PDA

View Full Version : R.V. Spots in Havasu

River918
05-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Wife and I are thinking about purchasing an R.V to put in Havasu during the spring and summer months. I'm just curious what people are paying for ther spots and where they're at.....Thanks for the help...

Kilrtoy
05-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Electric is very expensive at these spots and also your A/C wont work very good in thge havasu heat. Food for thought

79 HUSTLER
05-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Wife and I are thinking about purchasing an R.V to put in Havasu during the spring and summer months. I'm just curious what people are paying for ther spots and where they're at.....Thanks for the help...
At crazyhorse they range from 325 up top to 350 in the center area's and 400 for the northbeach. Electric runs around 125 for ours and we are usually there 3 out of 4 weekends.

79 HUSTLER
05-20-2007, 04:41 PM
Electric is very expensive at these spots and also your A/C wont work very good in thge havasu heat. Food for thought
Never had a problem with either of our trailers (32' & 38') and both only have a single a/c. There will be no problem with any newer rv that has a/c.

riverroyal
05-20-2007, 04:48 PM
3rd year in a row,325 a month plus utilities.Only 30 amp service but its never been a issue with a/c.That plus a RV payment actually saves us money if we go twice a month.The good thing is its MINE.Beds always the same,fridge is alway on with beer

JB in so cal
05-20-2007, 05:20 PM
3rd year in a row,325 a month plus utilities.Only 30 amp service but its never been a issue with a/c.That plus a RV payment actually saves us money if we go twice a month.The good thing is its MINE.Beds always the same,fridge is alway on with beer
Fireplace is very useful:rolleyes:

JB in so cal
05-20-2007, 05:21 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147737

catman-do
05-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Ours is at Islander. However we keep it in dry storage and then they place it on the spot for us. We pay $40 per month, plus the fees to stay the night.

Kaotic
05-20-2007, 05:35 PM
You may be able to pick up an older home here in Havasu for what you will pay for the motorhome payment and insurance, space rent and the high electric bill.
There have been some nice older homes here listed for 200K or less. Only problem is the garage may not be boat deep on the older homes?
My fifth wheel trailer a/c was terrible when I was using it during the summer months here. It was almost cooler outside at times. But it is a toyhauler so not insulated as well and only had 1 a/c unit for a 35' trailer.
I spoke with my realtor last week. There are many homes here close to being repoed (350+) where she goes to the bank before the repo and offers them and the owner less then what is owed on the home. It costs the bank 40-50K when they repo a home. You may want to look at that option if you have time to wait for a home that you like to pop up. I can give you her number if you would like to give her a call.
I am still working the other item I sent you emails about awhile back. I will send you the new drawings if you would still be interested? PM me your email address again so that I can send you pictures of the new stuff. These are much nicer then before.

Havasu Luvr
05-20-2007, 05:40 PM
It would depend on where you want to be. Close to the water or nicer ammenities. Havasu RV park is the nicest and cleanest RV park, much quieter and cleaner then Crazy Horse but located in North Havasu and it has 30/50/100 amp service. Great deals can be made (rentals) if you deal with land owners directly or you can purchase a lot. Myself and a few boards members have owned in this park for quite a few years now and love it. I think if you use the Association for rental contracts it runs approx $525 monthly. I have heard a few peeps have rented their lots out for $250 + elect during the summer months...it depends. Good luck

JB in so cal
05-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Good points on the house v. rv. If you only use the spot/rv for 4-5 months, there is no comparison. By the time you find a renter/snowbird, rehab, etc. yomight be paying for an empty house.
My spend in the summer is about $750-$800/month then drops to $320/month in the winter. We are out every two weeks from April through October.

