PDA

View Full Version : Well

Kim Hanson
05-19-2007, 08:58 AM
I am just sitting here waiting on Hooligan to show up and the animal control people! Kid was attacked by a PitBull at the end of my street and was sitting bleeding in the driveway! Cops came and were going to shoot it and then got the dog back in the owners yard and guns were put away and they sat around talking about what to do.......I said shoot the focker, animal control is going to do it instead......what a way to start a longweekend..........( . )( . )..........:D :D

YeLLowBoaT
05-19-2007, 09:00 AM
its not the dogs fualt... shoot the owner.

rivrrts429
05-19-2007, 09:06 AM
Two pit bull dogs are suspected of mauling their owners' 2-year-old son, who was bitten so viciously on the head and neck that one of the animals broke a tooth, officials in Hesperia said Friday.
"When our officers got to the property, the dogs ... were barking and growling. And both ... had blood on them," said Tony Genovesi, the city's code compliance supervisor.
The boy suffered jaw fractures, a crushed bone around one eye, puncture wounds and gashes on his head and face during the Thursday afternoon attack, said San Bernardino County sheriff's spokeswoman Jodi Miller.
The child's name was withheld because of his age. The violence occurred outside the family home along the 11500 block of A Avenue.
The parents drove the boy to nearby Desert Valley Hospital. He was later transferred in critical condition to Loma Linda University Medical Center.
"The boy had gone outside to the driveway, and that's where he was confronted by the male dog," Miller said. "They couldn't determine whether the boy had done anything to provoke the attack."
A broken canine tooth belonging to the 55-pound male pit bull was found in the driveway, Genovesi said. The other dog is a 30-pound female.
"We don't know what triggered it," Genovesi said of the attack. "There are a whole variety of things that could set off something like this, ranging from (the boy) touching the dog ... to maybe the child fell, triggering the pack animal instinct of attacking a wounded animal."
The family reportedly has owned the male for about a month.
"Originally, they did keep him chained up," Genovesi said. "We were told they only recently let him off the chain."
This is not the first time the male dog has turned violent, according to the preliminary investigation.
"It was reported that it did attack a neighbor's dog two weeks ago and injured the dog," Genovesi said.
Because the pit bulls don't have current licenses and rabies shots, they'll be kept in quarantine for at least 10 days. A hearing will be held within 20 days to determine how and why the boy was attacked and what should become of the dogs, Genovesi said.
If the family relinquishes ownership, one or both of the dogs probably will be put to death, he said, rather than allow anyone to adopt the animals and run the risk of an additional attack.
If the family chooses to keep the dogs, the hearing officer can require the owners to kennel the animals on the family property and muzzle them whenever they leave the property.
As a last resort, the officer could order the animals euthanized, Genovesi said.
"We're still trying to contact the family," he said "We did get word that the family does want the female back."

Kim Hanson
05-20-2007, 06:29 AM
Well Hooligan showed up and after a truckload of beer, missing hair on 1 arm from lighting the fire in the fire pit with gas, head feels like a band is in there jamming right now! I didn't think eyes can bleed, they do though :D :D So far no injuries, so it's all good! I really wish this band would leave my head though, vision is alittle blurry :D :D ..........( . )( . )...........GOOD MORNING ***boat ;)

Baja Big Dog
05-20-2007, 07:38 AM
They havent yet decided what to do with the animals???
If that aint a classic.....wonder if they are looking for any input from the public, like 150 grains, say hollow point???:mad:
Then we can deal with the dogs!!!

photo chick
05-20-2007, 07:44 AM
They havent yet decided what to do with the animals???
If that aint a classic.....wonder if they are looking for any input from the public, like 150 grains, say hollow point???:mad:
Then we can deal with the dogs!!!
WTF I agree BBD. I love animals but those two should be destroyed! The parent's should be held accountable also, why was a 2 yr old left alone with two dogs....regardless of their breed?!

Old school Ultra
05-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Thats crazy, When my little one was born the nurse told my wife & to keep all dogs away and NEVER leave them alone with the dogs even in the crib, She told us a story of a Dachshund that jumped into a crib and bit a 11 week old in the face....
I guess you can never be to carful.....

