PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake

Her454
01-14-2003, 12:49 PM
Not sure if I spelled that right but on my way to Az last week I passed this lake and it was beautiful from what I could see from the Highway and had several NICE boats sitting on the beach. Who boats there and whats it like?

BK
01-14-2003, 03:16 PM
I used to boat there on occation and Castaic wich isnt far from there. Thats were the HTM crash happend last year. The lake can get pretty windy and crowded and they're kinda strict on the speed limit thing from what I can remember, but its alright for the day and sure beats Elsinore or Perris.

ACCEPTENCE
01-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Pyramid Lake, not as big as you might think, you saw all of it from the road. The wind is up in gale force by 11:00 a.m. just about everyday. Way to many restrictions followed by a boat by boat safety inspection before launch. Although close to everywhere in So. Cal., not worth the time. Kinda like Buena Vista lake you passed just before the grape vine. Mud holes I tell ya. Crowded, torn up and full of Sears boat owners.
For me, I'd drive to the river first...

Her454
01-14-2003, 05:33 PM
so much for that. hate the wind and/or restrictions. thanks guys.

O.B eddie
01-14-2003, 05:35 PM
Waters cold and you have to wait in line I would rather go to Cabrillo beach in san pedro !