PDA

View Full Version : Police Auction! 24' Sleekcraft

Boatcop
02-10-2006, 03:41 PM
This will probably get moved to the SPAM section, but I wanted to generate some interest, so I posted it here first.
We seized a boat last year that was transporting drugs.
1979 Sleekcraft 24' Day Cruiser, Chevy engine. Trailer with nice rims. Maybe someone can tell from the pics what size the engine is. Possibly a 350. Don't know if or how well it runs, but it's complete with Edelbrock Performer(?) manifold and Carb. Volvo Penta Duo Prop drive.
Condition is good, looks like it was in the process of being restored. New paint, decent upholstery. Needs a really good cleaning and some finish work, but could be a real bargain for someone looking for a family lake cruiser, or to finish and sell for a profit.
I'll let everyone know exactly when the auction will be, probably March or April.
http://www.boatcop.com/sleek10.jpg
More Pictures! (http://www.boatcop.com/auction.htm)

HM
02-10-2006, 03:46 PM
SPAM
Looks like a SBC. That is a big tuna boat to push with a SBC, even with the duo prop.

superdave013
02-10-2006, 03:51 PM
looks like it has AC too. lol
Please do tell:
Was it being used to transport drugs on the trailer? I mean I could not see transporting drugs by boat in Parker. Or were they out on the river transporting the drugs they were using that day?

superdave013
02-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Oh yeah, SPAM :D :D

Boatcop
02-10-2006, 03:59 PM
It was on the trailer being towed down I-10.
I didn't look to see if that IS an A/C unit in there. I had to hold the hatch open with one hand and take the picture with the other, so I wasn't paying much attention. I will check it out, though.

AZKC
02-10-2006, 04:22 PM
I've always wanted one of those. Tell ya what I'll trade ya a water truck we are auctioning here at Pima County for it :)

spectras only
02-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Boatcop , was this boat posted by a member on ***boat a while back as a project ?

Boatcop
02-10-2006, 04:59 PM
Boatcop , was this boat posted by a member on ***boat a while back as a project ?
Did a quick search of the forums and didn't see anything for the Sleek with the V/P. I don't know the boat's history, but haven't seen anything like it on here.

AZJD
02-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Do the drugs come with the boat? :crossx: