PDA

View Full Version : Funny ramp stories<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>

Not So Fast
05-21-2007, 09:02 AM
Yesterday morning at Windsor as we were pulling out for a nice Sunday on the lake and I looked back just in time to catch this. A guy (or gal) with an older F150 was trying to pull the trailer out of the water (with no boat mind you) and the truck tires were in so far you could barely see them, there was a Nordic next to them and the sad part was there was a little kid in the Nordic, anyway this person had the peddle to the metal and the rooster tail was very large and all of it was going INTO the Nordic, plus the person just kept the peddle down and was going nowhere. I felt sorry for the poor family in the Nordic because it was really being douched BIG TIME. I believe it was the Mom who frantically was yelling to stop the water fall and eventually the person did stop but not until the other boat had to have 3 inches of water in it, no kidding it was a good minute or so. then some do-gooders hopped on the truck for weight and tires a spinning off they went. Ahh, Windsor never fails to amuse, hope the little kid was OK!!!! NSF PS anybody else see this??

Mandelon
05-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Last time I launched I had a mystery issue.... pulled the straps, turned on the blower, backed it in, fired it up and it won't move.....
Yeah, OK, mental check...in reverse gear, yes. Drive down.. yes....straps off...yes..
WTF???
Turns out one of the bunks had the bolt that holds it break on the way down the ramp last time. So the bunk floated up as the boat slid back. The bunk actually wedged itself against the next step in the hull.
So its basically got a bump stop holding it on the trailer. Aaargh. Other folks in line and I'm there like a dork....blocking the ramp. :mad:
I had my buddy back it up more and I powered forward and pushed the boat a bit sideways by hand, enough so that I could float around the damn bunk.
As he pulled it up I could see the bunk all cockeyed on the trailer...
Temp fix with some drywall screws held it till I got some galvy bolts and reattached it..

BigDoug
05-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Sorry Bobby, doesn't compare to site 6...............................not even close !! :D

dumbandyoung
05-21-2007, 09:21 AM
I saw some poor bastard's Ford Ranger break down on the ramp at Elsinore this weekend. If I wasn't so short on time; I would've offered to pull him out.

Kim Hanson
05-21-2007, 09:22 AM
The best one to date that I seen was this guy with a Glastron, he launched it and had this kid hold it while he parked the truck.....He came back to see his boat sinking, he did his best Ben Johnson back to get his truck and trailer back in the water before his boat sank right at the launch...okay, it's back on and draining...20 minutes have passed away now...she's empty, so the put in the plug and take it for a spin, comes back and lets the kid take it out while he parks the rescue truck.......
He comes back to the launch waving at this 20 year old kid to come back to the dock, he wants to drive this blue metal flaked thing.........You can see the kid doesn't have a clue what he is doing and comes into the dock at around 20 mph :D hits the dock just about sending the Ben Johnson wannabe over the far side and taking the nose right off the boat....I was sitting back 30 feet from this laughing my ass off taking pictures..........( . )( . )...........:D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31361&stc=1&d=1179768100

TahitiTiger
05-21-2007, 10:11 AM
At lake San Antonio we can normally fit 3 wide at the ramp. So I am backed in on the left side there is another in the middle, anr the guy on the right is almost done. I see the boat come in for the guy in middle, and he is coming in way to hot. And my buddy is holding my boat at the end of the dock. This guy realizes he is coming in to fast throws in in reverse. Well he ends up creating a ton of wake, his boat goes side ways tags the guys boat on the right, and shores it self ontop of his own trailer. It took 4 of us to push the boat off the bunks. So after a heated argument with the guy on the right he gets his boat tied up. :D
There is always fun at the ramp

riverratrob
05-21-2007, 10:46 AM
some time ago I was lake castiac waitng to bring my boat in along with 7 other boats and along comes this gut in a elimanator, he drop his buddy off cuts infront of everyone and crank his boat tunes way loud ,then his buddy cuts in the trailer line in front of us all to bring his boat in.Now he guides the boat up and proceed's to start wiping it down rite there People are screaming at him so he tuns his truck radio real loud to fade us all out ,when he finishes wiping ,they both get in the truck and give us the bird and to really show us that they are the shit burn rubber up the ramp ,they were cool until the boat came off thew trailer and slid 80 ft on it's side .Those guy's were ****in torched by everbody on the ramp and get this started to ask me for help so I gave them the bird and LMAO.

