PDA

View Full Version : Soo, I get pulled over by LHC popo

Throttle
05-21-2007, 07:15 AM
in my golf cart, LMAO! after leaving hot laps on my way home, LE wants to ask me if I feel its safe not to have seat belts... anyone have the real deal on the law, I thought I was fine... till he said "dont get sassy with me, I could write you a ticket and we will see how the court feels"... either write me a ticket or don't, stop wastin my time...

Havasu Luvr
05-21-2007, 07:31 AM
dont know if he was really wasting your time.......maybe more of an educational stop.................:D :D :D

havaduner
05-21-2007, 08:00 AM
Didnt you show him the bungee cord that you use to strap down your BOTTLE OF JACK??

framer1
05-21-2007, 08:01 AM
in my golf cart, LMAO! after leaving hot laps on my way home, LE wants to ask me if I feel its safe not to have seat belts... anyone have the real deal on the law, I thought I was fine... till he said "dont get sassy with me, I could write you a ticket and we will see how the court feels"... either write me a ticket or don't, stop wastin my time...
So....did he write you a ticket?

Froggystyle
You need a seatbelt if you have a windshield from what I hear. If you don't have a windshield (but have proper eye protection for the driver) than it comes under the heading of motorcycle and you don't need a seatbelt.
Pure hearsay though... I have a windshield and seatbelt in the Rhino and in the golf cart.

HM
You should have given him the union secret handshake. :D

Ziggy
05-21-2007, 08:02 AM
He must have confused your golfcart with a pimped out Rhino....:eek:
Next time smack him with your 9 iron :D:D:D:D He'll get the picture..:)

edog_103
05-21-2007, 08:12 AM
I guess the "Click it or ticket" campaign is in full effect.

Jbb
05-21-2007, 08:13 AM
Put the evidence in the car..........Junior....:D

Big Block
05-21-2007, 08:31 AM
If the cart did not come with seat belts from the factory new, then I don't believe that you are required to wear any. Now that being said, golf carts were meant for the fairway and not the roadway.? This is a grey area, and left to the LE's disgression I guess? Hope you didn;'t get a ticket.

HatenWinter
05-21-2007, 08:38 AM
You SASSY law-breaking fireman you......:D

HokeySon
05-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Got a sealt bealt ticket from LASD on Friday.
Was sitting at a stop light and see the front bumper of a cruiser off my driver's side rear passenger door. I realize I do not have my belt on.
I think -- "there is no way he can see I do not have my belt on with the tinited rear windows, but If I put it on now, he will be able to see me doing it." I think about it for a second then think "there is no way he is going to give me a ticket if I put it on now -- after all the important thing is to get it on anyway right?" So, I put it on. Light turns green, I go forward , he pulls in behind me a hits the lights. DOH!!
Now, here is the funny part. He gives me the ticket and says -- "I am really sorry -- I know you were doing the right thing -- but I am on overtime out here just looking for seat belt tickets -- And I really want them to hire me for more overtime out here so I want to do a good job. --- I am really sorry."
It was comedy. Course, I still have to deal with the ticket, but I am still chuckling.

andy01
05-21-2007, 09:04 AM
either write me a ticket or don't, stop wastin my time...
I am sure your attitude was totally different when he was standing there. You were pulling the "Im a fireman" crap and kissing his ass, then you come on hot boat as the tuff guy "your wasting my time copper, let me go or write me a ticket I don't have time for you cops" to bad he didn't get ya for DUI, no seat belt and impound your golfcart........... then you would have something to complain about.
I laugh at you guys that discount what cops do in this world. Who do you call when you need help? The drug dealer down the street, the guy that just got done beating up his girlfriend or the cops? Who do you call when your car is stolen or broken into??????? It's all the same answer the cop that was just wasting your time, and why was he wasting your time? To make sure you were safe? To make sure you were following the law that was writen to protect public safety? And now that cop that has wasted your time with your seat belt is now your best friend when you car is stolen..............
Just like when you hose draggers come into a business and cost them a bunch of time and money with your fire codes. But those fire codes are there for a reason arn't they? Is it to protect the people that use those buildings and for the fire fighters when they enter those buildings during a fire? Do business say "stop wasting my time, write me a citation for my fire codes and get out" only to change their tune when the day they have a fire they can't wait to see you guys in their store again.............
Andy

