PDA

View Full Version : Havasu questions

Tunnel Vision
05-22-2007, 11:36 AM
We are thinking of attending the DCB regatta next month, but we were told that our Mach 22 will be too small for the weekend rough water.
Any thoughts?
And if we do come down were would be a good, clean place to stay close to where the regatta is taking place.
thank you in advance!
TV:)

MR HARLEY
05-22-2007, 11:47 AM
We are thinking of attending the DCB regatta next month, but we were told that our Mach 22 will be too small for the weekend rough water.
Any thoughts?
And if we do come down were would be a good, clean place to stay close to where the regatta is taking place.
thank you in advance!
I'd say go for it. Saturday were are pretty much beached at Rotary park all day and only leave to take raft-up shots and Heli pics and runs if you want. It may be alittle rough but you can cruise through the channel back to the launch if it gets to ruff for ya to get out. I dont think you will have a prob. :)
Places to stay? Good question, someone will probably be along to answer that for ya. Good luck and hope to see ya out!

DCBDaytona
05-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Any thoughts?
thank you in advance!
Do it...If you can get into town early enough on Fri, the lake/river will be beautiful. On Sat, I'll probably just launch and chill with the crowd...either that or you'll have to leave earlier than the rest of the pack because it gets choppy! We've got a big gang of 22's with twins coming this year, possibly 5-6. Gonna be a Good Time.:D

TOBTEK
05-22-2007, 12:02 PM
DO IT! if the water gets to large, there will be plenty of plus sized boats to ride in. In fact, I heard Dave is bringing STACKS of sales contracts so people can do TRADE-INs right on the beach. :D
I used to go everywhere in our 22, just have to use that thing bolted to your neck.

Water Romper
05-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Defiantly go for it…launch early, do some speed runs and when the big boys come out to play and they churn up the water, find a cove or hit the channel and chill. Light it up again in the evening around 6-7pm.
I had one of the smallest boats at the Carrera regatta (18 footer) for the past several years and I am on the water ALL DAY LONG.
I don’t drag that thing across the desert for 5 hours and not go boating.
My only fear is WIND…:eek:

ClownRoyal
05-22-2007, 03:58 PM
London Bridge Resort or Nautical Inn if you want the option to leave your boat in the water, rather then pulling out each day.
Agave Inn if pulling out each day. I think it is the cleanest and nicest hotel in Havasu. my .02
Come to the regatta. You will have a blast.

TwinMach26DCB
05-22-2007, 04:22 PM
And if he failed to mention everyone.. Those are 2.5 DRAGS... This little get-er-done will get-with the program..
I'm going to be there Dan.. Me and a buddy -- My bride can't make it --
Come by the house, jump in the pool, and grab a cold one..
Kirk.

Tunnel Vision
05-23-2007, 07:02 AM
And if he failed to mention everyone.. Those are 2.5 DRAGS... This little get-er-done will get-with the program..
Kirk.
Hey buddy how the hell are you?
We are doing our best to make it down there for the regatta but we are having a hard time finding a baby sitter, but don't count us out yet!
My wife sure would like a mini adult vacation so she's rallying really hard for a sitter:)
Bryan from DCB is delivering our boat to Havasu for us that weekend so one way or another I have to drive down there to get it.
I would be nice to finally meet some of the other people here on the boards down there too.
Dan

Tunnel Vision
05-23-2007, 07:05 AM
Kirk.
I almost forgot Kirk, If we come by your house, I would drink your last beer!:D
Dan

Tunnel Vision
05-24-2007, 07:26 AM
Grandma & Grandpa came thought to baby sit so it looks like we will attend our first DCB regatta.
Leaving wednesday hope to see you all there!
TV

Kilrtoy
05-24-2007, 07:37 AM
I don't know who you have been talking to
THE CHANNEL
never has more than a 3" ripple, unless one of those dumb ass wake board boats comes cruising thru, then maybe 6".
It will be just fine :D :D :D

DCBDaytona
05-24-2007, 07:53 AM
THE CHANNEL
never has more than a 3" ripple, unless one of those dumb ass wake board boats comes cruising thru, then maybe 6".
Wassup Kilr...The channel water is just perfect! ;)
Look forward to seeing all you guys next weekend...Seems like it's been a LONG time.

Tunnel Vision
05-24-2007, 07:58 AM
THE CHANNEL
Actually Bryan @ DCB just suggested it can be pretty rough out in the lake for a 22 that's all.
We be out there if its not an ocean!
My wife and I are looking for a hotel right now as we speak that fairly close to everything that happening for the regatta.
I don't know my way around down there too much, but we have been to the Eliminator regatta twice and the ramp over on the island can be a real zoo.
Is that ramp probably the best to use?
Dan

Kilrtoy
05-24-2007, 08:12 AM
Actually Bryan @ DCB just suggested it can be pretty rough out in the lake for a 22 that's all.
We be out there if its not an ocean!
My wife and I are looking for a hotel right now as we speak that fairly close to everything that happening for the regatta.
I don't know my way around down there too much, but we have been to the Eliminator regatta twice and the ramp over on the island can be a real zoo.
Is that ramp probably the best to use?
Dan
It was a joke, as most DCB's sit in the chanel all day every weekend, Just ask MR HARLEY...:D
yes a 22 can take a beating

Baja Big Dog
05-24-2007, 08:30 AM
Id go..Friday will be nice, by Sat most of the DCB's will either be sunk or broken, so they wont make much wake on the lake!!!:D

Tunnel Vision
05-24-2007, 08:38 AM
Id go..Friday will be nice, by Sat most of the DCB's will either be sunk or broken, so they wont make much wake on the lake!!!:D
:)