PDA

View Full Version : Wireing problems

jet guy
05-22-2007, 08:24 AM
My 69 tahiti needs rewired and I need a good wireing diagram and if there is a wireing harness I can get some were

76ANTHONY
05-22-2007, 08:49 AM
My 69 tahiti needs rewired and I need a good wireing diagram and if there is a wireing harness I can get some were
hahahaha this is where i got my wiring diagram when i was building my boat. theirs some pros on here.....

76ANTHONY
05-22-2007, 08:50 AM
check this thread out
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146870&highlight=wiring+diagram

BrendellaJet
05-22-2007, 09:03 AM
Im using this diagram right now to wire my boat. Its pretty good. I've been asking lots of general questions over in Gear Heads so try some searching and you will find some useful info...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/448Wiring_Diagram1.jpg

BrendellaJet
05-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Im making my own harness too. You can buy them premadefor $175 or so(I think). For less than that I went out and bought 10 different colors of wire and all the connectors I needed and i can wire 5 more boats with all the left overs. Let me know if you want some...

76ANTHONY
05-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Im using this diagram right now to wire my boat. Its pretty good. I've been asking lots of general questions over in Gear Heads so try some searching and you will find some useful info...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/448Wiring_Diagram1.jpg
dam, nice diagram...

jet guy
05-22-2007, 11:01 AM
this site is great thanks for the help

Statue
05-22-2007, 11:08 AM
I just bought and installed a harness from Hardin-marine.com. It is beautiful, all of the connections are silicone filled and crimped the guage layout is nice, the whole kit was a pleasure. I also bought the 460 engine harness and it was equally as nice.

Tresguey
05-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Hey Statue, I beg to differ with you on the engine wire harness deal. I still think the coil wiring is wrong. But it is a very well built harness. That I give them. Oh yeah who installed it? :idea:

BrendellaJet
05-22-2007, 01:16 PM
I just bought and installed a harness from Hardin-marine.com. It is beautiful, all of the connections are silicone filled and crimped the guage layout is nice, the whole kit was a pleasure. I also bought the 460 engine harness and it was equally as nice.
I think those harnesses work on a stock application only. Every boat is differnt though. The harnesses would not work for me, way too much going on with additional guages, ignition, window switch and header valve....plus my routing is totally different. I want my wiring to be stealth and the routing to be well thought out. Tough to do with the pre made harness... and with that kit, the whoe harness hanging off the back of the motor doesn't work for me...

Xlration Marine
05-22-2007, 05:40 PM
I have a harness with a mercruiser plug on it. It was to be used in a jet and the Kem Equipment engine came wired for the merc plug. It is a custom made item from Specialty Marine, years ago. Still has the tag on it.