PDA

View Full Version : Gauges ?

riverdog
05-07-2002, 07:31 AM
Next question. My flat project is a budget project, as I am going to sell it when it is done. With that in mind I am looking at Hardin Marine and Faria gauges. Both are about 150 bucks a set. Any preference? Thanks for any help.

spectras only
05-07-2002, 09:48 AM
If you going to sell later ,stay with the cheaper Faria sets.Most cookie cutter manufacturers use them.They make superior ones for the military only.Medallion is next,then Teleflex.VDO would be my next pick and Gaffrig tops.

riverdog
05-07-2002, 10:00 AM
spectras only thanks for the impute.

riverdog
05-07-2002, 10:01 AM
dang icons

old rigger
05-07-2002, 10:12 AM
I love VDO gauges, mainly because the black face, chrome bezel ones remind me of the old S W gauges. Never had any problems with them and always tried to steer what ever shop I was working at to use them when (or if) I had any input.
Spectras Only, your right about Gaffrig, very nice quality, we used them exclusively at Warlock when I was there.

spectras only
05-07-2002, 10:30 AM
OR, read my post on the woodgrain topic.Some of the Catalina boats Dave [californiamarine]and his father built in the seventies had them ,and it was fibreglass cloth laid up in the mould with resin.Looked the same as my spectra woodgrain ,but I'm not sure if it's resin finished or epoxy .

Thunderbutt
05-08-2002, 01:44 PM
Give the other guy a break and use mechanical gauges were you can. Electronic gagues suck. Originally posted by riverdog:
Next question. My flat project is a budget project, as I am going to sell it when it is done. With that in mind I am looking at Hardin Marine and Faria gauges. Both are about 150 bucks a set. Any preference? Thanks for any help.