PDA

View Full Version : Camera Ticket

topless
05-18-2007, 11:35 AM
My friend (yes I do have some) got a ticket mailed to her for running a red in Riverside. Included color pictures of the front and back of the car and directer her to a wesite so she could watch the video. Since the city did not install the camera, her ticket was sent from Pheonix. I guess they contract with a company to install them. Anyway, her fine was 416.00 because of course the company who intalled them gets a cut. Holy Crap guys be careful.

lalhc
05-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Those cameras are popping up all over the place now, including several new one's in the IE.

Chico&Zeus
05-18-2007, 11:49 AM
From what I've heard, if you go to the website, it is an admission that you have received the ticket. If you do nothing, you might get away with it. It could have gotten "Lost in the Mail". I am not advocating this in any way (legal disclaimer) Usually if you do not respond, the next step will be to send you either a certified letter or have someone serve you in person, either way once you receive the ticket, you will have to pay the fine or fight it in court. Like I said, everyone I've talked to says do nothing and play the chance that they will have to come to your home and serve you. Just don't open the door:D

Hardly Satisfied
05-18-2007, 12:09 PM
yes they have them in the city of riverside, I read something in the newspaper that there are somewere 15 to 20 area's with them. Be carefull

thumbs
05-18-2007, 12:16 PM
Anyway, her fine was 416.00 because of course the company who intalled them gets a cut. Holy Crap guys be careful.
Be careful because you might get a big ticket?

reDECKulous
05-18-2007, 12:18 PM
thats what you getting for having plates on your car

Strippoker
05-18-2007, 12:21 PM
I have the honor of having a ticket on the frikin autobon in Germany by one of those damn cameras I now have it in a frame to show off. No one told me the speed limits are not that well posted when you transit a town. oops

707dog
05-18-2007, 12:21 PM
sux azz just sent my payment off last week for mine (not in riverside ) it was $361 i watched that video like 4 times and was laughing at myself....

Kilrtoy
05-18-2007, 12:32 PM
The reponses to this topic are unreal, Running a red light is very serious.
1000's of people die each year from people in too much of a hurry to slow down and stop for a red light. Trying stopping instead of running the red light, The life you save may be your own....

thumbs
05-18-2007, 12:39 PM
1000's of people die each year from people in too much of a hurry to slow down and stop for a red light. Trying stopping instead of running the red light, The life you save may be your own....
My thought exactly. That's why I was asking why they should be careful. It seems that be careful means so you don't get a ticket rather than kill someone or yourself.

topless
05-18-2007, 12:40 PM
1000's of people die each year from people in too much of a hurry to slow down and stop for a red light. Trying stopping instead of running the red light, The life you save may be your own....She was in a left turn lane that had an arrow signal and was behind a big truck and didn't see it change to yellow so proceeded behind the truck. It wasn't like she was trying to beat it, just didn't see it.

ChumpChange
05-18-2007, 12:42 PM
thats what you getting for having plates on your car
All my tickets go to Anaheim Chevrolet.

edog_103
05-18-2007, 12:44 PM
These tickets have nothing to do with safety. They are designed to generate revenue and that's it. I live a mile away from the photo machines in Riverside on Tyler and Indiana. Now if you've ever driven that section you know there is too much traffic to haul a$$. Nine times out of Ten you are stuck in the middle of the intersection. Not only that. You can't make a right hand turn from Indiana to Tyler while the light is red. One more thing if you go film the lights you can beat them in court. They are set up too quick. There is a length of time the yellow has to stay on. I think it's 3.9 seconds on a posted 40mph street. When you turn left from Indiana to Van buren the light is so fast you cannot make it through the intersection in time, even if it is green when approach it. Watch how many rear end accidents you see because of these.

Kilrtoy
05-18-2007, 12:53 PM
These camera's are placed in intersections that have a proven record of higher than normal traffic accidents, which are directly related to motor vehicle operator failing to stop at the red tri light.
They are not placed there for revenue. They are placed there to save lives, so if ONLY ONE life is saved, then it did it's job.
It has also been proven that accidents drop at these intersections.
Topless I was not directing this at you

lucky
05-18-2007, 12:59 PM
These camera's are placed in intersections that have a proven record of higher than normal traffic accidents, which are directly related to motor vehicle operator failing to stop at the red tri light.
They are not placed there for revenue. They are placed there to save lives, so if ONLY ONE life is saved, then it did it's job.
It has also been proven that accidents drop at these intersections.
Topless I was not directing this at you
No offence Kilrtoy , but BULshit - someone is making something somewhere ! when opertunity Knocks goverment collects !:mad:

Kilrtoy
05-18-2007, 01:01 PM
No offence Kilrtoy , but BULshit - someone is making something somewhere ! when opertunity Knocks goverment collects !:mad:
I never said they don't make revenue,
I said they are not placed there for that purpose

Havasu Luvr
05-18-2007, 01:02 PM
All this coming from the same guy who started a thread complaining about a "NEW" stop sign in the middle of Rice Rd? Take your own advise and you would not have anything to complain about on Rice Rd.:D :D :sqeyes:
PS. this is great advise..... if you keep typing with sobering advise I may just start to like you:jawdrop: :D

Kilrtoy
05-18-2007, 01:03 PM
All this coming from the same guy who started a thread complaining about a "NEW" stop sign in the middle of Rice Rd? Take your own advise and you would not have anything to complain about on Rice Rd.:D :D :sqeyes:
yes I will take my own advise
HOW ABOUT A FEW WEEK WARNING....
No the stop signs appeared over night
You get that with red light camera intersections
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ACEB36TC
05-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Lets Just Say That The Cops Now Get Change Back With The Free Donuts They Get. Kickback From The Camera Light Folks.

Havasu1
05-18-2007, 01:07 PM
They have a bunch of these in San Diego. Many of them were shut down for a while due to the fact that the city shorten the yellow light time to catch more drivers and generate more revenue$$$$:devil: . Plus, they didn't put them at intersections that had the most accidents. Usually they were installed at intersections that were big and took longer to get through. You would get a ticket no matter what if you were in the intersection after the light turned red. Many have been turned back on with some changes. Now, if the light is yellow and you crossed the line, you don't get at ticket. Even if you are stuck in the intersection due to traffic. Plus, all yellow lights have to have the same amount of time that they are lit up. I'm all for these things if it saves lives, not as a new tax on motorist. We have such an honest city council here in SD:sqeyes:

WYRD
05-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Lets Just Say That The Cops Now Get Change Back With The Free Donuts They Get. Kickback From The Camera Light Folks.
Second to the Military they are the largest gang in town:D

Havasu Luvr
05-18-2007, 01:08 PM
Well, the last time I remember driving is a previledge (sp?) and to have that previledge one of the things is to be aware of your surroundings @ all times.
[QUOTE=Kilrtoy; "No the stop signs appeared over night"
I guess the deer that was hit just last week on the 241 should have had a current sign posted explaining that he was crossing the road at that particular time...:D

Kilrtoy
05-18-2007, 01:13 PM
They have a bunch of these in San Diego. Many of them were shut down for a while due to the fact that the city shorten the yellow light time to catch more drivers and generate more revenue$$$$:devil: . Plus, they didn't put them at intersections that had the most accidents. Usually they were installed at intersections that were big and took longer to get through. You would get a ticket no matter what if you were in the intersection after the light turned red. Many have been turned back on with some changes. Now, if the light is yellow and you crossed the line, you don't get at ticket. Even if you are stuck in the intersection due to traffic. Plus, all yellow lights have to have the same amount of time that they are lit up. I'm all for these things if it saves lives, not as a new tax on motorist. We have such an honest city council here in SD:sqeyes:
If you are gonna post crap like this post the damn truth...
It has been happening at almost every city that has installed these camera's...
The company that maintains the camera's and sets them up,
is the ones who are short changing the lights and quick snapping the cameras
Not the city council.....