Wet Dream
05-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Sorry Photo Chick, but all dogs like that should be fair game. I know you agree. The species should be made extinct. I have a cousin that was mamed due to dogs. Half of his face was torn off. I just did a new insurance quote for the home, one question was do you own Rotties, or pit bulls? They won't cover you and if you cover it up...you're dropped on the spot. Something for the rest of you guys to think about. I've known some GREAT Rotties, but they're getting a bad rap.

photo chick
05-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Sorry Photo Chick, but all dogs like that should be fair game. I know you agree. The species should be made extinct. I have a cousin that was mamed due to dogs. Half of his face was torn off. I just did a new insurance quote for the home, one question was do you own Rotties, or pit bulls? They won't cover you and if you cover it up...you're dropped on the spot. Something for the rest of you guys to think about. I've known some GREAT Rotties, but they're getting a bad rap.
Sorry what? I said those two should be put down but not all dogs are the same...not even all Rotts or all Pits.. And the parents.....what's your take on their parenting.....leaving a 2 yr old alone with a dog who has a record let alone having a dog like that with a 2 yr old?

Wet Dream
05-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Sorry what? I said those two should be put down but not all dogs are the same...not even all Rotts or all Pits.. And the parents.....what's your take on their parenting.....leaving a 2 yr old alone with a dog who has a record let alone having a dog like that with a 2 yr old?
When I typed that, I had only read the opener. Since it was animal related, I thought you would respond, and didn't know your take. So I apologized in advance. Then, I noticed your response. As for the parenting...its hard to say what the circumstances were. Some might predict that the parents were inside and the kid was allowed to roam on his own an ended up outside, or they might have all been outside doing yardwork. The dog, which they only had for one month was allowed off the leash, perhaps to see how the dog did. They increased the trust in the dog. Maybe they were all out in the yard, and the kid toddled across the grass, and the dog attacked, and the parents could get involved fast enough? Too many scenarios to know for sure. No, not all dogs are the same, and like i said, its unfortunate that a small percentage has created a horrible reputation for the whole breed. The good dogs don't make the news.

Xlration Marine
05-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Hell yea, no good use for them in this world, rotties as well.

SB
05-20-2007, 07:53 PM
This is not the first time the male dog has turned violent, according to the preliminary investigation.
"It was reported that it did attack a neighbor's dog two weeks ago and injured the dog," Genovesi said.
Because the pit bulls don't have current licenses and rabies shots, they'll be kept in quarantine for at least 10 days. A hearing will be held within 20 days to determine how and why the boy was attacked and what should become of the dogs, Genovesi said.
If the family relinquishes ownership, one or both of the dogs probably will be put to death, he said, rather than allow anyone to adopt the animals and run the risk of an additional attack.
If the family chooses to keep the dogs, the hearing officer can require the owners to kennel the animals on the family property and muzzle them whenever they leave the property.
As a last resort, the officer could order the animals euthanized, Genovesi said.
."
The dogs should be destroyed immediately. Doesn't really matter why they attacked. If the family decides to keep the dogs, they should have their kid taken away. They need a mental health exam anyway.

Kim Hanson
05-20-2007, 08:38 PM
Well, it's been along day.....Hooligan is down for the count and I am still kicking :D Beer stores love us...I am wasted right now! I have one story to tell though
I took Holligan to my Bronco to see what the sound system was like, well :D I looked over to see madusa ( my neighbor ) coming at the truck, she said it made her windows vibrate hard.....well , we left the truck......for a few minutes, I made a call to the cops and there is no sound thing for vehicles :D
Back to cranking it up :D We took it to the back yard ( the Bronco )........I survied the fire thing ( I never knew fire carried back to the container :D ) I lived through it though :D I have some hair missing, no big whoop !
Here I sit, listening to music by myself :( Beer sure tastes good though ......................( . )( . ).................:D :D
Anyone awake yet! I want to talk..............:idea:

Kim Hanson
05-20-2007, 08:52 PM
WHAT EVER THEN, I'm going to sleep................( . )( . )............:rolleyes: