. As you rub over them each time, you remove more of the spot because the acid is dissolving them.
So, vinegar isn't the bad guy here, it is acids that make up vinegar.
It does break down the wax as well due to the same reason it removes the spots.

movie$money
you guys are the best...thanks for the slow responce..ayone use the stuff they were plugging in HB waxing frenzy?

Screaming Pete
i think chicks in g-strings work best but sometimes they get to screwed up on the sandbar, watch out for the ones with white sunglasses...........serious...don't use Ducky.......a good detail spray, there are a couple on the board here for sale that are quite good and easy to get......Boat Bling, magures from the auto parts store. that type of stuff feeds and cleans the gel coat/fiberglass and does not strip it IMHO

movie$money
05-18-2007, 09:55 AM
I didnt mean on the ramp...but in the wipe down area near the ramp

boat boy
05-18-2007, 09:55 AM
I've heard talk of the hot sauce before, what about using it after coming out of saltwater?

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-18-2007, 09:57 AM
I didnt mean on the ramp...but in the wipe down area near the ramp
LMAO!! I know.. I was messin with you..:D :D

Screaming Pete
05-18-2007, 09:59 AM
I've heard talk of the hot sauce before, what about using it after coming out of saltwater?
you put your boat in Salt Water........yikes,..Salt a Way first and then lots of detailing and flush your trailer or have your boat Lifted into and out of the water....unless you have a trailer built for sw launching

movie$money
05-18-2007, 09:59 AM
can we call that area " my specail place";)

essexjet
05-18-2007, 10:00 AM
you guys are the best...thanks for the slow responce..ayone use the stuff they were plugging in HB waxing frenzy?
I used waxing frenzy before switching to Boat Bling's sauce products. Works a lot better then frenzy with less effort (for us lazy asses:D )

dumbandyoung
05-18-2007, 10:01 AM
I read it last night too.
I use this stuff I get at the Ford Dealer. I couldn't remember the name of it to save my own life. Its $26 bucks a bottle. Im almost out of it, Ill try the Boat Bling next.
Question:
Do any of you guys wipe down your boat right after you pull it out of the water? Usually its so damn hot the boat dries in 39 seconds. lol
I just give the interior a good wipe down after everyday and use that ducky to get the spots off.. Then at the end of the weekend it gets a 2 hour detail.

movie$money
05-18-2007, 10:03 AM
thanks for all the 2 cents , I am now complete, aware and still full of s**t.
thanks agine for the help but I have to go back to makin movies now .later...

Magic34
05-18-2007, 10:03 AM
I use this stuff I get at the Ford Dealer. I couldn't remember the name of it to save my own life. Its $26 bucks a bottle. Im almost out of it, Ill try the Boat Bling next.
Question:
Do any of you guys wipe down your boat right after you pull it out of the water? Usually its so damn hot the boat dries in 39 seconds. lol
I just give the interior a good wipe down after everyday. Then at the end of the weekend it gets a 2 hour detail.
I wipe down after pulling out of the water. Does not matter how hot it is. Usually takes me about 15-20 minutes max. I wipe down with 2 towels. 1 is damp with drinking water and the other is dry.

Ziggy
05-18-2007, 10:04 AM
Spray wash and gaurd for me..........If I got real hard water spots I'll break out the old white vinegar and distilled water mix, then follow it with the spray wax again.

dicudmore
05-18-2007, 10:04 AM
Question:
I just give the interior a good wipe down after everyday and use that ducky to get the spots off.. Then at the end of the weekend it gets a 2 hour detail.
bring another spray bottle with water in it...couple squirts of water, then the spray sauce of choice, wipe it off and go.

MR FLYIN VEE
05-18-2007, 10:05 AM
I used to have aboat in a permant slip in Marina Del Rey,we used SaltX.Worked great supposed to neutrilize the salt.It's available at West Marine,Boaters World,ect.:D

acatitude
05-18-2007, 10:07 AM
Spray wash and gaurd for me..........If I got real hard water spots I'll break out the old white vinegar and distilled water mix, then follow it with the spray wax again.
what he said ....