Cheap Thrills
05-21-2007, 09:13 AM
Put the evidence in the car..........Junior....:D
:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/PDVD_006.JPG
C.T. :wink:

bigq
05-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Was sitting at a stop light and see the front bumper of a cruiser off my driver's side rear passenger door. I realize I do not have my belt on.
I think -- "there is no way he can see I do not have my belt on with the tinited rear windows, but If I put it on now, he will be able to see me doing it." I think about it for a second then think "there is no way he is going to give me a ticket if I put it on now -- after all the important thing is to get it on anyway right?" So, I put it on. Light turns green, I go forward , he pulls in behind me a hits the lights. DOH!!
Now, here is the funny part. He gives me the ticket and says -- "I am really sorry -- I know you were doing the right thing -- but I am on overtime out here just looking for seat belt tickets -- And I really want them to hire me for more overtime out here so I want to do a good job. --- I am really sorry."
It was comedy. Course, I still have to deal with the ticket, but I am still chuckling.
I call BS on this story...why would he say that:rolleyes:

andy01
05-21-2007, 09:20 AM
Never heard a deputy make an exuse for doing his job yet......

WYRD
05-21-2007, 09:26 AM
Who do you call when you need help? The drug dealer down the street, the guy that just got done beating up his girlfriend or the cops? Who do you call when your car is stolen or broken into???????
Andy
I guess that all depends what kind of help I need.....
I am sure your attitude was totally different when he was standing there.
Andy
I am sure it was, most of us have a different attitude in the presence of athority its called respect....
Do business say "stop wasting my time, write me a citation for my fire codes and get out" only to change their tune when the day they have a fire they can't wait to see you guys in their store again.............
Andy
most business owners that I know have this attitude...
and why was he wasting your time? To make sure you were safe?
Andy
I doubt that his intentions were that innocent....
[B]to bad he didn't get ya for DUI, no seat belt and impound your golfcart........... then you would have something to complain about.
Andy
Who pissed in your wheaties today? Relax its just a thread about a cop that pulled over a golfcart for no seatbelt...............sounds pretty funny and made for interesting reading to me:D

HM
05-21-2007, 09:31 AM
I guess that all depends what kind of homosexual help I need.....
You are beyond anykind of help.
I am sure it was, most of us homosexuals have a different attitude in the presence of athority its called I wish he was homosexual....
Keep wishing...
most homosexual that I know have this attitude...
You are the expert.
I doubt that his homosexual intentions were that innocent....
When are they innocent?
Who pissed in your wheaties today? Relax its just a thread about a cop that pulled over a golfcart for no seatbelt and no homosexual acts...............sounds pretty funny and made for interesting reading to me:D
I thought you were trying to shake your gay reputation? :D

WYRD
05-21-2007, 09:44 AM
You are beyond anykind of help.
Keep wishing...
You are the expert.
When are they innocent?
I thought you were trying to shake your gay reputation? :D
:rolleyes: yet another feeble attempt of trying to look cool in front of your friends moly:rolleyes: :D

HokeySon
05-21-2007, 09:58 AM
and by Andy:
Yeah ... I am lying for no good reason on an internet forum ... whatever ... that's what he said .... sheepishly ... over and over again ... I thought it was funny (still do) and wanted to share ... sorry, I didn't get it on tape for you.
PS: to Andy -- MR. LEO ... you also probably think it was right for him to wirte me a ticket when all he saw was me putting it on right? Whatever.

andy01
05-21-2007, 10:05 AM
PS: to Andy -- MR. LEO ... you also probably think it was right for him to wirte me a ticket when all he saw was me putting it on right? Whatever.
Did you break the law? Yes or No?
Should you get a ticet for breaking the law? Yes or No?
Just the facts please.......... yes or no...
Im not saying you should have or shouldn't have recieved a ticket. I kind of feel the seat belt law is up there with the helmet law. That type of stuff should be decided by the person driving the car or riding the motorcycle. But none the less the law is the law. And yes maybe this deputy didn't want to write you a ticket, but you surely made it easy for him to do what he was out there to do.
Andy

PLASTIC MAN
05-21-2007, 10:10 AM
WHAT CAN YOU SAY??? THEY ARE ALL DICKS!!!

HM
05-21-2007, 10:11 AM
:rolleyes: yet another feeble attempt of trying to look cool in front of your friends moly:rolleyes: :D
Friends? :D