WYRD
05-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Just another hi tech invention to generate money without raising taxes. Someone has to pay for all the government agencies the Democrats dream up, before you know it the ECM computer in your car (you know the one that stores everything including highest speed) will send out tickets everytime your car goes over the speedlimit too.......:)

topless
05-18-2007, 01:19 PM
I guess the deer that was hit just last week on the 241 should have had a current sign posted explaining that he was crossing the road at that particular time...:D[/QUOTE]
LMAO!!!!!:D :D

thumbs
05-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Ticket are not about creating revenue.
MYTH #2: IT IS A REVENUE GENERATOR
It is and yet it isn't. Yeah, it makes money for the city, but it targets only offenders AND more likely than not, the money is just barely enough to defray the cost of our overburdened court system.
Which almost always comes to this....
MYTH #3: THE SPEED LIMIT IS LOWERED ON PURPOSE TO FLEECE THE PUBLIC
Honestly, I can't even begin to fathom why people would think this. I don't know about city management, but for law enforcement anyway, we don't have any conspiracy with the city to artificially lower speed limits just so the city can make money.
What we do have, however, is a small request form we can fill out for DOT to flag a certain area as a "trouble spot". Typically, that's stapled right along our traffic accident reports so they can see why we're making such a request.
Once the request is sent to DOT, I've been told that they are the ones who decide how to troubleshoot the trouble spot. Sometimes, they will (eventually) add stop signs or even traffic lights. Other times, you guessed it, they will lower the speed limit.
But as you can see, it's not done because the city needs more money.

Do F150's Float?
05-18-2007, 02:05 PM
The have these on my way to work... Harbor & Orangethorpe is undergoing construction right now, and they keep snapping people turning right on the red light. I have sat at this intersection a million times and never noticed that happen, seemed to start after the construction? And can they do that if its not posted "No Right Turn On Red?" :confused: I don't ever turn there... don't run red lights (on purpose) either... just wondering :)

76ANTHONY
05-18-2007, 02:30 PM
The have these on my way to work... Harbor & Orangethorpe is undergoing construction right now, and they keep snapping people turning right on the red light. I have sat at this intersection a million times and never noticed that happen, seemed to start after the construction? And can they do that if its not posted "No Right Turn On Red?" :confused: I don't ever turn there... don't run red lights (on purpose) either... just wondering :)
yeah but your not telling the whole truth, you jump curbs and run over innocent old ladies cause your running late.....:D :D :eek: :D

77charger
05-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Yah but it might save a life so its worth it!

Do F150's Float?
05-18-2007, 02:34 PM
yeah but your not telling the whole truth, you jump curbs and run over innocent old ladies cause your running late.....:D :D :eek: :D
No way! I have a grace period on being late. Comes with having to commute.
I jump curbs and run over old ladies just for the hell of it... and their pocket books stuffed with $1 bills and Carrow's coupons. A girl's gotta eat you know. ;) :D

Hardly Satisfied
05-18-2007, 03:15 PM
These tickets have nothing to do with safety. They are designed to generate revenue and that's it. I live a mile away from the photo machines in Riverside on Tyler and Indiana. Now if you've ever driven that section you know there is too much traffic to haul a$$. Nine times out of Ten you are stuck in the middle of the intersection. Not only that. You can't make a right hand turn from Indiana to Tyler while the light is red. One more thing if you go film the lights you can beat them in court. They are set up too quick. There is a length of time the yellow has to stay on. I think it's 3.9 seconds on a posted 40mph street. When you turn left from Indiana to Van buren the light is so fast you cannot make it through the intersection in time, even if it is green when approach it. Watch how many rear end accidents you see because of these.
That area there is a mess to start with, yhe city needs to think of something better to handle all the traffic. It's bad every day and even a night mare during christmas.

edog_103
05-18-2007, 03:18 PM
That area there is a mess to start with, yhe city needs to think of something better to handle all the traffic. It's bad every day and even a night mare during christmas.
I totally agree. Something like they did on Arlington. Run the road under the train tracks maybe. They should do something productive instead of mounting 5 red light cameras, with in a 100' span. I heard they are going to widen Van buren and La Sierra.

