PDA

View Full Version : Stereo install questions

NeverEnough
05-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Just wondering how or if anyone has put any subs in the cabin of a 28stealth. I took my boat over to the stereo guy around here and he said there really isnt a great space for them. I was wanting to put them under the seats in the cuddy and have them ported out and hidden so you couldnt see them. But he said that aint happining!:rolleyes:

shippingguy
05-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Just wondering how or if anyone has put any subs in the cabin of a 28stealth. I took my boat over to the stereo guy around here and he said there really isnt a great space for them. I was wanting to put them under the seats in the cuddy and have them ported out and hidden so you couldnt see them. But he said that aint happining!:rolleyes:
I replied to your last post. I have had mine under the cuddy seats on both my 27 Shadow. In the Shadow there is not nearly as much room as in the 28 and mine fit perfect. I do not know why he says it is not possible. I have them underneath and they sound AWESOME! I have 2 W6 JL 12's. If you need answers on how it can be done call Martin at Advanced Audio in El Cajon or have your stereo guy call him. Martin does all the stereos for Ultra. 619-590-9123

NeverEnough
05-21-2007, 12:17 PM
yeah thats what i thought. I had my stereo guy call martin and what i got out of the phone call from my guy was my boat is diff and couldnt be done. Were yours under the 2 side seats or up in the bed part?

shippingguy
05-21-2007, 12:22 PM
yeah thats what i thought. I had my stereo guy call martin and what i got out of the phone call from my guy was my boat is diff and couldnt be done. Were yours under the 2 side seats or up in the bed part?
Under the two side seats. The only thing that I think may be holding this back is that the 27 is a cat so it is not as deep so the box can be built with support all the way around. The sides on the Stealth due to it being a V bottom are maybe too deep:confused:
Mike

Cole Trickle
05-21-2007, 12:33 PM
Post some pictures of the area and we can offer suggestions.:)
There are lots of different options but we need to know what we are looking at.

shippingguy
05-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Post some pictures of the area and we can offer suggestions.:)
There are lots of different options but we need to know what we are looking at.
This section is for Ultra owners. Please purchase a new 26 before entering:D :D :D

NeverEnough
05-21-2007, 12:43 PM
I will get some pics tonight when i get home. also does anyone know the color of yellow that he uses? I was thinking of painting my trailer yellow and putn some new wheels on it. Thanks:idea:

shippingguy
05-21-2007, 12:46 PM
I will get some pics tonight when i get home. also does anyone know the color of yellow that he uses? I was thinking of painting my trailer yellow and putn some new wheels on it. Thanks:idea:
Call down to the shop. They can tell you what code it is. I would leave it white. Just my .02

NeverEnough
05-21-2007, 12:50 PM
The trailer needs painted anyway it is in need of some work. It really detracts the look of the boat sittin on that frumpy old lookin trailer.!!

Cole Trickle
05-21-2007, 12:59 PM
This section is for Ultra owners. Please purchase a new 26 before entering:D :D :D
LOL....
It's not password protected and I will have you know I wore my black ultra Shirt to a BBQ yesterday and told all the jetboat owners I already had a 26 Deck!!;):D
<---- was the cool guy for an afternoon:devil: :sqeyes:

shippingguy
05-21-2007, 01:15 PM
LOL....
It's not password protected and I will have you know I wore my black ultra Shirt to a BBQ yesterday and told all the jetboat owners I already had a 26 Deck!!;):D
<---- was the cool guy for an afternoon:devil: :sqeyes:
LOL. Did you wear black socks also? See you this weekend???

Cole Trickle
05-21-2007, 01:25 PM
LOL. Did you wear black socks also? See you this weekend???
The socks would have looked funny with my Reef Flippers so I passed;)
I did tellthem I knew Shippingguy from HB so I could score double cheese on my burger:D
We will be out thursday evening through Monday.(Probably launch into Havi Friday and then stay on Parker the rest of the weekend)
What day are you headed out?

NeverEnough
05-21-2007, 01:34 PM
Anyone know how many 28ft stealths have been built? After the last thread i noticed that my boat is actully on the ultra website under the 28ft section but for some reason they make my boat look orange instead of yellow! I never noticed that till today!:D

shippingguy
05-21-2007, 01:47 PM
The socks would have looked funny with my Reef Flippers so I passed;)
I did tellthem I knew Shippingguy from HB so I could score double cheese on my burger:D
We will be out thursday evening through Monday.(Probably launch into Havi Friday and then stay on Parker the rest of the weekend)
What day are you headed out?
Leaving late Friday afternoon. Be on the water Sat. and Sunday. We will get out there one of these days at the same time. Season is just beginning.:)
Sorry for the thread jack.

Cole Trickle
05-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Leaving late Friday afternoon. Be on the water Sat. and Sunday. We will get out there one of these days at the same time. Season is just beginning.:)
Sorry for the thread jack.
Missed you again...
We figure Friday will be somewhat mellow on Havi but we would rather stay close to home when the weekend crazyness begins.
You guys be safe and have a great trip:)

dumbandyoung
05-21-2007, 02:37 PM
I would suggest leaving the trailer white. New wheels is always cool though..... Just my opinion.
I think that your stereo guy just doesn't wanna do the work. Find a shop that is less busy and have them do the work.
Hey ShippingGuy.. I'll be up Thurs- Mon. Ill keep an eye out for ya.

voodoomedman
05-21-2007, 03:32 PM
I think that your stereo guy just doesn't wanna do the work. Find a shop that is less busy and have them do the work.
Seriously. Or maybe he's real good with your cars because he knows wiring and the hardware part is simply remove stock part and insert new part. The 28 Stealth is huge and I would think there is room under there. I have seen tight places where Martin has put subs and they sound good. Not trying to knock your stereo guy but it might have a lot to do with that. Also he may not want to start screwing around taking apart an expensive custom boat if he's never done so before. I would think that big rockin' stereos in custom boats is more of a West Coast thing than an Iowa thing. Just food for thought.

shippingguy
05-21-2007, 03:41 PM
I would suggest leaving the trailer white. New wheels is always cool though..... Just my opinion.
Hey ShippingGuy.. I'll be up Thurs- Mon. Ill keep an eye out for ya.
Sounds good. Same here.

DEMOMAN
05-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Sorry that we are going to miss everyone this weekend:( Have a great time out there.

Mr Nice Guy
05-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Maybe you should call the Sound Guys from Rock the Boat. :eek:
Come on now Grads this is the Ultra section not the delaminator section. Go back to pastie cove with AS IS JOHN and all those pastie chicks that hang out in that hole.