HokeySon
05-21-2007, 10:23 AM
Im not saying you should have or shouldn't have recieved a ticket. I kind of feel the seat belt law is up there with the helmet law. That type of stuff should be decided by the person driving the car or riding the motorcycle. But none the less the law is the law. And yes maybe this deputy didn't want to write you a ticket, but you surely made it easy for him to do what he was out there to do.
Andy
1) I dunno, lets see -- at a stop -- put on seat belt -- then move. Driving without a seat belt? But I told him, after he was apologizing, "no problem, do the crime, do the time."
2) Nope, not for chicken sh!t stuff when all he catches me doing is complying with the law
Don't tell me how heroic you all are (which I accept without question), then try to defend someone for chickensh!t just because he wears a badge. LEO's are just people, they are not angels that are always right. And, like any other profession, some are bad. My mistake, apparently, was giving the deputy credit for actually thinking about the reason for the law -- to get people to buckle up-- instead off realizing he was just supposed to be a robot parrotting "the law is the law." But, again, whatever. He was not a d!ck to me, so I wasn't a d!ck to him. I'll pay my fine and keep chuckling to myself about how people's individual motivations affect things in ways you do not expect.
Oh an by the way, the last time I called a cop, it was an imperial county sherriff dispatcher to report that my house had been ransacked and several vehicles stolen.. the deputy called back .. to ask me if he could come out the next morning because he was too busy. The next evening, I had to call him three times to come out. When he finally did, he did everything he could to avoid doing any work and never even filed a report. Instead, he told me how much he hates being stationed in Palo Verde.
Last time I needed a fireman, I didn't even know it. The volunteer firefighters fought to save my house, then got in the face of the feds and made them save it after the feds decided to just let it burn.

nodigg
05-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Since there is not a Rhino event this Tuesday at Indigo's, I'll meet you down there at 6 and we can beer over your situation.

blackcloud75
05-21-2007, 10:51 AM
what!?!?!?!? no "get out of jail-free" sticker on da' bumper???

little rowe boat
05-21-2007, 11:15 AM
What did you say that made him think you were getting Sassy???

little rowe boat
05-21-2007, 11:24 AM
I am sure your attitude was totally different when he was standing there. You were pulling the "Im a fireman" crap and kissing his ass,
This shows how little you know about firefighters. Most of the ones I know, including myself don't pull that shit.
As for kissing a cops ass, give me a fn break. I don't take their shit on scene or even when I'm off duty.

GHT
05-21-2007, 11:25 AM
You should have given him the union secret handshake. :D
He only knows the Fire Fighter's version...
Sounds like to PoPo was a little board.. I'm suprised you didn't get any pictures and post them.... :D :D

Havasu1986
05-21-2007, 11:34 AM
I installed seat belts on my golf cart. :)

Beer-30
05-21-2007, 11:34 AM
27315(d) (1) A person may not operate a motor vehicle on a highway unless that person and all passengers 16 years of age or over are properly restrained by a safety belt.
OPERATE includes driver behind the wheel, with the engine running.
HIGHWAY includes all maintained roads other than private, and includes alleys.
PROPERLY means as the seatbelt was factory installed. Meaning, if it has a shoulder harness and lap belt separate, both have to be worn. Not one or the other. Similarly, a shoulder harness is not a "pit harness" so it must be worn over the shoulder and not under the arm.

OCMerrill
05-21-2007, 11:36 AM
:D
C.T. :wink:
LMAO!
"Jr...Put the evidence in the back!"
pause....
"I've said it before and I'm going to say it again." They're aint no way, no way, you could come from my loins! The first thing I am gona do when I get home is punch your momma in the mouth!"

Havasu1986
05-21-2007, 11:42 AM
[QUOTE=Beer-30;2574192]27315(d) (1) A person may not operate a motor vehicle on a highway unless that person and all passengers 16 years of age or over are properly restrained by a safety belt.
I thought Arizona didn't have a seat belt law.:confused:

MONEYFURNOTHIN
05-21-2007, 11:44 AM
Seat belt stop in a golf cart is a joke! It was just a reason for him to have contact with you to see if you had been drinking, thats why he didnt right the ticket. Its a little strange to me that you can ride in az without a helmet, but you have to buckle up in a car? I think seat belt laws and helmet laws are a joke, to each there own

HokeySon
05-21-2007, 11:55 AM
27315(d) (1) A person may not operate a motor vehicle on a highway unless that person and all passengers 16 years of age or over are properly restrained by a safety belt.
OPERATE includes driver behind the wheel, with the engine running.
HIGHWAY includes all maintained roads other than private, and includes alleys.
PROPERLY means as the seatbelt was factory installed. Meaning, if it has a shoulder harness and lap belt separate, both have to be worn. Not one or the other. Similarly, a shoulder harness is not a "pit harness" so it must be worn over the shoulder and not under the arm.
You know, I thought this was a funny story to post. I got a ticket because by doing the right thing, I drew attention to the fact that before then I was doing the wrong thing. Even the deputy apologized for it. I thought others might get a chuckle out of it.
Instead, I get crap from one LEO and a couple of others who seem to be (I Dunno) who take a funny story as some sort of rap on their angelic profession and conclude I must be lying. "Rules is rules" after all and I am a law breaker so must be lying. You guys are too funny.
like I said before cops are just people. nothing more. I have seen more than my share of cops that lie under oath either because they are just people or because they forget they are just people and figure the ends justify the means. That doesn't make them all bad. The deputy I dealt with was cool, but embarassed because he felt he had to write me a ticket to do his job. No problem. I was cool with him. I still think it is funny.
BTW: I used the word "right;" I did not use the word "correct." Something can certainly be "correct" or "legal" and still not "right."

