PDA

View Full Version : What happens without a ride plate?

probablecause
05-18-2007, 05:44 PM
If I don't use one, will anything happen?

Jetaholic
05-18-2007, 06:17 PM
You only really need one if you have a diverter and you have a porpoising problem when you're trimmed up.
Run the boat, trim it up and see if you have that problem.

probablecause
05-18-2007, 06:20 PM
I put a droop on it but have not run it yet. I was just curious.

MADDOG355
05-18-2007, 06:20 PM
I am assumeing the boat has never had a ride plate on it? I don't have one on mine, and from my understanding they hurt more than help below about 70.
I think it would help if we had more info on your boat and setup.

probablecause
05-18-2007, 06:28 PM
I am assumeing the boat has never had a ride plate on it? I don't have one on mine, and from my understanding they hurt more than help below about 70.
I think it would help if we had more info on your boat and setup.
475 HP motor, Berk. JG, jetovator, 20.5' Carrera Elite, open bow.

MADDOG355
05-19-2007, 07:24 AM
I put a droop on it but have not run it yet. I was just curious.
Did not see that post when I posted. It should not be a problem, You most likely will have porpoising problem when you trim full up. But you should be able to ride around with no ill effects.

IMPATIENT 1
05-19-2007, 08:16 AM
:D newbies:D
your boat will plane faster with a ride plate so how do you guys some up with it hurting overall performance under 70 lol.
if you pull skiers, you need a ride plate, if you want a softer ride or want to take on bigger wakes, you need a ride plate, if you like better fuel useage, you need a ride plate.i can go on with the benefits all day, can't really think of any true ill sideeffects of runnin a ride plate.
if your runnin a droop, the droop will drag on most hulls unless you use a ride plate to keep the droop outta the water

Devilman
05-19-2007, 08:48 AM
As far as running a droop without a rideplate, it isn't going to "hurt" anything. I'm running a droop on mine without a rideplate, for now..... The droop alone helped mine out quite a bit, but the addition of a rideplate will kind of "finish off" the droop addition, for lack of a better way to put it. :rollside:

b's sanger
05-19-2007, 08:49 AM
:D newbies:D
your boat will plane faster with a ride plate so how do you guys some up with it hurting overall performance under 70 lol.
if you pull skiers, you need a ride plate, if you want a softer ride or want to take on bigger wakes, you need a ride plate, if you like better fuel useage, you need a ride plate.i can go on with the benefits all day, can't really think of any true ill sideeffects of runnin a ride plate.
if your runnin a droop, the droop will drag on most hulls unless you use a ride plate to keep the droop outta the water
What he said! Oh yeah one ill effect, you have to clean it.:jawdrop:

FOURQ
05-19-2007, 08:09 PM
ignore all the jerk off comments.... if you are looking to get down to gaining 10nths and 100nths in the 1/4 then add one but if not then why bother with little HP..

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-19-2007, 08:19 PM
When I did my bottom and added a shoe my boat was a circus without the plate! A plate will help with handling ALOT!