Baja Big Dog
05-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Most cameras can be blinded with a spray...do the research.:D

edog_103
05-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Didn't Mythbusters prove that one wrong? What they say goes. No matter what.:)

RitcheyRch
05-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Saw that episode last weekend. Nothing was able to block the camera.
Didn't Mythbusters prove that one wrong? What they say goes. No matter what.:)

Her454
05-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Thats why I love tha country....we ain't even got no stoplights yet. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-18-2007, 07:54 PM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D

zudnic
05-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Don't do anything to admit that you are guilty. You are innocent until proven guilty in court by a jury of your peers. Dispute the ticket demand a trial by jury.
U.S Constitution say's: Amendment VII
In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise reexamined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.
At trial you are actually innocent until proven guilty and the "state" must produce enough evidence to prove you are guilty. Refuse to collaberate their evidence, i.e admit that its your car and it was you at that intersection at that time and place. Thats their job!
U.S Constitution say's Amendment V
nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself,
Refuse to be a witness against yourself. Since a camera cant come to court demand to meet the person behind their camera evidence.
again U.S Constitution Amendment VI
to be confronted with the witnesses against him
Unless they have a witness they cant really find you guilty.......
I'm not a lawyer, but I go to court enough that I might as well be! My town Cops will give you a speeding ticket for going 3mph over. So every time they pull me over for B.S. I pay them back by tying them up in court time costs. So even if you lose, it will cost them way more than it was worth....... :)

YeLLowBoaT
05-19-2007, 07:07 PM
just cops that pull you over at 100+ :D
I would love to live about 30 mins out side of town... only prob is with the way they have been building houses the last few years... not many places like that left or are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

topless
05-19-2007, 07:54 PM
Don't do anything to admit that you are guilty. You are innocent until proven guilty in court by a jury of your peers. Dispute the ticket demand a trial by jury.
U.S Constitution say's:
At trial you are actually innocent until proven guilty and the "state" must produce enough evidence to prove you are guilty. Refuse to collaberate their evidence, i.e admit that its your car and it was you at that intersection at that time and place. Thats their job!
U.S Constitution say's
Refuse to be a witness against yourself. Since a camera cant come to court demand to meet the person behind their camera evidence.
again U.S Constitution
I'm not a lawyer, but I go to court enough that I might as well be! My town Cops will give you a speeding ticket for going 3mph over. So every time they pull me over for B.S. I pay them back by tying them up in court time costs. So even if you lose, it will cost them way more than it was worth....... :)There is really no disputing it because they sent her a few nice pictures with her front plate, back plate, even showed her face behind the wheel and they have a video of the whole thing so let her plead the fifth and she's guilty no matter what but 416 dollars worth????

YeLLowBoaT
05-19-2007, 07:59 PM
my understand is the ticket goes to the registered owner of the car...not the driver.

Ultracrazy
05-19-2007, 08:01 PM
"Dispute the ticket demand a trial by jury"
Not true..........only misdemeanors and felonies.

shueman
05-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Just got one for turning right on a red light...$391...:eek: The pictures clearly show a driver doing the same thing prior to my "violation.
Unfortunately for them, the intersection is NOT POSTED against that turn. I will be taking pictures of the same intersection as evidence.
:mad:

r erfert
05-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Just got one for turning right on a red light...$391...:eek: The pictures clearly show a driver doing the same thing prior to my "violation.
Unfortunately for them, the intersection is NOT POSTED against that turn. I will be taking pictures of the same intersection as evidence.
If you get your picture and it infact has the no right turn....Photo chop it out and your good to go :D