slovolvo
05-21-2007, 11:58 AM
[QUOTE=Beer-30;2574192]27315(d) (1) A person may not operate a motor vehicle on a highway unless that person and all passengers 16 years of age or over are properly restrained by a safety belt.
I thought Arizona didn't have a seat belt law.:confused:
AZ has a seat belt law, with the exception being back seat pasengers over the age of 18. If you really don't want to wear a seatbelt though, you can legally ride in the bed of a pickup... wtf. I am a firm beliver in the seatbelt though, I like my life =)

Hardly Satisfied
05-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Hey Cam, I guess when the signs say Click it or Ticket they mean it. :eek:

RiverDave
05-21-2007, 12:19 PM
I am sure your attitude was totally different when he was standing there. You were pulling the "Im a fireman" crap and kissing his ass, then you come on hot boat as the tuff guy "your wasting my time copper, let me go or write me a ticket I don't have time for you cops" to bad he didn't get ya for DUI, no seat belt and impound your golfcart........... then you would have something to complain about.
I laugh at you guys that discount what cops do in this world. Who do you call when you need help? The drug dealer down the street, the guy that just got done beating up his girlfriend or the cops? Who do you call when your car is stolen or broken into??????? It's all the same answer the cop that was just wasting your time, and why was he wasting your time? To make sure you were safe? To make sure you were following the law that was writen to protect public safety? And now that cop that has wasted your time with your seat belt is now your best friend when you car is stolen..............
Just like when you hose draggers come into a business and cost them a bunch of time and money with your fire codes. But those fire codes are there for a reason arn't they? Is it to protect the people that use those buildings and for the fire fighters when they enter those buildings during a fire? Do business say "stop wasting my time, write me a citation for my fire codes and get out" only to change their tune when the day they have a fire they can't wait to see you guys in their store again.............
Andy
Wake up on the wrong side of the bed today Mr. Andy?
RD

TAF
05-21-2007, 12:29 PM
thump'n the stereo to the point you couldn't hear the police siren until the cop yelled profanities at him to pull over:idea: :) :D

HM
05-21-2007, 12:40 PM
thump'n the stereo to the point you couldn't hear the police siren until the cop yelled profanities at him to pull over:idea: :) :D
LOL...that is straight up OG stirrin raight thar!

ULTRA26 # 1
05-21-2007, 12:56 PM
It was comedy. Course, I still have to deal with the ticket, but I am still
chuckling.
Had a close friend get pulled over in Irvine last week. She had just pulled out of a parking lot, putting her seat belt on as she was getting on the street. Rookie pulls her over and comes up to the window. She asks for her D/L and reg and instructs her to put out her cigarette in a cup of water in the car.
He cites her for not wearing a searbelt and for ashing a cigarette, CVC 23111. If she put her smoke out in a cup of water in the car, she could not have been in violation of CVC 23111.
What's the deal with the ashing a cigarette? It has nothing to do with CVC 23111 which is specific to a burning object.

slovolvo
05-21-2007, 01:39 PM
Had a close friend get pulled over in Irvine last week. She had just pulled out of a parking lot, putting her seat belt on as she was getting on the street. Rookie pulls her over and comes up to the window. She asks for her D/L and reg and instructs her to put out her cigarette in a cup of water in the car.
He cites her for not wearing a searbelt and for ashing a cigarette, CVC 23111. If she put her smoke out in a cup of water in the car, she could not have been in violation of CVC 23111.
What's the deal with the ashing a cigarette? It has nothing to do with CVC 23111 which is specific to a burning object.
That's a crappy ticket! Pretty big fine and 8 hrs of community service are the minimum. It's the Paul Buzzo act, if I recall correctly...
Irvine cops are the worst ever! Plus, rookies are always trying to change the world.

SurfOnH20
05-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Ashes are considered to be a burning object. Trust me on this. I was in traffic court last week in Orange County and this subject was brought up during a court hearing.."Ashing" is consitant with this section VC 23111. Is it chicken shit cite yeah, probably, but it is citeable offense. I see everyday when people throw cigarettes out the window and I must say they are the ones who should be cited for this section. On top of the 375.00 fine this person was given 8 hours of community service.
Question for you fire fighters..Why do you guys plaster your cars with those helmet stickers and license plates, etc. I have a friend who is a FF and I always tell him he is a dork for telling the world I am a FF. I am greatful for the work they do but hey its just a job...

