PDA

View Full Version : A Jet boat challenge for Nosty Circle Boats!

CircleJerk
07-21-2003, 08:25 PM
Now they have done it {those pesky jets}! :D We are exploring the prospect of putting on the first Jet vs Flat Sprint race! Yes the funny looking roll bar sprint Jet boats or any other style, for that matter, will compete against the clock on a twisty, winding, sharp corner course and be acuately timed by our course computer! Bragging rights, trophies, or cash could be thrown in for fun. ALL boats would be eligible after meeting NWC safety tech inspections to compete one at a time on a Jet Ski competition style course. We run two of these jet ski races a year and have the stuff to do it right. This should spark some interest, dont you all think? The event would be run right with our 3/4 mile circle heats and could possibly include some accelleration matches. OOOHHHH Boyyy Stay tuned....H2OJeRkster smile_sp

superdave013
07-21-2003, 08:29 PM
Sorry jerk, I'm putting my money on the jet for this one.
Ok, let the flames begin!

burbanite
07-22-2003, 08:03 AM
superdave013:
Sorry jerk, I'm putting my money on the jet for this one.
Ok, let the flames begin! I'm with you on this one....those sprint boats live for that stuff... :)

dossangers
07-22-2003, 09:04 AM
What happens when the v drive runs wide in a corner in shallow water???? those jets will eat them up !!!

Her454
07-22-2003, 09:45 AM
LOL, yea right. My moneys on the jets.

pops1
07-22-2003, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE]Sound's like a good - well not to deep on planning for you propers.
# 1 props cannot run quick enough on the G pull.
#2All the dead fish you propers chop up and throw around may be danger to the spectator's.
#3 why would you propers want to get beat in public!
All in "FUN" sounds like you are getting something going- Good Luck- If we can Help give us a call. Dave @ Aggressor Jet Drives-888-246-5075

Moneypitt
07-22-2003, 10:45 AM
Who runs 3/4 mile circle heats???

ColeTR1
07-22-2003, 11:23 AM
That makes about as much sense as one those jet boats racing a top fuel hydro in a quarter mile drag race. I like watching those jet boats run they remind me of PWC on steroids.

pops1
07-22-2003, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE]It seems I was told last year a jet could not beat a prop, Then at the cove last year not one jet but 4 jets went to the finals, and DOWN WENT THE HYDRO even with a red light- and the $11,000.00 Dollars went to the Jet Boat. Hmmmmm must have fell asleep, no red light that did not happen . Hmmmmm lets see lets see Hmmmmm.

GN117 Big Dawg
07-22-2003, 04:59 PM
Hey your Jerkness,
Do the flatbottom guy's get to have someone in their boat to point out which is the correct way to turn and when to get the nerve up to try such a thing.
Just wondering!

CircleJerk
07-22-2003, 06:03 PM
I guess I'm on to something, judging by the comments. First of all: WE race on a 3/4 mile oval and we are the originators of the Nostalgic Flat Bottom Circle Boats. We found a definite interest in the classic flats and even more interest in a competition event. The short course offered by the outboard hydros supplied the recipe for procurring badly needed insurance since it kept the overall speed down!{under 80} Simple enough that I am surprised no one at APBA didnt figure it out. Small course equals safer speeds and GREAT spectator shows without the need for binoculars! There, I beat the drum again! JG
Big Dawg, always good to hear from you.... Now, why do you need a second passenger to navigate when you have a yellow buoy for left turns and an orange one for right turns. Just like the jet skis, a wild course can be set up for the optimum spectator and competitor appeal. The course will be closed to more than one boat and a determined number of laps chosen. Unlike jet sprint boat competition, the course will not be a secret until the drivers meeting but will be in plain view within the oval course. The front straight will be used for timing just like our circle time trials. Fastest ET will be the King of the Hill! The water is only 10 feet deep so the jets will not be allowed to buckle up and boat recovery will be simple, if someone gets too agressive! Wonder who? What do you think Jet Sprinters and pleasure squirt boats? Spinning bald guy pushing away....... smile_sp

