PDA

View Full Version : In need of a Job

Old boatloanguy
05-23-2007, 06:36 AM
I have 4 years in boat loans and 15 years in telecommunications. I am working for a small company right now that gives me about 30 hours a week. I have no problems starting a new carrear or finding one that I have experince in. Thanks for the help,
Chris

Mrs.Racer277
05-23-2007, 06:41 AM
Your location would be helpful :)

Old boatloanguy
05-23-2007, 06:53 AM
Riverside, but I have no problem relocating. I am single and my house is up for so sale so moving to another area or state is not an issue.

dirty old man
05-23-2007, 07:07 AM
A question for you boat loan guy: With home building down, gas prices still going up, just how are boat loans/sales doing? I've heard some smaller boat builders are hurting. Any truth from you as an insider?

uvindex
05-23-2007, 07:10 AM
I have 4 years in boat loans and 15 years in telecommunications. I am working for a small company right now that gives me about 30 hours a week. I have no problems starting a new carrear or finding one that I have experince in. Thanks for the help,
ChrisSome job seeking advice: You might want to get rid of the "old" in your name. Sure, it's illegal to discriminate based on age. However, calling yourself old doesn't exactly give prospective employers an image of an energetic go-getter, it conjures up a guy sitting in a rocking chair (which might be far from reality, but all people have to go on is your user name). Good luck. :)

Old boatloanguy
05-23-2007, 07:17 AM
Some job seeking advice: You might want to get rid of the "old" in your name. Sure, it's illegal to discriminate based on age. However, calling yourself old doesn't exactly give prospective employers an image of an energetic go-getter, it conjures up a guy sitting in a rocking chair (which might be far from reality, but all people have to go on is your user name). Good luck. :)
Old stands for no longer doing the job...I could not remember my password for my other screen name (boatloanguy). I do understand though what you are saying. Just to clarify I am still under 40 at least for another year or so..
As far as loan are going I have heard different stories some good and some bad, does not seem to be what it was 4 years ago though.

Natedog
05-23-2007, 08:19 AM
PM sent

TheGoldenHeeb
05-23-2007, 08:48 AM
just do what I did, #1 post, serve your time in jail and find religion.

talkinghead
05-23-2007, 09:03 AM
If I were in a similiar position, I would learn to drive a truck.
I just heard a commercial for a company on the DelMarVa that pays 1200-1500/week.
I'm sure it can be it can be a tough job - but there are worse.
Also, if it were me (although slightly off topic) - I would get the heck out of So. Cal - to much stress, to many people, to $$$
There are much better places to live IMO. So. Cal = overrated, maybe 20+ years ago it was good, but those days are gone.

plaster dave
05-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Check your pm's

TheGoldenHeeb
05-23-2007, 09:08 AM
#10 post is right, they also got some weird laws out in them ways. My cousin was livin' in West Covina and he got arrested because he would park in front of an Elementary School during his lunch hour everyday.

Old boatloanguy
05-23-2007, 08:25 PM
Natedog check your PM>>>>>

lalhc
05-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Here's my ad at Monster.com if you're interested:
http://jobview.monster.com/getjob.asp?JobID=57743654&JobTitle=National+Account+Representative&fn=10&q=wireless&lid=350&cy=us&vw=b&AVSDM=2007-05-17+16%3a42%3a00

lalhc
05-23-2007, 08:40 PM
If link does not work, here is a copy of the Monster ad:
Put your superior sales ability and customer service expertise to work selling Sprint wireless solutions. We're looking for highly-motivated successful sales professionals.
Position’s currently available in the Greater Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties.
Qualifications:
- Experience prospecting & presenting to medium and large size business
- Wireless sales experience and technical knowledge a must
- Ability to travel
-Responsible for generating leads, appointments, and sales from Enterprise Sector.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, planning and communications skills
- Minimum of 2 years outside wireless sales experience
This position offers a salary, generous commission & bonus package.
Contact Ruben Soto
951-232-2200
Ruben.soto@strategictelecom.com
www.strategictelecom.com