PDA

View Full Version : Prime Marine?

living_at_the_river_at_19
04-14-2003, 10:43 PM
Hey i just found a new site, well atleast what i think is new. Have any of you seen Prime Marine's (rancho cucamonga, ca) new site or any of their work? Do you know if they have rigged any v-drives, or even if there work is clean? From the looks of their detailed site, I would hope to assume the same for their work. Check out there site if you havent seen it its www.primemairneusa.com (http://www.primemairneusa.com) not primemarine.com thats a different company.

Rexone
04-14-2003, 10:52 PM
Yes they do excellent work. I'm familiar with them. (you mis-spelled your link too). :)

04-14-2003, 11:05 PM
I guess i spelled their link wrong, its www.primemarineusa.com (http://www.primemarineusa.com)
I was looking at their dual drive boat. Does anybody know how that works?

WILDERTHANU54
04-15-2003, 07:58 PM
living_at_the_river_at_19:
Do you know if they have rigged any v-drives PLENTY OF V-DRIVE EXPERIENCE......WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING TO GET DONE ?

LA Boats
04-17-2003, 09:12 PM
The guys who started Prime a couple of years ago are probably two of the best rigger/set up guys in the industry. However, John Coggin has left and has his own place in Montclair called Concept Marine and the other guy, Mike King, is the Service Manager for Teague Marine. The guy who is left is kind of a yahoo and only has about 5 years (total) of marine experience. Know of a couple of guys who haven't been happy with them. Just throwin that out there. See for yourself if you want to be sure.

BILLY.B
04-18-2003, 05:13 AM
LA Boats:
The guys who started Prime a couple of years ago are probably two of the best rigger/set up guys in the industry. However, John Coggin has left and has his own place in Montclair called Concept Marine and the other guy, Mike King, is the Service Manager for Teague Marine. The guy who is left is kind of a yahoo and only has about 5 years (total) of marine experience. Know of a couple of guys who haven't been happy with them. Just throwin that out there. See for yourself if you want to be sure. Pretty strong words there ,do you know for sure?? Both John Cogan , not Coggin, and Mike King are friends of mine , and so are the guys who are now running Prime marine. I was by there yesterday and they are busy and are pumping out boats. One new Hallett outboard was being rigged for ski racing and a lot of billet hardware was being made for it as I was there , neat looking stuff. so before you go calling someone a YAHOO maybe you'd better get your stories straight , sounds to me that you are miss informed. Just my .02 worth.

LA Boats
04-19-2003, 09:23 AM
Wow, I thought I was being kind referring to little Mike as a Yahoo. Didn't mean to insult your buddy and he is a nice kid. Just don't agree that it is the place to take a v-drive to since the guys with the skills are gone. By the way, I have plenty of first hand experience with them, not just second hand info. I am not trying to bust anyone's tail here just relaying info that I would want someone to relay to me. But I can understand you sticking up for your buddy. By the way, when was the last time you had him do any rigging or tuning on your flat?

schiada96
04-19-2003, 09:47 AM
La boats new guy yahoo

04-19-2003, 03:32 PM
Wow, thanks for all the info. Hey la boat dude, you say you dont mean to be harsh, but stating that the guys with all the experience are gone makes you wonder how they are pumping out more boats than before. If the dude thats running the place is a second hand info cat, what hand did king and cogin learn from? Prehaps the "Boat God?"
Concept Marine, what kind of work are they doing, how long have they been around?

BILLY.B
04-19-2003, 07:06 PM
LA Boats:
Wow, I thought I was being kind referring to little Mike as a Yahoo. Didn't mean to insult your buddy and he is a nice kid. Just don't agree that it is the place to take a v-drive to since the guys with the skills are gone. By the way, I have plenty of first hand experience with them, not just second hand info. I am not trying to bust anyone's tail here just relaying info that I would want someone to relay to me. But I can understand you sticking up for your buddy. By the way, when was the last time you had him do any rigging or tuning on your flat? Happen to have a lot of friends in the buisness of rigging boats. Ray Brown ( BIESEMEYER BOATS)/ Gary Teague (GT PERFORMANCE)/ along with the others guys mentioned. Mikey has been givin a chance to run Prime marine and make ago of it. Mikey has been around for awhile doing work for Brad Anderson racing engines and with GT performance , not to mention he worked with John Cogan and with Mike King. So it's not as if he doesn't know whats going on!!!. As far as sticking up for a friend, I would sure hope someone would do the same for me if someone was trying to take buisness from me without my knowledge. To your other question , Ray Brown rigged my flatty and when ever I need to upgrade something I usally do it myself , and as far as the engine goes , Jim Vangordon racing engines does that for me :cool: .

LA Boats
04-19-2003, 07:39 PM
OK, all points well taken.

21rayson
04-19-2003, 08:23 PM
i think there race ski boats do a pretty good job.

04-20-2003, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the info Billy B. It looks like you are pretty well aquainted with the new manager and the forums. Thanks for all the info though. Looks like Mikes been around for a while, and knows whats going on. What other experience does he have, any motor building experience, schooling, personal projects? Whats Brad Anderson Racing? Like to hear about it?
LA boat dude,
I hear ya, its just your opinion, but before you make harsh comments be careful it seems like Mike has a lot of connections. "Shed some light"

PRIMEriverRUNNER8780
04-20-2003, 04:30 PM
Hey guys thanks for the kind words. Billy, you can bet I'd do the same for you if the opportunity arose.
LA boats, in regards to the comment you made about the people you claim were not happy with my service or work. All that I can say is that in this buisness there are always those whom you cannot please. If the people you know have had a problem with prime marine, its work, or its employees, by all means have them call me. I would like to correct any and all problems.
Livin at the river as for your questions, Brad Anderson Enterprises was one of the many places that I have aquired some of the skills that I posess today. I was given the chance to work side by side with some of the most knowledgeable people in the drag racing industry. As for schooling I've completed many automotive courses from college as well as engine design and chassis and suspension design. I am also currently pursuing my mechanical engineering degree. I have a great passion for boats as well as cars and hope that Prime Marine can be of some benifit to you. Thanks for taking the time to check out our site and for your interest in us.
As for you la boats you should take the advice given by livin at the river as well as Billy B. Be careful commmenting on something your not completely sure of.

GofastRacer
04-20-2003, 06:01 PM
Whats Brad Anderson Racing? Like to hear about it? Brad Anderson is a pioneer in the alcohol Funny Car class, he was a John Force back in the day when it was called B/B Funny Car. And I can remember when Randy and Shelly were just a couple of cute rug rats running around the pits!. They are a very cool people!.. :cool: :cool:
Brad Anderson (http://www.bradanderson.com)

BigBoyToys
04-20-2003, 06:04 PM
Damn....17 posts got 8 votes for a total of 1 star. Somebody pissed in someone's Wheaties eek!
Profile for LA Boats
Member Status: Registered User
Member Number: 4417
Member Rated: (Votes: 8)
[ April 20, 2003, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

GofastRacer
04-20-2003, 06:09 PM
BigBoyToys:
Damn....17 posts got 8 votes for a total of 1 star. Somebody pissed in someone's Wheaties eek!
Profile for LA Boats
Member Status: Registered User
Member Number: 4417
Member Rated: (Votes: 8) :D :D :D

BigBoyToys
04-20-2003, 06:18 PM
I can't comment on Prime Marine, since they are a bit South for me. But, there have been some very reputable folks post above and if I am ever down in that area and need some work done....Prime Marine it is! :D
And I would LOVE to have a few Brad motors :D :D

FLYTE RISK
04-20-2003, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the info Billy B. It looks like you are pretty well aquainted with the new manager and the forums. Thanks for all the info though. Looks like Mikes been around for a while, and knows whats going on. What other experience does he have, any motor building experience, schooling, personal projects? Whats Brad Anderson Racing? Like to hear about it?
LA boat dude,
I hear ya, its just your opinion, but before you make harsh comments be careful it seems like Mike has a lot of connections. "Shed some light" Hey brother Brad andereson is the man he has probably forgot more than most know!!!!!!!!!! wink

GofastRacer
04-20-2003, 06:32 PM
FLYTE RISK:
Hey brother Brad andereson is the man he has probably forgot more than most know!!!!!!!!!! wink [/QB]No shit huh!.. eek! :D

superdave013
04-20-2003, 07:17 PM
Hey PRIMEriverRUNNER8780,
Welcome to the forum. Hope you stick around and chip in on the madness from time to time.
LA Boats, Who are you and where's your shop? Not trying to start some shit but I'ed like to swing by and check it out sometime.

126driver
04-21-2003, 07:51 AM
Superdave <--- Really not trying to start shit. No, really. :D :D

LA Boats
04-22-2003, 06:15 AM
Don't have a shop. Just know a lot of people in So Cal marine industry. After several bad refs on the guys as well as my first hand experience, just thought I would throw out some info to help someone out. Guess I will go back to just readin' and let people find out for themselves. I see Billy is the sh__t here. No problem, I understand. I know he has no personal motives and I am sure he will steer all of you in the right direction. Everyone out here knows what a caring, sharing person he is.

=PAYED CA$H=
04-22-2003, 02:23 PM
I THOUGHT I PISSED SOME PEOPLE OFF ON THIS SITE, BUT THIS LA BOATS GUY FOR ONLY HAVING 20+ POSTS IS HEADING RIGHT IN THE SHITTER ON THESE FORUMS.......MAYBE YOU COULD TEST THEIR RIGGING SKILLS BY LETTING THEM PUT A BILLET KILL SWITCH ON YOUR SEA-DOO YA YAHOO............ devil :D devil :D

superdave013
04-22-2003, 03:01 PM
LA Boats:
Don't have a shop. Just know a lot of people in So Cal marine industry. After several bad refs on the guys as well as my first hand experience, just thought I would throw out some info to help someone out. Guess I will go back to just readin' and let people find out for themselves. I see Billy is the sh__t here. No problem, I understand. I know he has no personal motives and I am sure he will steer all of you in the right direction. Everyone out here knows what a caring, sharing person he is. No shop but know lots of people in the So Cal marine industry. I can relate to that. I would hate to see you quit posting because of a disagreement. Maybe you and Billy could agree to disagree on this one. No big deal really.
If you ever see me around come up and say hey. I like meeting new people from here and putting a face with a screen name.
[ April 22, 2003, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: superdave013 ]

ssmike
04-22-2003, 03:05 PM
LA Boats:
Billy is the sh__t here. No problem, I understand. I know he has no personal motives and I am sure he will steer all of you in the right direction. Everyone out here knows what a caring, sharing person he is. Now that's funny :D :D :D Damn, B, he must have heard about your insensitive remarks concering that old runner bottom you painted...
Ha Ha Ha Ha
[ April 22, 2003, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: ssmike ]

BILLY.B
04-22-2003, 09:42 PM
LA Boats:
Don't have a shop. Just know a lot of people in So Cal marine industry. After several bad refs on the guys as well as my first hand experience, just thought I would throw out some info to help someone out. Guess I will go back to just readin' and let people find out for themselves. I see Billy is the sh__t here. No problem, I understand. I know he has no personal motives and I am sure he will steer all of you in the right direction. Everyone out here knows what a caring, sharing person he is. Just trying to help people out, thats it!!. Never thought I was or am the SH_T, and your right, nothing to gain. But I did have a call today from the owner of Prime Marine , Randy Davis. He said that if your so called buddies had a problem with them , and Prime was givin the chance to fix it, and they were still unsatisfied he would refund them there money, and I'm sure you , being the LA BOAT GUY know he would do that. And I'm sure with all your marine industry experience, you see that offer from a lot of other shops---RIGHT!!!. One other thing, at least when I make comments on these boards I don't hide behind a screen name, so if you have the guts to slam someone , you ought to have the BALLS to put your real name to it!!!. eek!