Sangster
07-22-2003, 06:15 PM
JET BOATS SUCK......PERIOD smile_sp

CircleJerk
07-22-2003, 06:31 PM
Atta Boy Sangster....keep flinging those insults and our membership will double by next season!!! smile_sp Hey, I'll race you suckers. {if i can borrow her boat] :D

MikeF
07-22-2003, 09:32 PM
Sangster:
JET BOATS SUCK......PERIOD smile_sp Jets are FORCE FED! :D
Hydros don't count cause they don't turn (at least drag hydro's don't :p )
I think the prop boats will sssslide to much in the right hand turns wink .
[ July 22, 2003, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: MikeF ]

blondie#1
07-22-2003, 09:41 PM
CircleJerk:
Atta Boy Sangster....keep flinging those insults and our membership will double by next season!!! smile_sp Hey, I'll race you suckers. {if i can borrow her boat] :D CJ, why is it always my boat, when you want to do this. :confused: Don't you think I'll want to challenge them? What is wrong with your boat? idea It turns just as good, if not better than mine, with the right hand prop! What is the deal!

GN117 Big Dawg
07-22-2003, 09:59 PM
Boyd,
When you have your drivers meeting, emphisize safty first(as I KNOW you always do) and then quote your "overlap" rules. Keep yor people informed, explain the overlap rule, the jets really need it, and they need to know the rules.
I've raced Roger Finney in his Comp Jet and had NO problems at all, ever. Roger has a ton of expreiance and is a true racing gentelman. His jet is a safe, fast, and a meticulously maintained piece, and it's just a gas to race him.
Enforce your rules to the letter, and within the spirit of the rule, and you guy's will continue your success.
Actually it sounds to me like you have tapped into a whole contingiant of boats just looking for a place to race! You know as well as I do the whole secret is boat count, and compition.
Your short coarse idea is preciesly the answer to slowing stuff down, let the coarse dictate the speeds.
Good Luck Boyd, Gary

blondie#1
07-24-2003, 11:18 PM
blondebombshell:
CircleJerk:
Atta Boy Sangster....keep flinging those insults and our membership will double by next season!!! smile_sp Hey, I'll race you suckers. {if i can borrow her boat] :D CJ, why is it always my boat, when you want to do this. :confused: Don't you think I'll want to challenge them? What is wrong with your boat? idea It turns just as good, if not better than mine, with the right hand prop! What is the deal! Just to let everyone know, that CJ can drive my boat on this course if he wants to. I sounded like I was being selfish, which just isn't the case. I just like to tease him like everyone seems to do. His boat won't be ready and he is going in for knee surgery in Aug. (Athroscoptic)it's considered an out patient proceedure. He should be fine by Spet. We will both have to try this out if it comes to pass. By the way, this type of race is one boat only on the course at a time and it is for speed time going in and out of the red and yellow bouy's. So all types of boats could have fun with this. It's just like (sorta)what the JetSprint boats do, here in Washington. Everyone have a good day. :D wink

hondo sanger
07-27-2003, 12:31 PM
why, would you let those jets on course. make sure
there are no spectators in turns . when they make famous letf turn, launch driver. HA HA AL

blondie#1
07-27-2003, 03:30 PM
hondo sanger:
why, would you let those jets on course. make sure
there are no spectators in turns . when they make famous letf turn, launch driver. HA HA AL Well, first of all there won't be a navagator, just a driver. The course would be set up in the middle of the circle track. If you have ever seen barrelracing on horseback, it will sort of be like that. One boat(driver)on course at a time. Going for the fastest time. We might have a demostration at banks lake, Sept. 6 & 7. So we will see how it goes. Just something more for everyone (who wants to)try for fun. We shall see who turns better and goes faster (and be safe)jetters or v-drives? That is the question! Hope you are having a great summer. Love the jokes you email us. But, one question! You got any other jokes beside blonde ones. You could change those to burnetts, redheads, italian's eek! :D wink etc... eek!