PDA

View Full Version : Ya hear about the golf cart accident today?

Mandelon
05-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Some guy had just retired and was out playing golf, he's leaning over out of the cart to pick up a ball and his cart went over the edge of a large drop, some big retaining wall, he plunges like 60 feet onto Hwy 395....?? :confused: :( He didn't survive.
Fallbrook it sounds like..:idea:

OutCole'd
05-22-2007, 03:33 PM
That's why I don't golf. Too dangerous.

Mandelon
05-22-2007, 03:34 PM
San Diego Man Dies After Golf Cart Goes Off Cliff
POSTED: 1:59 pm PDT May 22, 2007
FALLBROOK, Calif. -- A 65-year-old golfer died Tuesday after his golf cart plunged 75 feet off a cliff and crashed into a road below, authorities said.
The man teed off with three friends on the second hole of the Pala Mesa Resort Golf Course in northern San Diego County at around 10 a.m. and then got into his cart.
The vehicle veered off the concrete pathway, traveled down a 25-foot embankment and went over the edge of the cliff, said California Highway Patrol spokesman Tom Kerns said.
The victim, a recently retired real estate agent from Irvine, was ejected shortly before the cart hit the road beneath the cliff and died on impact, Kerns said. His name was not immediately released.
No one else was involved in the crash.
Investigators will inspect the golf cart for mechanical failures, Kerns said. Drugs or alcohol were not thought to have been factors in the crash.
Billy, I've only seen you drive your cart UP cliffs, not down.....:sqeyes:

Ziggy
05-22-2007, 03:43 PM
I was gonna say PAla is the only place along the 395 with trecherous T-boxes.....what a bummer, that sucks to be out for a leisurely round of Golf to end up dead. :(
Wonder if HDD was out there shooting spit wads thru a straw at the dude :D

CA Stu
05-22-2007, 04:37 PM
"Fore!"
Thanks
CA Stu

Sleek-Jet
05-22-2007, 04:37 PM
The man teed off with three friends on the second hole of the Pala Mesa Resort Golf Course ...
Drugs or alcohol were not thought to have been factors in the crash.
:
That's because he was only on the second hole... :eek:
Poor bastard...

boatnam2
05-22-2007, 04:39 PM
very sad,g carts accidents happen all the time just never hear about them.I remember once we played at a place and they put a 80yo guy with us...my buddy was riding solo so he put the old timer in his cart.well a fe holes into it we pull up to a hole buddy flips a u-turn and backs in.well he hit his tee shot about 30 yards so he walks to his ball and the old timer jumps behind the wheel to drive well its still in reverse so when pops hits the gas it pins him against the wheel he jumps the tee box and goes down a hill before he could even do anything....not to bring humor into a tragic thread but i laughed so hard i pissed my pants...

Mandelon
05-22-2007, 05:43 PM
I've seen you piss your pants for less.
Sad deal, indeed. But accidents like this help me justify owning a boat now. Maybe my retirement will be a little later off or I'll have to eat a little Alpo now and then, but why wait til you retire to enjoy life?
If you think about it you could get hit by a falling golf cart any day.

vee-driven
05-22-2007, 06:25 PM
thats almost funny, it takes a real wiz i'm sure to do something like that.

BarryMac
05-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Very sad indeed, to die over a $4 golf ball. :( :rolleyes:

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-22-2007, 06:57 PM
well it is very sad to hear of someone trying to live their golden years and can't get past the few this poor man worked most of his life for..
Our thoughts and Prayers go out to him and his family..:(

TheEduKATor
05-22-2007, 07:09 PM
I saw the news vans in front of the golf course on my way home from work. I wasn't sure what had happened and did not expect to hear of someone losing their life. Our family's thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones.