PDA

View Full Version : Headed in the right direction! Cav-Plate

thatguy
05-21-2007, 05:51 PM
Hello Guys,
Took the Flatty out again the other day. 73' Eliminator.First time out it was almost undrivable. I followed the different advice for adjustments on my plate that you guys gave me and am on the right track. Still don't have the pedal, but have got it going MUCH better! With the handle all the way down, I saw that the plate was flat w/ the boat on the outside edges, and almost flat on the inside. (2-piece) BUT the " gull wing" was pretty severe. Almost 3/16" up in the centers. I reduced the gull wing on the middle turnbuckles, only took about a 1/2 turn to bring it close to flat, then brought all the edges down 1/4 turn. Yee Hah!! Boat ALMOST rides flat at WOT, just a little hop left with the handle about 2 clicks up. Am going to try just a little more down, maybe 1/4 turn all the way across. I belive that the engine may lack the HP to truly carry it free, it trys, but then it drops again. Not nearly as bad as before. It seems that when I try clicking up at speed it makes it worse.
The gull wing is still a good 1/8". Should I try going flat across?
I gotta say, I held it WOT as long as I wanted, with out getting to far out of shape. Could not do that before the adjustments. What a ride! My jet boats are pretty bad *ss, but this V-Drive stuff is just plain wicked! Easy 85 MPH or better, right now!

Jetboatguru
05-21-2007, 05:59 PM
Cool deal That! Or do we call you Guy? Glad things are coming around on Thatboat. See ya in Red Bluff at Thatrace

thatguy
05-21-2007, 06:01 PM
Thanks for THAT response! I will be at THAT race!
Call me Tommy, if THATS OK!!

Jetboatguru
05-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Right on Tommy! See ya there!:D