Screaming Pete
05-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Ziggy but what do you do with all the DNA that Barry and Rich leave behind. that sh&t will never cum off:eek: :eek:

dumbandyoung
05-18-2007, 10:11 AM
bring another spray bottle with water in it...couple squirts of water, then the spray sauce of choice, wipe it off and go.
For sure. Thanks for the advice guys!

Ziggy
05-18-2007, 10:12 AM
Question:
If I do its with the wet towels from inside the boat to take off the majority of the gunk......Since I have a house there I will do the real cleaning at home, but before that I did use to clean the boat well in the wipedown area.

dumbandyoung
05-18-2007, 10:14 AM
I use Simple Green on the interior? Anyone else use it?

dicudmore
05-18-2007, 10:18 AM
I use Simple Green on the interior? Anyone else use it?
whatever it takes to get the job done...Mr Clean Magic Eraser, BB Vinyl Sauce, Conditioner etc.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-18-2007, 10:20 AM
We use the Hot Sauce, no surprise there :D , and we don't clean the boat until we are back at the house which is usually 15-20 minutes after we pull off the lake. Sometimes we have even cleaned it the next day letting it sit overnight and the Hot Sauce works the best out of everything we've tried...

dumbandyoung
05-18-2007, 10:22 AM
whatever it takes to get the job done...Mr Clean Magic Eraser, BB Vinyl Sauce, Conditioner etc.
White erasers?

Not So Fast
05-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Best advice for coming out of salt water is immediately wash down at the ramp with soap and fresh water in one of the wash down bays, if they dont have them then dont launch there. That includes the trailer and you should have a brake flush kit installed also that flushes out the brakes with fresh water and dont forget to do it after you launch because salt water starts its attack on metal pronto:( if you dont have closed cooling then flush the motor also!!!! After doing these things then worry about what king of product to use for the spots and stuff, Hot Sauce works damn good.
NO KIDDING, SALT WATER BAD>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<< NSF

Not So Fast
05-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Or pay the $$$ to have them lift your boat into the drink. They offer that service at Dana Point :D NSF

Jbb
05-18-2007, 10:32 AM
If you keep a coat of Dri Wash & Guard on the boat.....all you need for wipe down is a damp rag ....and a dry rag....I have been using it for years...

MayDaze
05-18-2007, 10:32 AM
Driven has a quick spray that works really well....
http://www.driventoperfection.com/

Nord
05-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Boat Bling!!!!

Screaming Pete
05-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Driven has a quick spray that works really well....
http://www.driventoperfection.com/
i use that also. i put some in a water bottle and start wiping down during the day and by the time your at the ramp and out you just have the sides and stern to finish

shippingguy
05-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Question:
I launch at Jack Smith. I pull up on the beach. My wife does the interior and I wipe the boat down. The only part I do not get is the bottom part of the sides and transom. I stay nice and cool cause I am in the water doing it. Then on the trailer it goes. Quick wipe down of those lower spots and the trailer and done.:) Again, using HOT SAUCE for the boat and VINYL SAUCE for the interior.:D

Water Romper
05-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Received my first order of Boat Bling, I thought it was a bit pricy until I received the order, the bottles are huge and the stuff works fantastic. I just wished I would get a free T shirt with my first order:D

ATLAS
05-18-2007, 10:48 AM
i think chicks in g-strings work best but sometimes they get to screwed up on the sandbar, watch out for the ones with white sunglasses...........serious...don't use Ducky.......a good detail spray, there are a couple on the board here for sale that are quite good and easy to get......Boat Bling, magures from the auto parts store. that type of stuff feeds and cleans the gel coat/fiberglass and does not strip it IMHO
some ones always got to pull me in to a thread al the time:D :D

DeltaSigBoater
05-18-2007, 10:54 AM
I don't wipe down the boat on the ramp... don't like to be the who's blocking the launch ramp toweling down his boat @ the end of the day while other people are trying to retrive theirs.
Once back at the place, when the boat is backed in under the shade we start wiping down, cleaning out & repacking for the next day.
Saltwater, my house is less that 3 minutes from Sunset Auquatic Launch Ramp in Huntington Beach.... but my saltwater boat is a 13' Boston Whaler so I dont worry about it too much.