zudnic
05-19-2007, 11:34 PM
There is really no disputing it because they sent her a few nice pictures with her front plate, back plate, even showed her face behind the wheel and they have a video of the whole thing so let her plead the fifth and she's guilty no matter what but 416 dollars worth????
I agree that $416 is excessive. Depends on the judge but most traffic infractions have some grey area's that they will let slide. Most states have 2 levels of speeding for example, over 10 is excessive, hence why most places Police let 10 over slide. Say you where passing a truck and had to speed up to safely pass. Alot of jurisdictions have mitigation hearings; you admit you did the infraction, but you would like a hearing to explain why. 9 times out of 10 they will reduce the fine.... The ACLU is trying to get the cams removed. I would fight it my way, I want to see the people behind that evidence face to face.
"Dispute the ticket demand a trial by jury"
Not true..........only misdemeanors and felonies.
It's still a common law dispute. No they probably will not give in to your demand for a trial by jury! Again I like F'in with my county on BS tickets I've received.....
US ConstitutionAmendment VII
In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise reexamined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.
Would'nt recomend this. But if me would file a motion claiming the camera infraction a suit at common law demanding a jury trial. County wastes my time on a BS ticket, I'll not only cost them money, will manipulate to cost them more than its worth!
When I first moved here out of state plates, drivers license, etc. I was stopped for zero reason. I saw the Cop behind me long before the stop, so know I did'nt create probable cause. He used the "excuse" no front plate and ended up giving me a ticket for it. Fought it and won....

zudnic
05-19-2007, 11:39 PM
One of my other tickets was fail to stop. Rural road entering a highway and the sign said: "right turn does not stop". Another in Scottsdale to turn on my old street, sign side: "left on arrow" problem was all three lights where arrows. Nuts but the judge let me off..... 3 reckless drivings, got off on one of them. Cop did'nt show for court..

MudPumper
05-20-2007, 12:53 AM
U.S Constitution say's:
U.S Constitution say's
again U.S Constitution
I'm not a lawyer, but I go to court enough that I might as well be! My town Cops will give you a speeding ticket for going 3mph over. So every time they pull me over for B.S. I pay them back by tying them up in court time costs. So even if you lose, it will cost them way more than it was worth....... :)
Sorry, but you will not get a jury trial for an infraction. You can have it heard by a commisioner or by a judge. Think about this, when you "Pay them back by tying them up in court time cost," The cops get paid overtime to go to court and all the court cost you are "charging" up, guess who pays for that? Yeah...thats right, the tax payers, which is you. Genious.

zudnic
05-20-2007, 01:18 AM
Sorry, but you will not get a jury trial for an infraction. You can have it heard by a commisioner or by a judge. Think about this, when you "Pay them back by tying them up in court time cost," The cops get paid overtime to go to court and all the court cost you are "charging" up, guess who pays for that? Yeah...thats right, the tax payers, which is you. Genious.
Nope you probably will not get a jury trial. But you could argue for one. Gives you a good reason to appeal. Yes, ultimately you are wasting taxpayer money. If enough people begin manipulating intrusive big brother camera's though and it becomes more costly just maybe the county or city will get fed up and rid the streets of them.....
I fight every ticket, some more than others, when they are un-fair the gloves come off. If your turning right and your allowed, but, set the cam off. Why should you pay. Or turning left with a vehicle that semi blocks the light, think everyone has done that; 9 times out of 10 if it was a live Officer even if they pulled you over you more than likely would'nt get a ticket...... These camera's are really away to ensure they get your money. When its BS I'm not letting them make money off it....

Ultracrazy
05-20-2007, 02:33 AM
Nope you probably will not get a jury trial. But you could argue for one. Gives you a good reason to appeal. Yes, ultimately you are wasting taxpayer money. If enough people begin manipulating intrusive big brother camera's though and it becomes more costly just maybe the county or city will get fed up and rid the streets of them.....
I fight every ticket, some more than others, when they are un-fair the gloves come off. If your turning right and your allowed, but, set the cam off. Why should you pay. Or turning left with a vehicle that semi blocks the light, think everyone has done that; 9 times out of 10 if it was a live Officer even if they pulled you over you more than likely would'nt get a ticket...... These camera's are really away to ensure they get your money. When its BS I'm not letting them make money off it....
Just how many tickets have you been given?

