PDA

View Full Version : Michigan jet boaters?

jetboat=$
02-10-2006, 11:08 PM
ive checked out the michigan hot boats web site...but nothing for '06. any good lakes to go to? i try and go to the "chain of lakes" once a summer but the last 3 years ive been rained out. plus my pipes get to hot from the "no wake zones"

Unchained
02-11-2006, 04:39 AM
Did you just move to Michigan? What city ?
The Michigan Hot Boats group has several meets through the year around the state.
They will probably put up the schedule soon on the website.
There are many real nice places to go boating in the State but the place that has the most Hot Boats and where you'll find the most lake racing is at Hardy Dam by Big Rapids. Every Saturday and Sunday you'll find a lot of fast outboards to race and maybe a few jets.
Did you read the Message board on the website?
We're trying to get races set up in Allendale, Mi for every other saturday.

jetboat=$
02-11-2006, 09:53 AM
i live near Novi. ive been boating my whole life but in the past 3 years i really got into jet boats. its like your driving around with a naked lady on your bow...everyone gives you a thumbs up! i would love to see other boats. i built mine from pictures and ideas. i havnt seen alot of classic boats in person. looking at other boats you see alot of great ideas. my boat is not finished they way i want it but its getting there.
im usually on Lake Fenton and the titabawasee river in gladwin area.http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11162

sanger rat
02-11-2006, 06:18 PM
You can find me on the Saginaw river or with the Michigan hot boat crew. How is titabawasee river in gladwin? Where do you launch at? Lake Fenton has got to get ruff at times. Isn't it crowded there?

jetboat=$
02-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Lake fenton can be a bit crowded, but there is nothing better then having everybody stare at your boat when you fire it up! i love the smiles and the thumbs up i get. im pretty sure the titabawasee has 85 miles of shoreline. so ou can ride all day and not see the same thing twice. theres 2 parts to this river, one near downtown Gladwin and the other part north of Gladwin off Secord Lake. the near downtown has lots of stumps that you have to watch out for. i dont go there. But the one on secord lake is the catz azz. spend most of my summer there. DNR are pretty cool about it as long as your not pounding beers and driving. Ive held my boat open and blew by them before. they pulled me over, but just to look at my boat! hahaha AWESOME time.

sanger rat
02-12-2006, 10:07 AM
Let me know when you head up to Gladwin this summer I'll come up there.

jetboat=$
02-12-2006, 10:12 AM
awesome! the locals are pretty cool about loud boats. id actually love to get a pack of us together and rumble the hell out of the lake!

sleekcrafter
02-12-2006, 02:51 PM
ive checked out the michigan hot boats web site...but nothing for '06. any good lakes to go to? i try and go to the "chain of lakes" once a summer but the last 3 years ive been rained out. plus my pipes get to hot from the "no wake zones"
Michigan waterways sure beat the hell out of the Chain of lakes, though the chain has a lot of water, it's dirty,and rough, and they are cracking down on noise. Michigan lakes and rivers water is twenty times cleaner than the Chain. Michigan Hot Boats is a good group of performance hot boaters, nice rides, good peeps, and good times. I went to ***boat weekend last year, had a blast, at Hardy Dam. Like SangerRat said see you in the spring, events will be posted soon.
Sleek

jetboat=$
02-12-2006, 04:14 PM
are you talking about the chain of lakes (mullett, burt, indian river)? they can be rough but they are crystal clear.

sleekcrafter
02-12-2006, 05:06 PM
are you talking about the chain of lakes (mullett, burt, indian river)? they can be rough but they are crystal clear.
When you chain of lakes, I was thinking northern IL. chain of lakes, like I said, Michigan rivers and lakes are nice. The Chicago chain consists of Pistakee, Channel, Catherine, Marie, Fox, Grass, Nippersink, are the major lakes of the 15 in the chain. :)
Sleek

G-Body
02-12-2006, 06:31 PM
I am always on Hamlin lake by Ludington. It`s great as long as the wind doesn`t whip it up. Only no wake zones are by the launch ramps, and plenty of open water. Not much as far as other hot boats though, just one other jet that is usually on the lake and somtimes you will see an outboard or two.

racincraft440
02-12-2006, 09:15 PM
I live about 3 miles from Lake Fenton. I don't even try to get on that lake on the weekends, but weekdays it's empty until about 3 or 4 o'clock.
Holloway Reservoir is always accessable but rough. The east end is much better and all day long boaters turn around at the far end to pair up and run W.O.T. blasts.
Lobdell, Lake Ponemah & Silver Lake all tie in together and there's a public boat launch there too. Haven't had a chance to try that out yet.
Hoping to get my v-drive out this summer after being out of it for a few years now.
Dean

jetboat=$
02-12-2006, 09:22 PM
lake fenton is ok on the weekends you either have to go early or go late. the cops are jerks on lake fenton though. i heard lobdell is a good party lake!