Froggystyle
05-18-2007, 11:53 AM
I use the official Hot Boat "Fencesitter" recipe for detailing...
During the day, all boat cleanup while on the water is done using Boat Bling Hot Sauce. This is because Patrick, Toby, Carey and the folks are out all the time and will see me using anything else. ;) It does a great job cleaning up waterspots and grime from a heavily used party boat during the day. With the washdown system and such it is really easy to get everything spotted up quickly, and so that is my wipedown stuff.. Mike never sees me on the water, so I can use the bling during the day with impunity... ;)
I also wipe the whole topside down before hitting the trailer. That is part of my routine. Before we get anywhere near the ramp, I stop the boat, hand everyone a microfiber and some Hot Sauce and wipe down the whole boat. This keeps everyone focused on the task at hand, instead of dragging stuff to and from the truck or dock etc... Many hands make light work!
Once on the trailer, I wipe down the whole boat again with Dri Wash and Guard. This repairs all of the damage the Hot Sauce will do to the finish over the course of the day by adding the wax back, and it will protect the finish of polished stainless, powdercoat and such better.
This works out well for me, because the Boat Bling "quickie" wax doesn't work for me at all. Too thick, too gummy and doesn't spray well. Too much work. Not quickie. The DWG works great in this application, so I can honestly say while the DWG doesn't do as great a job removing waterspots all day, it does a better job final cleaning the boat. Mike is rarely at the ramp, so this isn't so much kissing his ass as it is seriously preferring the product.
For the interior, I use a product called "Presto" which is recommended by the vinyl manufacturer. It doesn't remove any of the vinyl's inherent protectant, and it doesn't clog the pores of the vinyl either. It is a cleaner, and works great. For stains I use the magic eraser, and then hit it with the Presto. Nobody here pimps Presto, but I recommend it heavily.
When I get back, I wax the whole boat down with Jackass wax, which seems to be the easiest to apply/remove wax I have used. I have the guys do it on Monday morning, and we are ready to go come Friday. Doug is usually at the ramp I pull out at, so you need to make sure to at least have some of this in the boat in case he shows up... ;)
We are on the water more than anyone I know. I definitely go through more cleaning product than anyone I know, because the boat always has to be spotless. This combination has worked great for me, and these are the four things I keep in the boat in the detail kit.

boat boy
05-18-2007, 12:00 PM
you put your boat in Salt Water........yikes,..Salt a Way first and then lots of detailing and flush your trailer or have your boat Lifted into and out of the water....unless you have a trailer built for sw launching
do all that, but could you use this product after salt x has been used?

Havasu_Dreamin
05-18-2007, 12:06 PM
Once on the trailer, I wipe down the whole boat again with Dri Wash and Guard. This repairs all of the damage the Hot Sauce will do to the finish over the course of the day by adding the wax back, and it will protect the finish of polished stainless, powdercoat and such better.
What damage that Hot Sauce does? I've used the Hot Sauce ever since it was being done solely by Toby and it has NOT done any damage.
This works out well for me, because the Boat Bling "quickie" wax doesn't work for me at all. Too thick, too gummy and doesn't spray well. Too much work. Not quickie.
This is a problem with the sprayer, not the product itself. Better sprayers that can better handle the viscosity of the Quicke Sauce have already been sourced and Boat Bling is just waiting for them to arrive at the warehouse.

Froggystyle
05-18-2007, 12:22 PM
What damage that Hot Sauce does? I've used the Hot Sauce ever since it was being done solely by Toby and it has NOT done any damage.
There is a WORLD of difference in the protection of my hardware with Hot Sauce only and with DWG or Jackass. The boat is smoother, beads water better and is far more resistant to corrosion with the other two products. I don't think Hot Sauce is intended to be the final component, because near as I can tell, if I don't wax it afterwards it is unprotected. Bolts start oxidizing, stainless gets hazy, raw aluminum turns whitish etc... All of that stops if I add wax after use. The easiest and most effective spray wax to put on for me has been DWG, with the Jackass wax being the easiest paste wax to use in the sun. In short, while it isn't "damaging" the boat per se, it has removed all of the protection that I put on with the other waxes.
This is a problem with the sprayer, not the product itself. Better sprayers that can better handle the viscosity of the Quicke Sauce have already been sourced and Boat Bling is just waiting for them to arrive at the warehouse. Not noted to me after my $25+ purchase. I can't imagine that wax having the consistency I am looking for in a spray wax anyway. Too thick. The spray detailer from Mothers and the California Gold from Meguiars ( I may have them backwards) also work very well. I know Mike though, and not Meguiars or Mothers... In any case, I don't know how they are going to get new sprayers to everyone who bought Quickie wax, but mine will sit on the shelf until I find another use for it, because wiping down the boat isn't going to be it. I bought it before the street fair in Havasu for the Poker Run, and let's just say the bottle's still full, and I waxed the boat with Zymol as it was all I had.
The VERY best spray wax I have ever used is really tough to get, but was made by a VP brand called Mr. Moto. It was aerosol, and left an awesome, silky finish when you were done. It cut waterspots, and protected raw metal really well. I use it for smaller stuff when I can find it, because at $8 a can, it is too expensive to use on the boat for anything but a show. I use it at SEMA though, and use it on my motorcycles and show cars as a spray detailer unless I run out of it.

Froggystyle
05-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Just got off the phone with Patrick from Boat Bling...
I will say this, their customer service is top notch. As Scott mentioned above, there is a problem with the sprayer, and it is being attended to.
We will see how well it works when the new sprayers get in.
One of the problems with having a hodge-podge of cleaners is that they aren't neccessarily complementary of each other. The Hot Sauce may degrade the Jackass wax or the DWG more than the Boat Bling cleaner wax. Likewise, the DWG may not work as well long term if being used in concert with the Hot Sauce.
I have tried the full complement of cleaners from Dri Wash, and like many of them. I really, really like them for the cars and Rhino. Nothing sheds mud better IMO....
I am going to give the Boat Bling range a try on the next boat. It is a virgin, so we will do it from build with one brand and see how it works. Until recently, the only BB product I had used is Hot Sauce, and I had the above results from the quickie wax.
I will keep you updated. From a customer service perspective alone, they are doing a great job.

XFactor
05-18-2007, 02:28 PM
I of course am obligated to use Mothers. :D :D :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRvitYADyHI
I use the Mothers products and the Boat Bling Hot Sauce. I try to avoid wipe down in the sun. I prefer a shadded area. Much eisier on me and the products. :) The Meguires plastic cleaners work well if you have a windshield or canopies.

Magic34
05-18-2007, 02:33 PM
I of course am obligated to use Mothers. :D :D :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRvitYADyHI
I use the Mothers products and the Boat Bling Hot Sauce. I try to avoid wipe down in the sun. I prefer a shadded area. Much eisier on me and the products. :) The Meguires plastic cleaners work well if you have a windshield or canopies.
I am sure you like playing with your little red puff ball. :D

Froggystyle
05-18-2007, 02:35 PM
Dang... Mike is here now...
Ummm... I use Dri Wash N Guard on everything! It cures cancer too if you dare to drink it... ;) Just pour some on a broken bone and it works like Robitussin!

77charger
05-18-2007, 02:36 PM
I prefer to clean my boat at home or away from the ramp so i dont cause a big delay while people are wating to pull their boat out :confused:

AZJD
05-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Hot Sauce!

Froggystyle
05-18-2007, 02:39 PM
I prefer to clean my boat at home or away from the ramp so i dont cause a big delay while people are wating to pull their boat out :confused:
I am pretty sure that everyone is talking about in the wipe down area off to the side. I don't think anyone on here actually blocks the ramp to wipe-down.
I am actually amazed at how many people are coming back with this response. I have never, in 28 years of boating ever seen anyone wipe down on the ramp.