Burn504
05-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Andy
most people call the cops when their car is stolen is because they are required to by their insurance company. Same in the event of an accident. We arent calling you because we want to talk to you about it. I mean really.. what is the percentage of cars that are stolen, that are found and returned in perfect condition?
It is my seatbelt... im the only person that will suffer because i didnt have a seatbelt on. I TRY to wear it as much as possible. And if my cars wouldnt chime at me until it drove me nuts i would probably wear it much less.
I got pulled over coming out of a drivethru and had just taken it off. I definitely would of put it on in 30more seconds. Yet it cost me hundreds of dollars.

all charged up
05-21-2007, 03:35 PM
In Arizona, the seat belt violation is a secondary offense. This means that you may not be stopped with the seatbelt violation being the only or primary reason. The stop must be based on other "probable cause", speeding or taillight out, whatever. They made a lot of traffic laws for us to choose from, it aint hard to find a violation if you want to stop someone. Kinda sounds like he just wanted to make sure you were sober and to suggest seatbelts for your safety. I don't know, I wasn't there.
You guys get so carried away sometimes. I know I know, it's the internet.
I used to be a fireman, there is nothing wrong with it. Just do your best at whatever makes you happy. I got into LE at the time because it paid better. Now I'm vested and having too much fun.
The deputy that admitted that he was doing it for the overtime was being very honest, he has just lost sight of his real purpose. OT is hard to come by sometimes and some guys get to reliant on it to meet their bills. It's like a drug.
Just my .02

Tequila-John
05-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Wife got nailed here for driving on the sidewalk and not wearing seat belts and not have a lic plate and insurance. The judge said you cant drive your car on the side walk what makes you think you can drive your cart on the side walk. He also said it was a BS ticket and to be safe.
they say a golf cart is a motorized vehicle

HatenWinter
05-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Ashes are considered to be a burning object. Trust me on this. I was in traffic court last week in Orange County and this subject was brought up during a court hearing.."Ashing" is consitant with this section VC 23111. Is it chicken shit cite yeah, probably, but it is citeable offense. I see everyday when people throw cigarettes out the window and I must say they are the ones who should be cited for this section. On top of the 375.00 fine this person was given 8 hours of community service.
Question for you fire fighters..Why do you guys plaster your cars with those helmet stickers and license plates, etc. I have a friend who is a FF and I always tell him he is a dork for telling the world I am a FF. I am greatful for the work they do but hey its just a job...
Pride. Some do get a little carried away with it though...:)

Boatcop
05-21-2007, 03:56 PM
In Arizona, the seat belt violation is a secondary offense. This means that you may not be stopped with the seatbelt violation being the only or primary reason. The stop must be based on other "probable cause", speeding or taillight out, whatever. They made a lot of traffic laws for us to choose from, it aint hard to find a violation if you want to stop someone. Kinda sounds like he just wanted to make sure you were sober and to suggest seatbelts for your safety. I don't know, I wasn't there.
True dat. It's funny how many people reach over and pull their seatbelt on when they see a marked unit drive by.
The deputy that admitted that he was doing it for the overtime was being very honest, he has just lost sight of his real purpose. OT is hard to come by sometimes and some guys get to reliant on it to meet their bills. It's like a drug.
I think the Deputy meant that he was on an OT detail, specifically looking for Seat Belt violations as part of the "Click-it or Ticket" Campaign. They have to write Seat Belt tickets, because that's what they're out there for.

HokeySon
05-21-2007, 04:19 PM
I think the Deputy meant that he was on an OT detail, specifically looking for Seat Belt violations as part of the "Click-it or Ticket" Campaign. They have to write Seat Belt tickets, because that's what they're out there for.
C'mon BoatCop, you are usually very careful not to assume things and reach conclusion without knowing everything. Yes, the guy said he was out there just to find seat belt violations. He also said, he was out there on overtime and wanted to do a good job so he would be hired for the OT again (which kinda didn't make sense to me, but I figured he was out of the area or something). That is what the guy said and he was just being honest and apolgetic (kind of hard to read anything into "I am really sorry about this, but .. ".) He was being cool, and so was I.
Doesn't matter. I just thought it was a funny instance to share. Don't like being called a liar for sharing a funny story, but whatever.

