PDA

View Full Version : 247XS stereo questions

beever_retreever
05-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Any 247 mid cuddy owners out there with good sound? Care to share your setup and location of your hardware? Looking to place 2 10"s or 12"s, 1 sub amp, 1 multi channel amp, and 4-6 multi/components throughout. New single din HU as well with all the fixins...Sirius, Ipod, usb, etc...

shippingguy
05-21-2007, 12:38 PM
Any 247 mid cuddy owners out there with good sound? Care to share your setup and location of your hardware? Looking to place 2 10"s or 12"s, 1 sub amp, 1 multi channel amp, and 4-6 multi/components throughout. New single din HU as well with all the fixins...Sirius, Ipod, usb, etc...
If you want the way it is done from Ultra. Contact Martin @ Advanced Audio in El Cajon. He does all the stereo for Ultra and know the layout of the boats and what works best in them. 619-590-9123.

voodoomedman
05-21-2007, 03:33 PM
If you want the way it is done from Ultra. Contact Martin @ Advanced Audio in El Cajon. He does all the stereo for Ultra and know the layout of the boats and what works best in them. 619-590-9123.I'm sure Martin's loving all the phone calls. :D

DEMOMAN
05-21-2007, 06:38 PM
I would definately let Martin take care of your stereo work. Considering he has taken apart and put back together hundreds of Ultra interiors, I would not let anyone else touch my boat. He installed the systems in both of my Ultras and I have never had any problems.

shippingguy
05-21-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm sure Martin's loving all the phone calls. :D
I get royalties for every job I refer to him:D

jbtrailerjim
05-22-2007, 02:49 PM
I got a pretty kickin system in my 247XS. I'm running all Arc Audio gear. I have 2 - 12" subs in sealed enclosures built into the bulk head in the mid cabin. I have 8 - 6 1/2" mid/highs. 4 mounted in the gunnel panels & 2 mounted in the cup holder area in the open bow. I have 2 pods built and mounted on the underside of the engine hatch with the other two 6 1/2" mounted in them. The 2 amps are mounted in the mid cabin area on a panel behind my ice chest (mid cabin seating only on one side)with 2 fans to keep them cool. The head unit is mounted inside of the glove box. I have 2 seperate wired remotes. 1 mounted on the dash and 1 mounted on the transom.
Sorry, I don't have any pictures handy. If I get a chance, I'll take some for you and post them.

beever_retreever
05-22-2007, 04:22 PM
I got a pretty kickin system in my 247XS. I'm running all Arc Audio gear. I have 2 - 12" subs in sealed enclosures built into the bulk head in the mid cabin. I have 8 - 6 1/2" mid/highs. 4 mounted in the gunnel panels & 2 mounted in the cup holder area in the open bow. I have 2 pods built and mounted on the underside of the engine hatch with the other two 6 1/2" mounted in them. The 2 amps are mounted in the mid cabin area on a panel behind my ice chest (mid cabin seating only on one side)with 2 fans to keep them cool. The head unit is mounted inside of the glove box. I have 2 seperate wired remotes. 1 mounted on the dash and 1 mounted on the transom.
Sorry, I don't have any pictures handy. If I get a chance, I'll take some for you and post them.
That's an ideal setup JB. Did Martin do your system as well? We've got mid cabin seating on both sides so I'm not sure what can be done. Been taking a look at the wired remotes as well. Do you find them worth the $? The HU now is located in the midcabin which just doesn't work. If you get the chance to post some pics that would be great. I'm trying to get and idea of what the hardware looks like when it's installed.
Thanks everyone for the heads up on Martin. The boat was purchased used, private party so we've never had the please to meet JW or his other biz partners in person. Over the phone, his staff is cool and helpful. We recently purchased a new prop and replacement boat cover and the folks we dealt with were great.

THOR
05-22-2007, 07:11 PM
I have a similar set up with JL audio stuff. Feel free to stop me if you are out the weekend of June 1.
Are you buying a 247?

socalmofo
05-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Please post some pics. I have a 24xs and would like some ideas.

jbtrailerjim
05-23-2007, 11:37 AM
That's an ideal setup JB. Did Martin do your system as well? We've got mid cabin seating on both sides so I'm not sure what can be done. Been taking a look at the wired remotes as well. Do you find them worth the $? The HU now is located in the midcabin which just doesn't work. If you get the chance to post some pics that would be great. I'm trying to get and idea of what the hardware looks like when it's installed.
Thanks everyone for the heads up on Martin. The boat was purchased used, private party so we've never had the please to meet JW or his other biz partners in person. Over the phone, his staff is cool and helpful. We recently purchased a new prop and replacement boat cover and the folks we dealt with were great.
No, Martin didn't do my system. My brother in-law is in the biz and has his own shop. He owns the Audio Shoppe in Riverside.
I like the wired remotes. The transom remote comes in handy when you're in the water or sitting on the swim step. The other remote is right on the dash in front of me. That way I can control it while I'm driving. I still need to get my I-Pod hooked up to the head unit. Going to do that soon.
I'll get some pictures of my set up this weekend and post them.

beever_retreever
05-24-2007, 12:53 PM
I have a similar set up with JL audio stuff. Feel free to stop me if you are out the weekend of June 1.
Are you buying a 247?
Brother purchased last year from couple in Anaheim. 02 magho under 40hrs.
http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/43ebcc86m26995759/bc/public/Yellow+Fever.jpg?BCt5fVGBQL7xh1F9

beever_retreever
05-24-2007, 01:06 PM
No, Martin didn't do my system. My brother in-law is in the biz and has his own shop. He owns the Audio Shoppe in Riverside.
I like the wired remotes. The transom remote comes in handy when you're in the water or sitting on the swim step. The other remote is right on the dash in front of me. That way I can control it while I'm driving. I still need to get my I-Pod hooked up to the head unit. Going to do that soon.
I'll get some pictures of my set up this weekend and post them.
Thanks JB. We're at Mojave for Memorial Day but have the timeshare in Havasu scheduled the week before Labor Day. I'll make sure to look out for you and save you a beer.

beever_retreever
05-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the offer Thor. He was talking about going JL W6, MB component, and Fosgate for power. Not sure about the HU. I know he'd appreciate a quick tour of your setup as well as JBtrailerjim's.

THOR
05-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the offer Thor. He was talking about going JL W6, MB component, and Fosgate for power. Not sure about the HU. I know he'd appreciate a quick tour of your setup as well as JBtrailerjim's.
No worries.
this is me
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6705DSC01090-med.JPG