Strippoker
05-18-2007, 02:40 PM
4 midget strippers 3 to wipe and 1 to spray a little Leverage is all I use lately. Then hit the inside with boat bling

Hfmnhoe
05-18-2007, 02:43 PM
HOT SAUCE, PERIOD! Go to the Boat Bling section here and order some. Great product and great customer service.
:) :)

squirt'nmyload
05-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Just pour some on a broken bone and it works like Robitussin!
LMAO....you betta put some tussin on that shit!!!!!!

squirt'nmyload
05-18-2007, 02:47 PM
I am pretty sure that everyone is talking about in the wipe down area off to the side. I don't think anyone on here actually blocks the ramp to wipe-down.
I am actually amazed at how many people are coming back with this response. I have never, in 28 years of boating ever seen anyone wipe down on the ramp.
go to saguaro lake :mad: :mad:...what pisses me off the most is that there is a wipedown area there too that some people don't use

Tige' 24v
05-18-2007, 02:48 PM
I wish that was true for me but I actually watched a guy wipe the boat down then proceeded to make a sandwich on the boat ramp in Parker. Needless to say we had a long talk on boat etiquette.

Froggystyle
05-18-2007, 02:54 PM
I wish that was true for me but I actually watched a guy wipe the boat down then proceeded to make a sandwich on the boat ramp in Parker. Needless to say we had a long talk on boat etiquette.
I think I would have had a shorter talk. Something along the lines of... Hey dude, mind if I launch my boat bro?

Tige' 24v
05-18-2007, 02:59 PM
I think I would have had a shorter talk. Something along the lines of... Hey dude, mind if I launch my boat bro?
Well the conversation did start that way but he was a body builder of some sort and I think the steroids went to his head. So it lasted a little longer then I would have preferred but he did understand in the end.

AZJD
05-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Don't play all nice and shit. I know better! Mister, I will be right back, I left something in the boat...........:idea: :D :D :D

Froggystyle
05-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Don't play all nice and shit. I know better! Mister, I will be right back, I left something in the boat...........:idea: :D :D :D
I'm a lover... :D

Cole Trickle
05-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Like stated I use Hot Suce while out on the water for the quick wipe downs.
I like Dri-Wash for the final coat/wax. Makes the boat really shiny and honestly not as slippery as the Hot Sauce.I also use Dri Wash on my cars
Interior gets a magic eraser/clean damp rag
I think they all have there +/- factor:)
Both Mike and Patrick are class acts and I have no problem supporting/recomending there companies.:D
<-----always looking for sponsorship...lol:devil:

Froggystyle
05-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Both Mike and Patrick are class acts and I have no problem supporting/recomending there companies.:D
Agreed. I am actually glad that they both have real strong products that are unanswered to a degree in the others lines.
Now... if someone will make a better "Presto" then I won't have to order it from Tennessee every time I need some. Only comes in concentrate form, and is shipped essentially as Hazmat. :(

AZJD
05-18-2007, 03:33 PM
I wish mikes product had SPF in it. That pump bottle of his sure sprays evenly, and would eliminate awkward tan lines.......

RiverDave
05-18-2007, 03:36 PM
I wish mikes product had SPF in it. That pump bottle of his sure sprays evenly, and would eliminate awkward tan lines.......
You can take a bottle and empty it out and put Sun Tanning stuff in it. ;)
I use those little pump bottles for all sorts of stuff.
I use one with water to clean my pool table.. It mists so fine it gets the table damp, but not "wet." Use another one with rubbing alcohol to clean pool cues. etc..
RD

RiverDave
05-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Like stated I use Hot Suce while out on the water for the quick wipe downs.
I like Dri-Wash for the final coat/wax. Makes the boat really shiny and honestly not as slippery as the Hot Sauce.I also use Dri Wash on my cars
Interior gets a magic eraser/clean damp rag
I think they all have there +/- factor:)
<-----always looking for sponsorship...lol:devil:
Indeed.. :D I'm always looking for sponsorship as well. :D
RD