AirtimeLavey
05-21-2007, 10:48 AM
Katerine's Landing on a windy day is always entertaining, that is once you've dodged it all and gotten on safely.
I saw these women (butch types), launch a high profile Bayliner cabin cruiser. As they pull away from the dock, she tries to turn around. Not enough room, you could hear the prop grind on the ramp. Now she's heading for the dock across the little channel, and hits the two boats over there. People were in the boats, and tried desperately to bounce her off. They get her bounced off, and I'm thinkin it's all over, when I look back, she's now headed down one of the rows, and trying to turn around! Hits a couple more before she gets the boat out of the row and going towards the lake. Makes you ready to sign up for mandatory licensing. :D
When the winds blowing there, I've even had to try more than once to get on. Also, they really need the traffic coordinators there full time. You get people sideways, taking up two+ lanes, waiting for the whole ramp to clear before they back down (holding up the line), etc. It can be a real cluster-f. I'm sure it will be this w/e. :jawdrop:
Telephone cove can get interesting, too. Gotta watch for the holes. I've dropped the back end of my truck in, and had to get towed out, by finding a hole that somehow the boat trailer missed. Dohh. :mad:

YODA
05-21-2007, 11:56 AM
A few years back, I took the family to Lake San Antonio. I had my boat less than a year. My son says he'll bring it to the ramp for me while I drive the rv. First mistake-he goes to the wrong ramp. While he's waiting he sees a jet make a u-turn at the ramp and leave. He realizes hes at the wrong ramp and .... 2nd mistake-does a u-turn and punches it (doesnt notice the sound of the prop on the cement). Finally gets it on the trailer and I pull it up ...3rd mistake....forgot the raise the drive. When we get to the wipe down area I have about a third of a prop left and the fin is ground down some!!!! DOH!!!

SB
05-21-2007, 12:13 PM
1. I have boat tied to dock for a moment after launch, next guy lets his boat float off the trailer right back into mine.
2. Guy has his 9 old son hold the boat at the dock while he goes for the trailer, wind catches the bimini top, blows the boat all over the place.
3. Guy launches boat, battery dead. We give him a jump, still won't start, he takes the engine cover off and starts tinkerin with it right there at the ramp. We leave. Next day, same spot, same guy, boat won't start. We leave with out offering to help.
4. Guy backs down ramp, boat rolls off trailer onto cement, outdrive trashed.
5. Two 99 year old guys, one with walker, try to retrieve pontoon boat, I wade into water, put boat on trailer straight and winch it up. I try to ask politely if they need help, before just rudely taking over, they can't hear me anyway.

HM
05-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Nothing was quite as funny (or humiliating) as me slipping on the green shit at lake elsinore, slamming my head on the concrete ramp and emerging from the water like the lock ness monster with algea all in my hair and all over my clothes....in front of the ***boat Bikini Models. True Story....ask Brett. :D

Hopdaddie
05-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Brand new Quad Cab Ford putting in a Jet Ski. Guy thought he needed to have all four wheels of the truck in the water to launch the ski and to force it off the trailer... He came in to the water pretty fast. Needless to say when they finally got it back out of the water he opened all 4 doors and water was pouring out. His wife bitchi'n all the way up the ramp. Good times watching the idiots trying to put their toys in the water

Debbolas
05-21-2007, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE=SB;2574294]
4. Guy backs down ramp, boat rolls off trailer onto cement, outdrive trashed.
[QUOTE]
my biggest nightmare:jawdrop:
Or how about the chicks driving their boats across traffic right in front of the ramp waiting for their husbands to get the trailer. Back and forth, back and forth.:rolleyes:

