PDA

View Full Version : water cooled turbo housings

78hallett-ss
05-21-2007, 03:20 PM
I need to find a set??? any help... have just the stainless "covers" and they are going to be under my hatch...
im sure someone has a set in the garage!?!?!?
thanks!

05schiada
05-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Good Luck! Those things are like gold to the people that have them. I tried for two years to find a matching set and struck out everytime I tried. I have an extra set now and won't let them go. Carson Brummet has new ones for sale, or you are gonna have to buy a complete set up to get them like I did.

78hallett-ss
05-22-2007, 08:13 AM
do you know how to get ahold of them? or just 411? in pasadena.... i will keep looking but i have a feeling i will have to bite the bullett if i wanna have my turbos on any time soon...

MKEELINE
05-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Carson Brummetts number is 626-792-6410.

78hallett-ss
05-22-2007, 09:59 AM
thanks mk! i still wanna see some pics of your hallett!

MKEELINE
05-22-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm an absolute retard when it comes to putting pictures up. When I go to upload the picture it says its an invalid file.

LandSpeedRacer
05-22-2007, 01:58 PM
I know this might sound a bit hoakie, but if you are having cooling problems it might get you by until you can find the housings. I have done this before and it worked great. If you tee into your lake water inlet line just after the pump and before the engine and run a copper tube coiled around your exhaust turbine housing and back out the lake out line, the water cooled copper tube would act as a heat exchanger. You could pack some foil or high heat insulation around the outside of the tubing and install a stainless steel or aluminum sheet metal cover and who would know, if done right.
I was going to make some covers for my T-4's mainly so no one gets burned, when one day I discovered they were already made . . . . don't laugh . . . . . I was in the cookware section of a local department store and found some stainless steel and aluminum spun bowls that were the perfect shape. I just needed to measure to confirm . . . but have not got that far. I really don't need them as my turbos are out in the wind anyway, but it is an idea :idea: that could save me or someone else a few bucks.
LSR

BrendellaJet
05-22-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm an absolute retard when it comes to putting pictures up. When I go to upload the picture it says its an invalid file.
open the file with microsoft paint(start/programs/accessories/paint) and resave the file as a JPG or Jpeg file instead of a bitmap(.bmp)

78hallett-ss
05-23-2007, 08:31 AM
I know this might sound a bit hoakie, but if you are having cooling problems it might get you by until you can find the housings. I have done this before and it worked great. If you tee into your lake water inlet line just after the pump and before the engine and run a copper tube coiled around your exhaust turbine housing and back out the lake out line, the water cooled copper tube would act as a heat exchanger. You could pack some foil or high heat insulation around the outside of the tubing and install a stainless steel or aluminum sheet metal cover and who would know, if done right.
I was going to make some covers for my T-4's mainly so no one gets burned, when one day I discovered they were already made . . . . don't laugh . . . . . I was in the cookware section of a local department store and found some stainless steel and aluminum spun bowls that were the perfect shape. I just needed to measure to confirm . . . but have not got that far. I really don't need them as my turbos are out in the wind anyway, but it is an idea :idea: that could save me or someone else a few bucks.
LSR
thanks for the tip! i think i"ll try it! im in the AC industry and copper will be easy... plus i already have the ss covers and a big roll of "cool-it" header wrap.
oh and certain size ss dog bowls would work! lol... was in the pet industry for a long time too.

MKEELINE
05-23-2007, 08:38 AM
open the file with microsoft paint(start/programs/accessories/paint) and resave the file as a JPG or Jpeg file instead of a bitmap(.bmp)
BrendellaJet, thanks for the help.
Lets see if I can pull this off.

MKEELINE
05-23-2007, 10:07 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/thumbs/boat42.JPG

obnoxious001
05-23-2007, 10:28 AM
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31540&d=1179938211
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31541&d=1179938254

78hallett-ss
05-25-2007, 09:15 AM
very nice! i thought about the open bow conversion too... but got enough work to do!

vee-driven
05-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Just buy my twin turbo setup, it has the water cooled housing covers and just think of all the spare parts you'll have. I don't know what they cost new but i'm sure there not cheap.

MKEELINE
05-25-2007, 01:35 PM
very nice! i thought about the open bow conversion too... but got enough work to do!
Barry, thanks for the help with the pictures. I guess I'm still a picture-tard.
78 thanks. Luckily, all the interior work was done when I got it.
Vee-Driven is right. You might be better off buying his set up, using the stuff you need from it and selling the rest. Maybe he'll cut you a hell of a deal.