BoatPI
05-20-2007, 05:59 AM
Some things to remember..
1. The camera needs to identify the driver of the vehicle to truly stick in court. If it shows you, don't play games with the judge.
2. Inquire with the city as to when they last checked the timing of the light from caution light to red stop. And do they do this work or is it contracted out. If the timing is too short from one phase to another, you and perhaps hunderds can have the citation tossed.
3. Forget that thought of denying that you received a notice in the mail. The compamy will notify the DMV of non paymnet and you will not be able to register your vehicle.

zudnic
05-20-2007, 07:37 AM
Some things to remember..
1. The camera needs to identify the driver of the vehicle to truly stick in court. If it shows you, don't play games with the judge.
2. Inquire with the city as to when they last checked the timing of the light from caution light to red stop. And do they do this work or is it contracted out. If the timing is too short from one phase to another, you and perhaps hunderds can have the citation tossed.
3. Forget that thought of denying that you received a notice in the mail. The compamy will notify the DMV of non paymnet and you will not be able to register your vehicle.
1) If you can back with law games can be fun with Judge. I got a driving while suspended tossed because the Judge was not happy with my not guilty and Jury trial selection at pre-trial. He made the mistake of saying: "I have your drivers abstract and when I find you guilty for wasting our time with a jury you'll do the full 90 days" Got lots of laughs when I shot back that Judges by way of the state constitution are not allowed to practice law on the bench and innocent until proven guilty. Superior court liked the motion to have the case tossed on those grounds cause I won!!!!! Nice non-traffic you cant go to jail for them in this state! Peeving Judges sometimes leads them to error..... :)
2) True or at the very least they may reduce the fine if you dont peeve them off. I'm a little bit rebelous though...
3) If the company notifies and the DMV denies registration, I would take that to court. The DMV denial of my private property without due process of law!

TRIMMIN
05-20-2007, 09:15 AM
Does the company have a ticker symbol?

Havasteve
05-20-2007, 11:16 AM
My friend (yes I do have some) got a ticket mailed to her for running a red in Riverside. Included color pictures of the front and back of the car and directer her to a wesite so she could watch the video. Since the city did not install the camera, her ticket was sent from Pheonix. I guess they contract with a company to install them. Anyway, her fine was 416.00 because of course the company who intalled them gets a cut. Holy Crap guys be careful.
Take a picture of $416 in cash and mail the picture in for payment!!!

hotsand65
05-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Being "stuck" in an intersection is no excuse and, personally, I think it should be a bigger fine than running a yellow/red light. You are not supposed to proceed into an intersection unless you know you can make it through. You people that get "stuck" in an intersection are the reason that I sit at the light for an extra turn after you get "stuck". If you can't make it through, stay the fock out.
I see your from Temecula. I live in the neighborhood of Winchester and Ynez where there are people ALWAYS blocking someone because they want to make the light to get to the freeway. But that yellow light is so damn fast that even when you have crossed the cross walk by the time you are at the other side it is red and that's where Johnny Law sits and waits. That is a trap if I've ever seen one!!

rollin24/7
05-21-2007, 03:02 PM
ShockwaveBob nailed it! If the light is Red then STOP. When it's Green that means go. If you want to avoid the tickets, court dates, questioning the judge and/or city, then just stop and wait for the next green light.

topless
05-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Being "stuck" in an intersection is no excuse and, personally, I think it should be a bigger fine than running a yellow/red light. You are not supposed to proceed into an intersection unless you know you can make it through. You people that get "stuck" in an intersection are the reason that I sit at the light for an extra turn after you get "stuck". If you can't make it through, stay the fock out.You hit the nail on the head. I never proceed into an intersection even on a green unless I know I can make it through. I too hate having to sit at a green light waiting for the people sitting in the intersection.