Havasu Luvr
05-20-2007, 05:50 PM
You may be able to pick up an older home here in Havasu for what you will pay for the motorhome payment and insurance, space rent and the high electric bill.
There have been some nice older homes here listed for 200K or less. Only problem is the garage may not be boat deep on the older homes?
My fifth wheel trailer a/c was terrible when I was using it during the summer months here. It was almost cooler outside at times. But it is a toyhauler so not insulated as well and only had 1 a/c unit for a 35' trailer.
I spoke with my realtor last week. There are many homes here close to being repoed (350+) where she goes to the bank before the repo and offers them and the owner less then what is owed on the home. It costs the bank 40-50K when they repo a home. You may want to look at that option if you have time to wait for a home that you like to pop up. I can give you her number if you would like to give her a call.
I am still working the other item I sent you emails about awhile back. I will send you the new drawings if you would still be interested? PM me your email address again so that I can send you pictures of the new stuff. These are much nicer then before.
Good points here, like I said, it would depend on what you want.... RVing is cool if you do the winter sports ie sand toys or camping. Either way enjoy,
PS. I know of a lot for sale in Havasu RV Resort.:D

Infamous
05-20-2007, 06:33 PM
I looked around last year and Havasu R.v. resort fit my means perfect. A lot of people say it is too far north...Hell its only Havasu. I am at Windsor in 5 minutes. Take a look around. You can cruise the park and find a lot of private party rentals or some decent deals on purchases. Thats whats nice if you buy-No space rent you own the lot.

River918
05-20-2007, 06:42 PM
?????

79 HUSTLER
05-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Crazyhorse is not the nicest park for sure, but the launch ramp pays for itself ten times... Also our space is about 15 steps from the water and we just pull up the table and watch everyone enter/leave the channel. Works perfect for us...

lalhc
05-20-2007, 07:47 PM
We're at the Islander, but I hear that there's a list of people waiting for 3-6 month sites. A lot of people lease their site for 6 months and their site is leased out the other 6 months to snowbirds.
There is nothing like being on the water and having a private launch ramp. They are very strict at the Islander, but it's all for the good. I feel comfortable letting my kids roam around and I am also comfortable leaving my boat beached or in a slip overnight.

duner21
05-20-2007, 08:01 PM
The wait list at the islander is 2 years. Great place to stay.

MR.rvrluvr
05-20-2007, 08:10 PM
we stay at Havasu falls..across from sherriff station at north end of town...Beautifull park with a lake view..$150 mo space rent and $25 for every night you stay...plus electric... If you stay more than 12 nights a month then you pay a flat $400 mo...Ron is the manager really nice guy..He will also give you a second spot to park your boat on while you are there.. Paved roads and concrete pads to park with rock surround..Great club house and pool....Exactly 3 miles from windsor launch ramp... Check it out we are space 82 stop by and say hi...

Havasu Luvr
05-21-2007, 12:13 PM
we stay at Havasu falls..across from sherriff station at north end of town...Beautifull park with a lake view..$150 mo space rent and $25 for every night you stay...plus electric... If you stay more than 12 nights a month then you pay a flat $400 mo...Ron is the manager really nice guy..He will also give you a second spot to park your boat on while you are there.. Paved roads and concrete pads to park with rock surround..Great club house and pool....Exactly 3 miles from windsor launch ramp... Check it out we are space 82 stop by and say hi...
We use to stay there before we bought into the Resort. Very nice and quiet. You should check out the other side of the tracks....:idea: A little nicer with better ammenities. You going to be out there Memorial weekend?

That Guy
05-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Let me go ahead and get started on River 918's next post...
RV for sale...nearly new...can/will put in sunroof if desired....:D :D You guys out this weekend? :)

mrs.rvrluvr
05-21-2007, 12:39 PM
We use to stay there before we bought into the Resort. Very nice and quiet. You should check out the other side of the tracks....:idea: A little nicer with better ammenities. You going to be out there Memorial weekend?
Yep...we will be out there Friday - Monday. Come say hi.

River918
05-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Let me go ahead and get started on River 918's next post...
RV for sale...nearly new...can/will put in sunroof if desired....:D :D You guys out this weekend? :)
You're a funny guy...If your wife wasn't so hot, We wouldn't be friends....:D :D
We are on the shelf for a few weeks. Mrs. '918 tweaked her knee and is hobbling around right now...You know my motto: "No dance on the boat, no ride on the boat..."