Cole Trickle
05-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Indeed.. :D I'm always looking for sponsorship as well. :D
RD
Beat it....This was my suckup thread!!! :D;)

RiverDave
05-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Picture me kinda like T-Bo rolling through the hood on my bicycle.. You best be putting your chains away, and moving along boy. ;)
RD

djunkie
05-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Picture me kinda like T-Bo rolling through the hood on my bicycle.. You best be putting your chains away, and moving along boy. ;)
RD
Cheap bastards!!!!!!!!!:D :D

Jordy
05-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Sorry kids, but the sponsorship went to the author of post #2. :D

RiverDave
05-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Well for anyone that's interested in trying these products out, and forming your own opinions.
I will have
Waxing Frenzies Spray Wax
Boat Blings - Hot Sauce, and other products
Dri Wash n Guards Spray Wax and other products
on hand Memorial day in Parker for you to try them side by side and see which ones you like best. I'll have enough to do several complete boats (top side if their floating)
I should have the products with me both out on the water and at my house so if you see me at the sandbar and want to try them just hit me up. Or feel free to swing by.
RD

djunkie
05-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Well for anyone that's interested in trying these products out, and forming your own opinions.
I will have
and Dri Wash n Guards Spray Wax and other products
on hand Memorial day in Parker for you to try them side by side and see which ones you like best. I'll have enough to do several complete boats (top side if their floating)
RD
Maybe I'll trailer my boat down there and have you demonstrate all this while I sit back and drink your beer. :crossx: :crossx:

Cole Trickle
05-18-2007, 03:56 PM
Sorry kids, but the sponsorship went to the author of post #2. :D
You neglected Dri-Wash;):D:eek:

Cole Trickle
05-18-2007, 03:58 PM
RD
http://djjazzyjen.typepad.com/dj_jazzy_jen/images/deebo_1.jpg
My Cleaning Products Punk!!! LOL:D

Jordy
05-18-2007, 03:59 PM
You neglected Dri-Wash;):D:eek:
Not at all. That's good stuff too, but for quick wipedowns on the boat ramp, gotta go with the Sauce, espeically on the Sea Guppy. :)
Just did my truck the other day with DWG and it looks great. In fact, I'm almost out. Going to have to order up some more. :D

Cole Trickle
05-18-2007, 03:59 PM
Maybe I'll trailer my boat down there and have you demonstrate all this while I sit back and drink your beer. :crossx: :crossx:
Maybe you can drop Christina off and take you and your dirty boat back to Havasu?!?!:D:idea: :sqeyes: ;)

Cole Trickle
05-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Not at all. That's good stuff too, but for quick wipedowns on the boat ramp, gotta go with the Sauce, espeically on the Sea Guppy. :)
Just did my truck the other day with DWG and it looks great. In fact, I'm almost out. Going to have to order up some more. :D
Too little too Late!!.......:D :eek:
Patrick did give me a shirt though...:idea: :D

RiverDave
05-18-2007, 04:03 PM
The point was for people to use it themselves and come to their own conclusions. If you want your boat washed I'm sure we can come to an arrangement. :D I'm not sure you'll like my pricing though.
RD

djunkie
05-18-2007, 04:04 PM
The point was for people to use it themselves and come to their own conclusions. If you want your boat washed I'm sure we can come to an arrangement. :D I'm not sure you'll like my pricing though.
RD
Thats ok. I'll just write you a bad check. :D :D

Jordy
05-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Too little too Late!!.......:D :eek:
Patrick did give me a shirt though...:idea: :D
Nah, I'm still in the running. I must say though, Patrick delivers his products personally, while MagicMike has his stuff shipped... :idea: :D

Jordy
05-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Thats ok. I'll just right you a bad check. :D :D
Right it huh??? :D :D :D

Cole Trickle
05-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Nah, I'm still in the running. I must say though, Patrick delivers his products personally, while MagicMike has his stuff shipped... :idea: :D
You must be loosing your touch...lol
I had both products delivered by the owners;):D

djunkie
05-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Right it huh??? :D :D :D
Do you have your hand glues to that freakin quote button or something? :rolleyes: :D :D