RiverDave
05-21-2007, 01:13 PM
Not a real funny Story, but I was bullshittin with one of my neighbors and we decided to take Danny's Rhino over to one of the launch ramps in the keys and check out the boat traffic heading out to the bars (about 11:00 at night). I pulled the rhino down the launch ramp, and go to walk down to the water.. I got about 4' from the water (figuring I'm safe) and next thing I know I'm in the air and landed straight on my head, then my tail bone.. The water had gone down a bit, and it was ridiculously slippery. So I land on my head, and I knocked myself stupid for a second.. I went sliding down into the water on my back and I swear to god if my neighbor wasn't there it was 50/50 on whether or not I would've drown on the spot. He ran down and kinda slipped and slided his way down into the water and grabbed me and started pulling me back up. We got on the launch ramp and I was sitting there with that nauxiuos feeling (pretty sure I knocked myself out for a second) wondering WTF just happened to me. I'm soaked from head to toe, my ass hurts like someone literally just took a hammer to it, and my head is bleeding.
My neighbor said he should drive the rhino back becuase I was looking a little green around the gills. LOL.. I drove the rhino home at a wopping 4 1/2 mph the whole way, and felt like I was the drunkest I've ever been in my life. About the time I pulled into the driveway is about the time that feeling finally wore off.
I was wearing a Wired For Sound T-Shirt at the time, and if you look at it now (still have the shirt) it looks like Tire Tracks across my back.. LOL The little ripples in the asphault made a tread pattern and the moss stained the shirt. :D So when people ask, I tell them I got run over by some pissed off guy in a truck, and I keep the shirt as a reminder. ;)

JB in so cal
05-21-2007, 01:35 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2371underwater_truck.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2371underwater_truck_2.JPG

VEGASBABY
05-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Sorry Bobby, doesn't compare to site 6...............................not even close !! :DLmao:D

HALLETT BOY
05-21-2007, 02:04 PM
I was at Channel Islands harbor one day, about 6 coast guard guys were
launching a small patrol boat, one in the truck backing it down, one directing him, and the other 4 all had ropes in their hands, one at each corner. I noticed
the drain plug was missing, but kept quiet, I wanted to see how long before they would catch it....the boat made it into the water a few feet and the four guys were getting ready to tend to the ropes when I said " hey ! you forgot the drain plug ! " they all stopped right away, looked at themselves and said " we know that " and then pulled the boat back out and put the plug in. Yea, they knew it, they were just testing me !

91nordic29
05-21-2007, 02:26 PM
we were at cattail cove and i was in the boat waiting for the trailer. there was another woman in a jet boat trying to get hers on the trailer as her jerky husband cussed and belittled her in from of eveyrone. finally the lady jumped out of the boat and into the water and told the jerk to do it his own damn self as she swam to shore and walked back to thier camp. he was an idiot:devil:

desertbird
05-21-2007, 02:46 PM
:D Same type thread, sometime last year.
8 yrs ago, my favorite boat. 18ft Cheetah with a Merc 150 o/b. I had replaced the steering cable over the week, hooked it all up and checked it out. (Turn the wheel, motor moves. Perfect!)
Get to Laughlin, Saturday morning and I launch my buddy right there at the ramp next to the Riverside. If you've ever launched there, it's right into the current, and takes a little getting used to, but in a small boat, usually not a prob......
.....until we found out the hard way that I put the steering cable on the wrong side of the steering box!!!! He manages to get to the dock, and explains that when he turns the wheel right, the boat goes left, and vice versa!
All that and he was fighting the current, ramp traffic and a mean hangover from all nighter at loser's lounge. I don't know how he did it, but he got it back on the trailer, and I was able to flip the cable in about 1/2 hour in the parking lot. :D

Old school Ultra
05-21-2007, 03:04 PM
One night in August we were staying at the Nautical for a boys weekend, We were about to leave for dinner when the hotel announces that a huge storm is headed our way and if your boat is on the beach you should get it on your trailer...
A few of my buds get in the truck ad head for the ramp, I get the boat and head over to the ramp, The lines are moving great until........
Some dude in a 1971 Dodge pickup with a 1960 ish bayliner looking thing makes the loop on the ramp and runs out of gas.... So now all the lanes are blocked with truck and trailer, People are honking he has his hood up he and 12 cousins and 6 dogs are looking under the hood, it raining hard and wind is blowing, they try to pull him up the ramp with another pickup but it's too wet!
finally about 30 minutes later a 20 or so guys push these Fockin Idiots out of the way......
and then the rain stopped

konajet
05-21-2007, 03:16 PM
I was at a lake around here in central tx and was putting the boat in the water, they have local police that patrol on lake lice at the lake and one of them was putting their little seadoo back on the trailer, but he was nice enough to stop and give another guy on the ramp a ticket for expired registration, then he started up the ramp got about 3/4 of the way up and seadoo came off the trailer because he didn't have the pin in LOL!, I have never seen somthing like that it rolled the whole way back down and almost hit the guy he just ticket and sunk at the bottom. I pretty sure he was about to cry :-) we just got in the boat and drove off. how would you like to explain that to the cheif??