Kachina26
05-21-2007, 04:24 PM
I think seat belt laws and helmet laws are a joke, to each there own
It is my seatbelt... im the only person that will suffer because i didnt have a seatbelt on. I TRY to wear it as much as possible. And if my cars wouldnt chime at me until it drove me nuts i would probably wear it much less.
Wrong and wrong. If you have insurance, I pay the price for you not wearing a seatbelt when your ass is a vegetable, by way of increased premiums. You know the ins. companies aren't eating the cost, it's the consumers, i.e. me! Now your business just became my business.
If you don't have insurance, I pay the price for you not wearing a seatbelt when your ass is a vegetable by way of increased taxes. You know the state picks up the tab via medi-cal, and if the state don't eat it, then the hospital picks up the tab and passes the cost on to who? You got it, me and you! Once again, my business. Put the fawking thing on, you aren't gonna be "thrown clear", you are gonna get hurt when the shit hits the fan, and I'm gonna pay. Rant off. :D

zudnic
05-21-2007, 04:38 PM
FYI- At least in Washington State they cant enforce traffic laws in parking lots. The reason is simple they are private property not maintained by any branch of state government. We had a State Supreme Court case, guy ran a stop sign at the mall, arrested for DUI. Court ruled that infractions on private property are not probable cause to stop and not ticketable..... So he walked on the DUI and the failure to stop ticket. I would argue the last two if you did'nt wear the belt on the mall and put it on before you reached the street then your not guilty... I know the latter cause was ticketed for a Cali stop in our local bowling alley/casino parking lot one night!
Dont peeve off Cops in a small town is my best advice when you have cars that stand out!!!! :D
Yes its a shocker but some do F'in lie they are human and just because they serve and protect with a badge and all that good gov. BS does'nt mean I have to like them or respect them.... Two way street for the most part I'm nice, respectfull, etc. The second they pull the "dont get sassy" like a parent attitude, boom I'm an A-hole, with a capital "A".......

little rowe boat
05-21-2007, 04:54 PM
I don't have any stickers on my vehicle that would identify me as a fireman.Some do and some don't.

HokeySon
05-21-2007, 04:59 PM
I thought golf carts were designated street legal for street 25 mph or less only? Maybe it's different in AZ, but I think that's the law in CA.
It has to meet the definition of an NEV (Neighborhood Electric Vehicle) to be on the street in CA for the most part. Has to have windshield, all lights and seatbelts and cannot go more than 25 mph. You have to register it as a vehicle and have ins. Then, you can drive on any street with a speed limit of 35 or less. All motor vehicle rules apply.
You can register a golf cart as an NEV if it meets the NEV laws. Golf carts not registered as NEVs are only legal on the streets within a specified distance of a golf course (cannot remember what it is off hand).
Did a lot of checking on all this when I bought an NEV.

HavaSkank
05-21-2007, 05:56 PM
Cops vs. Firemen are the Hatfields & McCoys of the professional world.
I was married to a cop and he loved to bag on firemen. He resented that while on scene spectators applauded the arrival of the truck, while cussing the presence of the black and white. His nasty comments typically involved recliners, daytime TV and chili recipes.
Firemen love accusing cops of being the picked-on, booger-eating kid of the playground who now has a career that provides personal poetic justice. You know, the "Napoleon gets a gun" mentality.
Professionally Im surrounded by both and I admire and respect 99% of those I work with. Every group has a their bad apples. Hell, we ALL know even the Pope has a few co-workers he finds troubling.
The bottom line for me is the cop is now an EX and I find immense pleasure dating firemen just to watch him squirm. :D

Kilrtoy
05-21-2007, 05:58 PM
The bottom line for me is the cop is now an EX and I find immense pleasure dating firemen just to watch him squirm. :D
Are you my ex., sure sound like her

MONEYFURNOTHIN
05-21-2007, 06:48 PM
Wrong and wrong. If you have insurance, I pay the price for you not wearing a seatbelt when your ass is a vegetable, by way of increased premiums. You know the ins. companies aren't eating the cost, it's the consumers, i.e. me! Now your business just became my business.
If you don't have insurance, I pay the price for you not wearing a seatbelt when your ass is a vegetable by way of increased taxes. You know the state picks up the tab via medi-cal, and if the state don't eat it, then the hospital picks up the tab and passes the cost on to who? You got it, me and you! Once again, my business. Put the fawking thing on, you aren't gonna be "thrown clear", you are gonna get hurt when the shit hits the fan, and I'm gonna pay. Rant off. :D
I pay my insurance so i have the option of makeing myself a vegetable! If that is your argument then we need alot more then seatbelt laws. How about a 35 mile an hour speed limit on all waterways. Im tired of my premiums going up everytime someone stuff's or rolls there boat! Oh yeah, no more smoking! Im tired of increased tax's due to people in county being treated for lung ailments, cancer etc. Drinking should be illeagal to, im tired of paying for all the drunks who have self inflicted injuries in the system. Give me a break bro, you cant nor should we police everything. Seat belts should be a personal choice. I choose to wear mine, but i shouldnt be stoped if i choose not to.