Jordy
05-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Do you have your hand glues to that freakin quote button or something? :rolleyes: :D :D
No, it's not "glues" to the quote button. Just so happened that I had replied and looked up to see your intentions to "right" a check. Figured you still wanted to play the game. :D

djunkie
05-18-2007, 04:09 PM
No, it's not "glues" to the quote button. Just so happened that I had replied and looked up to see your intentions to "right" a check. Figured you still wanted to play the game. :D
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jordy
05-18-2007, 04:14 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
After my spelling issues the other day I figured I'd go sign up for the Jordy School of Grammar and Spelling. How ironic that the first person I used it on was you. :D :D
:idea: :jawdrop: :D

djunkie
05-18-2007, 04:15 PM
:idea: :jawdrop: :D
You really do take this place way too serious. :idea: :D

whiteworks
05-18-2007, 05:06 PM
I just run it all weekend give it a quick wipe down when needed. at the end of the weekend I strip it all off with diluted vinegar and water in a spray bottle. then I drink some beers and apply a nice coat of meguiars carnauba wax. every time I get back its ready to go in the water. I personally like to wax my boat and enjoy doing it, I guess its a little therapeutic. how ever I'm sure if I had a larger boat I would not feel the same.:)

Havasu1986
05-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Thats ok. I'll just write you a bad check. :D :D
I thought only your grandma writes checks.:D :eek:

MR FLYIN VEE
05-18-2007, 05:56 PM
2 boats right in a row the night I saw u at shug's ,took us an hour to get off the water at the nautical ramp,usually takes 10-20min.Then we were parking the boat up the road in the dirt and both those bastards honked at use as we were backing in. took us a third of the time to get out and park as it did for them to get off the water.:mad: :mad:

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-18-2007, 06:25 PM
well I have been boating longer then you and YES I have seen dumb a$$'s wipe down, fill their boat with towels, look for their boat keys. etc..:D :D

MR FLYIN VEE
05-18-2007, 06:50 PM
I will have
Dri Wash n Guards Spray Wax and other products
I should have the products with me both out on the water and at my house so if you see me at the sandbar and want to try them just hit me up. Or feel free to swing by.
RD
Did u say SWING.:jawdrop: :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Did u say SWING.:jawdrop: :D
:jawdrop: :D

SOCALDETAIL1
05-18-2007, 09:31 PM
I wrote the article. And I explain that I think you should use what suits your needs, try everything there are alot of products out there. I think it's important that you know ALL the ingredients in a product hands down. I was talking to Big Doug the other day and was telling him gel is like skin and wax is the lotion to keep it moisterized would you put viniger on your skin? If you use viniger it is very important to wax after to re-moisterize the gel and protect it. And don't apply the viniger in direct sun or on a hot finish. I have been in the business for over 19 years I have had numerous products thrown at me. I keep using the products that work the best regardless of the cost. I encourage anyone if they have questions or need advice to call me or Doug thats why we are all on here. And please do not wipe your boat down on the launch ramps.:) Mark (So-Cal Detail) 562-544-4732

BigDoug
05-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Yea, what he said !!..............that was a great write up Mark, i read that thing 14 times and still couldn't find my name. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

voodoomedman
05-18-2007, 10:26 PM
I use a spray wax that is sold to detail shops. Get it straight from a distributor. 20 bucks for a gallon that you if you mix 50/50 with water you get 8 quarts out of it. Lasts forever. I've wanted to try Hot Sauce to see what the hypes about but my stuff works well and for basically 20 bucks a year then I'm set.

twowheeledfish
05-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Another vote for Hot Sauce!

TOBTEK
05-19-2007, 05:37 AM
RD
THIS TIME come over and get the right supplys please:D you know where I live. I cant stress enough using one HIGH QUALITY micro fiber towel thats wet with HS to get all the spots,water,and crud off. Then have another dry HQ micro to come behind and polish...... trust me, its the HOT SET-UP.