rocket98
05-21-2007, 03:47 PM
FF
This one happened at Apache Lake acouple days before the 4th of July. We were just south of goucehy gosh (sp). We had the perfect spot on the point. We are here on Thursday. Later that afternoon these people come up and say that were in their spot. Yea right. So they go across the cove which has a big knoll on it. Their is no accessible way to the water. This bonehead puts his truck in 4wd and makes his way to the water. His wife is yelling at him the hole time. He's all pissed off. Get's in the squirter and blasts out of the cove. He comes back about an hour later. Must have gone to the bar. He comes in on plane to put the boat on the trailer. What he does'nt know is the water level has risen about 2'. He nails it, goes right over the trailer and just creams the bed of his truck. I mean a major damage. His wife continues to yell and scream. Well we are LMAF. Now he is really pissed. They pack up and leave. For the next two days we get to tell all his buddy's that they have no camp or boat.

RitcheyRch
05-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Saw a few girls trying to load a jet ski into the back of their truck. My buddy offered to help them and they refused saying they could do since they do it all the time. So my buddy and I sat back and watched when one of the ladies squatted down to lift the jet ski her tampon string came falling out. We couldnt help but laugh.

Kim Hanson
05-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Nothing was quite as funny (or humiliating) as me slipping on the green shit at lake elsinore, slamming my head on the concrete ramp and emerging from the water like the lock ness monster with algea all in my hair and all over my clothes....in front of the ***boat Bikini Models. True Story....ask Brett. :D
Where they yelling shoot it, troll on the ramp :D :D .............( . )( . )..........

Kim Hanson
05-21-2007, 04:10 PM
we were at cattail cove and i was in the boat waiting for the trailer. there was another woman in a jet boat trying to get hers on the trailer as her jerky husband cussed and belittled her in from of eveyrone. finally the lady jumped out of the boat and into the water and told the jerk to do it his own damn self as she swam to shore and walked back to thier camp. he was an idiot:devil:
Smart girl............( . )( . )...............;) :D

Music to my Ears
05-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Yesterday morning at Windsor as we were pulling out for a nice Sunday on the lake and I looked back just in time to catch this. A guy (or gal) with an older F150 was trying to pull the trailer out of the water (with no boat mind you) and the truck tires were in so far you could barely see them, there was a Nordic next to them and the sad part was there was a little kid in the Nordic, anyway this person had the peddle to the metal and the rooster tail was very large and all of it was going INTO the Nordic, plus the person just kept the peddle down and was going nowhere. I felt sorry for the poor family in the Nordic because it was really being douched BIG TIME. I believe it was the Mom who frantically was yelling to stop the water fall and eventually the person did stop but not until the other boat had to have 3 inches of water in it, no kidding it was a good minute or so. then some do-gooders hopped on the truck for weight and tires a spinning off they went. Ahh, Windsor never fails to amuse, hope the little kid was OK!!!! NSF PS anybody else see this??
NSF,
I saw it cause that was me.:) When he started up and his tires were spinning, I thought he'd back off and start again. But no, he kept on going. I couldn't believe that he didn't stop and then completely drenched my boat, inside and out. I was cool until he started spraying my kids and then a few choice words may have come out of my mouth. You saw my wife by the truck but I was below the bow, disconnecting the boat. There were 3 kids on board, two of which ran into the cabin as the wave of water filled my boat. Unbelievable.:eek:
Glad somebody saw it and could have a laugh. At least he came by and apologized. As you said earlier, never a dull moment at Windsor.:D

kevnmcd
05-22-2007, 07:31 AM
NSF - Didn't realize that was you right next to me when this was going on. I was with M2ME and waiting for him to launch. Couldn't believe it when I saw it happening. Next time I will have to introduce myself. You boat looks great on the water!