PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody driven there jet boat from Blythe to Fishers in Yuma?

edog_103
05-21-2007, 07:48 AM
I would like to do the trip. From what I can see on the map it's about 76 mi one way.

Starloans
05-21-2007, 08:27 AM
I've driven river lice from Martinez to Walters Camp. No Problems. I hear it gets a bit dicy above Walters Camp. They used to have gas at Walters. Be prepared to pay about $30.00 a gallon. :D You should be ok in a jet all the way. 76mi sounds kinda long. I thought it was about 60 mi. Take your time. Should be a good half day trip.

widowmaker
05-21-2007, 01:55 PM
I've done it with no problems, its about a 2 hour boat ride just cruisin. I had to top off in martinez to be sure to get all the way back up to blythe. It's a great run if you have the time. I think walters camp is about half way, not sure.

pw_Tony
05-21-2007, 01:58 PM
You better have a big gas tank! We tried to do that once, we got from Fishers to Walters, i think it was bout 40 miles or so. But we got to walters and wasn't sure if we could make it in gas to Blythe cause we never did it before....

Riverbass
05-21-2007, 02:08 PM
Did from blythe to Walters Camp no problem. But you will need to fill up at Walters Camp with gas to make it all the way.

Miss Perfect
05-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Did from blythe to Walters Camp no problem. But you will need to fill up at Walters Camp with gas to make it all the way.
I'm am not sure if it is still the same, but 4 years ago Walter's Camp only took cash. No credit...no debit, so make sure you bring plenty of cash with you if you plan on filling up there.

r erfert
05-22-2007, 08:50 PM
We did a run up from Fishers to Just past Light house rock (About 7 miles from Walters?) and burned 1/2 of our gas (2-15 Gal saddle tanks with a mild built 460/30 over Ford in a 21 foot jet) 2800 rpm up river.
I'd say bring cash and OR gas.

moneysucker
05-23-2007, 06:48 AM
My Environmental inspector was talking about it yesterday and he does it in a pontoon boat but has done it in a jet in a olot less time.

edog_103
05-23-2007, 07:16 AM
My Environmental inspector was talking about it yesterday and he does it in a pontoon boat but has done it in a jet in a olot less time.
What do you do for work?

hottrodder
05-23-2007, 09:02 AM
I've tried it twice and both times I couldn't get past the islands just South of Walters. So we hung @ Hippie Hole for a bit and then made our way back up. A few years ago Walter was having their tanks pulled or serviced or something. Anyway there was no gas there for awhile but I haven't been down that way for at least 2 seasons now. Unless you have big tanks or get unusually good MPG you're gonna need to fill @ Walters and again at Martinez to get back.

moneysucker
05-23-2007, 09:09 AM
What do you do for work?
I build C-stores and gas stations mostly. (Whenever I am not on hot boat)

RitcheyRch
05-23-2007, 09:34 AM
I've never done it but my buddy did it from McIntyre Park to Walters many years ago.

Boatcop
05-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Exact mileage from the I-10 Bridge in Blythe to Fisher's Landing is 68.5 miles.

Twins+one
05-23-2007, 06:27 PM
I have done it three times. Great boat ride. it does take a while about 2-2 1/2 hours. I have done it twice in the old COLE and once in the wake board boat. Make sure to take some time to explore the little byways off the river. Some of them if you go to google maps open up to your own private lake. Also depening on your boat, bring gas cans. In the COLE we brought 15 gallons just to be safe, in the wake board boat up made it Riveria no problem, filled up, got an ice cream and headed back. If it got sketchy I turned the boat off and floated for a while. There are some sand bars that can be difficult to get across, turn the boat off and walk across them.

SK48
05-23-2007, 07:05 PM
I used to do it every year. The Blythe Chamber of Commerce had the River cruise in April. They limited it to 250 boats, and you went in groups of about 20. It was a great event and was in most of the boating magazines. They stopped doing it in the mid 90's. Never did it in a jet boat, but took lots of outboards, and v-drives. We used to take our speed ski's and made it home from Fishers one Sunday morning in an hour and a half behind an old Hallett flatbottom with an FE ford. Fuel was never a big issue, would usually leave from 6th ave. and run to Walters and top off. I can run my pontoon boat with a 200 merc from Blythe to Fishers on about thirty gallons. It was a huge party, and the VFW put on a BBQ at Fishers Sat. night, and the Lions Club did a pancake breakfast Sunday morning.

edog_103
05-24-2007, 07:18 AM
Thanks for all the info. This will help out. I'm ready to make the trip, but the woman is scared for some reason. I will be doing it in the next couple weeks, in a 16' jet with a SBC. I will take some gas cans.

djdtpr
05-24-2007, 07:30 AM
Thanks for all the info. This will help out. I'm ready to make the trip, but the woman is scared for some reason. I will be doing it in the next couple weeks, in a 16' jet with a SBC. I will take some gas cans.
Hmmm if you need company let me know cause we were planning on doing this sometime this summer but now would be good before they start shutting the water down. We better take more beer than we did for the last adventure though!

edog_103
05-24-2007, 07:38 AM
Hmmm if you need company let me know cause we were planning on doing this sometime this summer but now would be good before they start shutting the water down. We better take more beer than we did for the last adventure though!
Absofukenlutley more beer! Todd mentioned you guys were heading out to Blythe this evening. I will be leaving Sat. morning at the ass crack of dawn. Are you bringing the Bendejo or the wacker? See ya there.

djdtpr
05-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Absofukenlutley more beer! Todd mentioned you guys were heading out to Blythe this evening. I will be leaving Sat. morning at the ass crack of dawn. Are you bringing the Bendejo or the wacker? See ya there.
Wacker for this weekend its all about the float. OH and the beer!