Kachina26
05-21-2007, 07:09 PM
I pay my insurance so i have the option of makeing myself a vegetable! Yes, but my insurance goes up as a result. So don't say it doesn't affect anyone but you. Knock yourself out, literally.

Throttle
05-21-2007, 08:27 PM
there is some good shiat on here... I see we all need counciling...
I am goin out for a glass of Jack, to think about this some more... not but a glass of jack does sound good, c ya.

Throttle
05-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Andy
I do not feel the need to kiss ass to get out of a ticket... and never will... no tuff guy attitude here, I thought it was a funny story, sure I still feel like he was wastin time, but whatever, my .02. he's askin me questions and acted like he did not have the answers:idea: maybe if I had been drinkin he coulda got me for a dui, but thats not gonna happen cuz I don't drink and drive...
I do not have a problem with LE, I respect them. he was doing his job... now as for the who ya gonna call when... yep LE. This was not a LE bashin! again a funny story, you must have read to deep into it...

SHAKEN Not Stirred
05-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Sup Brotha!!!
CJG
;)

MONEYFURNOTHIN
05-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Yes, but my insurance goes up as a result. So don't say it doesn't affect anyone but you. Knock yourself out, literally.
Where did i say it doesnt affect anyone but me? My point is, were all paying for a lot of shit via tax's, insurance etc. Where do you draw the line? You pay alot more than you should for your boat insurance because of big power boats driving faster then conditions permit and wrecking then you ever will for people wrecking cars without seatbelts on. I dont here you crying about that? You guys with those cheap ass, poorly built kachina's are killing my insurance! Those things fall apart and sink when you hit a wake wrong! You dont here me crying!:eek:

Throttle
05-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Sup Brotha!!!
CJG
;)
hey stranger... howz it?

Beer-30
05-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Don't like being called a liar for sharing a funny story, but whatever.
I must have missed where you were called a liar? You keep referring to being called one.
From what I can tell, you are a violator that got caught. Been there done that. We all look to blame someone else, or call something stupid - when we get caught doing something wrong. Hey, it happens.
Most of the laws in any state are crappy and stupid. That doesn't change the fact that they exist.
If your child got caught at school ingesting drugs - but spit it out as soon as an authority figure caught them - you would still want them to do their job, right? Or, would you want your child to be let off and then not punish them when they got home - because it was a stupid law?

Throttle
05-21-2007, 11:34 PM
got em...

twowheeledfish
05-21-2007, 11:56 PM
Andy
Yes, these are the things that we all expect should be law enforcement's job. However, my experience has shown different.
-I get harassed for riding the speed limit because I'm on a motorcycle (3 occasions, no tickets).
-Last time I called the local PD because my loser methodone program 40-something year old neighbor that was living with his parents decided to target me for whatever reason... leaving needles in my pickup bed, leaving dead mice in boxes on my doorstep with threatening notes, cutting the power/cable/phone lines to my home, and pulling a switchblade on my friend; the cop said... and I quote, "I think this is rather funny. He's just trying to get your goat." Yes officer, I always find it funny when my freak neighbor pulls switchblades on my friends.
-And last weekend while at the lake, I was kept within binocular view all day long by a local sheriff... and was contacted when I jumped in the lake for literally 10 seconds (and 5 feet from the boat) to cool off because I didn't have my flag up. There were 5 boats on the lake, 3 were actually out, and one was the cop.
I have dozens of such stories from my experiences with law enforcement. I honestly can't remember one good encounter. I work, pay taxes, obey the law, have no criminal record, and I'm just a pretty average decent guy. LEO's have been worthless when I drive, worthless when I'm at home, and worthless when I'm at the lake. Worthless when my things are stolen (yes, one more story... tools ripped off from work truck... I really needed them to work.... Police recovered most of them, but wouldn't release anything because they had been entered as evidence. I still haven't seen them since Dec. The cops might have well just stolen the tools themselves.). The list goes on and on. Personally, I think we'd be better off with less cops... My apologies to the few LEO's that actually do their jobs well, but I've never met.

HokeySon
05-22-2007, 05:26 AM
[QUOTE=Beer-30;2576113]I must have missed where you were called a liar? You keep referring to being called one.
QUOTE]
See posts #15 and #16
Originally Posted by bigq
I call BS on this story...why would he say that
Originally Posted by Andy01
But I like being called a violator -- and I needed something to put under my name. Thanks.

Beer-30
05-22-2007, 08:09 AM
[QUOTE=Beer-30;2576113]I must have missed where you were called a liar? You keep referring to being called one.
QUOTE]
See posts #15 and #16
Originally Posted by bigq
I call BS on this story...why would he say that
Originally Posted by Andy01
But I like being called a violator -- and I needed something to put under my name. Thanks.
Ah. I see. Well, I wouldn't call that a "liar" reference, but I see your point. Hey, only you and the deputy know exactly what was said. Others will believe and not believe what they will.
As far as the appologizing, it has been my experience that the LE figure is just letting you know it is not personal. They are doing what they are paid (in this case time & !/2) to do, and they realize it sometimes ruins peoples days. Every LE person knows what it is like to receive a ticket. Saying sorry just means they are not doing it just to piss you off.

HokeySon
05-22-2007, 08:50 AM
[QUOTE=HokeySon;2576221]
Ah. I see. Well, I wouldn't call that a "liar" reference, but I see your point. Hey, only you and the deputy know exactly what was said. Others will believe and not believe what they will.
As far as the appologizing, it has been my experience that the LE figure is just letting you know it is not personal. They are doing what they are paid (in this case time & !/2) to do, and they realize it sometimes ruins peoples days. Every LE person knows what it is like to receive a ticket. Saying sorry just means they are not doing it just to piss you off.
Yup, like I said, I just thought it was a funny story. Everything was cool between my and the officer, it was just funny. no worries.
Plus, I got a cool caption under my name now.

zudnic
05-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Most of the laws in any state are crappy and stupid. That doesn't change the fact that they exist.
Hence why I give some Cops a hard time when stopped and even go balls out in fighting tickets that where plainly stupid for the Cop to give it. The last one that I was in court for, every person 12 in total was disputing BS tickets from the same Cop.
Think its appropriate my local county Sheriff's wear brown shirts! I'm sure those in charge of enforcing the laws of Germany, would say to them selves the law is the law......

mxbundy
05-22-2007, 09:36 AM
This chaps my hide.
Why will they pay for overtime for this BS and not to make a real difference in our day to day lives by targeting the asswipes who focking drive like maniacs every time they get behind the wheel!
Yes you know what I am talking about, the guy (usually racing someone) in the focking little rice rocket, fart can exhaust. The a-holes who refuse to accept that the flow of traffic is what is is and swerves back and forth across all lanes making unsafe lane changes and cutting people off all the way. I unfortunately have to drive the focking freeways everyday going who knows where for my job and I see shit everyday that I wish I could just follow some ass wipe to where ever he is going and beat the living shit out of them.
Nobody has any common courtesy or respect anymore!

moneypit
05-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Great Flick
" I want a Diablo sandwiche and a Dr. Pepper and make it fast Cuz I'm in a God Damn Hurry... I'm in Hot Pursuit of a Felon!"

Keith E. Sayre
05-22-2007, 09:48 AM
At risk of sounding like I'm jacking the thread, I'd like to add one comment
about this. I'm not perfect when it comes to riding in cars with the seatbelt on but for some reason I do always wear it when I drive. Strange and I don't know why. But after having seen the governor of Massachusettes
recently on TV telling about his ordeal, I wear it everywhere now. Scared the crap out of me. That guy got hurt bad.
Keith Sayre

WYRD
05-22-2007, 11:15 AM
by your logic Randy, you should want people to NOT wear their seatbelt cause it would increase their chance of death, thus lowering the hospital bill with the lack of vegetative medical care but then again who picks up the funeral bill:confused: :D
Personaly I feel that if the law doesnt directly affect any other person then it should be the opperators choice(helmet/seatbelt for those over 18) next the government is gonna tell me how many time to wipe my own ass so we dont spread infection:eek: :D

Kachina26
05-22-2007, 07:01 PM
by your logic Randy, you should want people to NOT wear their seatbelt cause it would increase their chance of death, thus lowering the hospital bill with the lack of vegetative medical care but then again who picks up the funeral bill:confused: :D
Personaly I feel that if the law doesnt directly affect any other person then it should be the opperators choice(helmet/seatbelt for those over 18) next the government is gonna tell me how many time to wipe my own ass so we dont spread infection:eek: :D
Actually with crush zones and supplemental restraints, peeps would probably survive. When they died though, someone would have to be sued over it, that's the American way! :D:D:D

Wild Horses
05-23-2007, 06:23 AM
Shane all pissed off that he had to pay that seat belt ticket!!! :( :( :D :D

lucky
05-23-2007, 06:33 AM
Andy
Dam
So if he as a firefighter comes across this cops house and its blazing like cheach and chong on a bong - I think it's only fitting he should write the guy up improper use of a smoke alarm ? geeeezzzz it a golf cart !!:D :idea: