PDA

View Full Version : runnerbottom blueprinting

gunslinger
07-28-2003, 12:49 PM
Just checking out HBjets blueprinting thread, interesting. Anyone have experience with blueprinting runnerbottoms? What do you look for when checking the bottom? What kind of speed increases are we talking? How much money, and who does a good job? My hondo is almost stripped to the bone. The fabrication process is taking longer than planned, but the rigging will be trick. Mabey pictures this week if the gas foot pedal assembly gets completed (way over engineered but trick).6061 billet mounting bracket completly hogged out, front and back throtle stops incorporated, billet foot pedal rotates on ceramic coated aluminum shaft, adjustable up down side to side, adjustable spring tension in ten positions, trick throtle cable clamps. All this for 2 pounds less weight and a ultra cool factor.

Jetboatguru
07-28-2003, 01:17 PM
Gunslinger,
You have several options on doing the bottom of the Hondo.
Jim Lange at Hi Tech Marine in Simi Valley
Kevin Felkins in Lodi Ca.
You can do it yourself Lots of work and big mess.
I would take it to Kevin. Kevin builds the Canyon Boats. He is going to be a little less in price and he will make it right. I have seen as much as 10 mph gain when a bottom has been straightened up.
You are going to spend atleast a grand.
Hi Tech marine Ph # 805 583-2656
Kevin Felkins PH # 209 518-7575
Also "Looking for Liquid" on the boards might take on the job. He originally did the bottom on the PGF we race.
Any of these guys would pick up the performance on your boat.

gunslinger
07-28-2003, 01:40 PM
Thanks guru, It's great to get helpful info like that. I'm going to have many more questions for the v-drive board members. Every time I post a question, I learn something new. PS the machinist in this form will love the custom parts my friends are designing for this boat. I will need help posting pics. Never posted a pic before. :)

wsuwrhr
07-28-2003, 03:42 PM
gunslinger:
PS the machinist in this form will love the custom parts my friends are designing for this boat. I will need help posting pics. Never posted a pic before. :) I'm waiting.
Brian