PDA

View Full Version : Ups....wtf?????

MudPumper
05-23-2007, 10:25 PM
:mad: So I'm waiting for a custom set of fabricated valve covers to be shipped from Temecula to Santa Clarita. After 3 days we are like WTF? Check on progress with UPS and this is what they have to say:
We tried to deliver the package to the Santa Clarita address but he people at that address did not know who the package was for and said you must have moved. (Here is where it gets good) UPS runs my name through their database and finds an old address from La Mesa (San Diego area) where I lived 5 years ago. They ship and deliver the package to that address. UPS was told of the problem and stated they contacted who ever recieved the package and they were going to pick it up monday and try again to deliver it to me yesterday. So....as of today, UPS still doesnt have the package and said they were going to try and pick it up and if I don't have it in 1 week, I should take it up with the person who shipped the package. :mad: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: :confused: The correct shipping address has been verified which tells me they had the right address but went to the wrong place and then decided what the fock, we'll just send it to some other address 200 miles away. I'm so focking iritated right now and want to kick somebody at UPS right in their dick.:) The person shipping it, gave UPS the correct address, I still live at that address, and UPS won't take any responsibility when they made the decision to send it to somebody in San Diego.

C-2
05-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Who you getting covers from, Williams?

Rexone
05-23-2007, 10:30 PM
PM Riodog. He always has some good advice on UPS issues.
(I'd be pissed too).

MudPumper
05-23-2007, 10:33 PM
PM Riodog. He always has some good advice on UPS issues.
(I'd be pissed too).
Hey Mike, found a brand new cable seal in my parts bin. Must have got it from you last year sometime, so I don't need the one we have been talking about. Thanks for all your help though.:D

Rexone
05-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Hey Mike, found a brand new cable seal in my parts bin. Must have got it from you last year sometime, so I don't need the one we have been talking about. Thanks for all your help though.:D
You're welcome, I'm just sorry we couldn't be of more help. Glad you found one too.

Tom Brown
05-23-2007, 10:42 PM
...UPS won't take any responsibility...
Isn't this what small claims court is for? If there is a dispute over responsability, why not make them obey whatever laws apply?
I've had a couple of successful runs through small claims court. It wasn't a big deal. It's amazing how a vendor can go from yelling and telling you to go fock yourself to being sweet as pie when they tell the magistrate, "gee... I guess that is a copy of my store's receipt of payment.... sure... I'd be happy to provide the product he paid for."
A friend of mine took Bestbuy to small claims court and won. Their warranty policy was found to be illegal. She had good documentation and she went ahead and took care of it. It was a $120 item which isn't a ton of money but since then, Bestbuy and Future Shop (owned by Bestbuy) has changed their store policy so anyone can get them to provide a working item. Her good deed is paying dividends for all of us.
Don't get mad. Make these fockwads obey the laws like everyone else. You could take Bill Gates to small claims court and win. Nobody is above the law. At least, that's the theory.

Rexone
05-23-2007, 10:50 PM
Perhaps Voodooman can help you out Mike. He works for UPS. I'd send him a PM. Maybe he can shake someone up to at least pay attention. UPS is like a big machine. Sometimes when something gets out of wack inside its hard to get the first line machine operator to notice.

MudPumper
05-23-2007, 10:52 PM
Perhaps Voodooman can help you out Mike. He works for UPS. I'd send him a PM. Maybe he can shake someone up to at least pay attention. UPS is like a big machine. Sometimes when something gets out of wack inside its hard to get the first line machine operator to notice.
At this point I'll drive to pick the damn package up. I don't want UPS trying to deliver it to any of other old addresses.:D

RitcheyRch
05-24-2007, 05:16 AM
Makes no sense why they would not deliver it to the address that was on the package. Think UPS has gotten way too big and because of that we are seeing these types of issues.

ratso
05-24-2007, 05:26 AM
Random drug testing... in any field, would probably help out with a lot of these issues.;)

Wild Horses
05-24-2007, 05:33 AM
Random drug testing... in any field, would probably help out with a lot of these issues.;)
AMEN!!!! :D :D

Jbb
05-24-2007, 05:36 AM
Nobody is above the law.
You ...Brown....are an uninformed simpleton.......back to what you were doing.......lets try keeping the color inside the lines this time....ok...:p

voodoomedman
05-24-2007, 05:44 AM
Good advice. PM me the tracking # and I'll see if there is anything I can do. Unfortunately 800 #'s suck and ours is no exception. I am curious though, is that how you guys are with everybody? Have no problems for years and one time there is some sort of mistake they are going to get kicked in the dick? Was this a business address? If the driver was told nobody knew you then he isn't supposed to leave the package. He takes it back to the hub and the clerk looks for your correct address in an effort to get it to you. We have some pretty good databases that pull info from everywhichwhere and will tell me where anybody has lived and I mean all the addresses. So if it didn't show your current one then maybe you don't have things mailed there or something. Just some theories. On the other hand maybe the driver didn't want to deliver the package or something and lied about it and then the clerk didn't see your current address in the system accidentally. Possible too. Anywho, PM me the tracking # and I'd be glad to help resolve the issue.

voodoomedman
05-24-2007, 05:49 AM
Makes no sense why they would not deliver it to the address that was on the package. Think UPS has gotten way too big and because of that we are seeing these types of issues.
Because people move all the time or addresses are entered incorrectly all the time and it wouldn't give anybody a chance to complain about us for not trying to find the correct address even though they screwed up. I get emails or calls all the time that a package is going to the wrong place and requesting I reroute it somewhere. I think when I can't get it done though they post about it on the internet complaining even though they sent it to the wrong address. Hmmmmmmm.

Baja Big Dog
05-24-2007, 07:24 AM
I say this thread has about four more post befroe it gets a ..
BOOT IN THE CHEST!!

Baja Big Dog
05-24-2007, 07:57 AM
These are some of the reasons we switched to FedX, the level of customer service is a large step above UPS.

RitcheyRch
05-24-2007, 08:07 AM
Good point. Didnt think about it that way.
Because people move all the time or addresses are entered incorrectly all the time and it wouldn't give anybody a chance to complain about us for not trying to find the correct address even though they screwed up. I get emails or calls all the time that a package is going to the wrong place and requesting I reroute it somewhere. I think when I can't get it done though they post about it on the internet complaining even though they sent it to the wrong address. Hmmmmmmm.

MudPumper
05-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Good advice. PM me the tracking # and I'll see if there is anything I can do. Unfortunately 800 #'s suck and ours is no exception. I am curious though, is that how you guys are with everybody? Have no problems for years and one time there is some sort of mistake they are going to get kicked in the dick? Was this a business address? If the driver was told nobody knew you then he isn't supposed to leave the package. He takes it back to the hub and the clerk looks for your correct address in an effort to get it to you. We have some pretty good databases that pull info from everywhichwhere and will tell me where anybody has lived and I mean all the addresses. So if it didn't show your current one then maybe you don't have things mailed there or something. Just some theories. On the other hand maybe the driver didn't want to deliver the package or something and lied about it and then the clerk didn't see your current address in the system accidentally. Possible too. Anywho, PM me the tracking # and I'd be glad to help resolve the issue.
Voodoo, PM sent and thanks for offering to help. Call my cell if you find anything out. It's hell trying to get a live body on the phone at UPS.

Throttle
05-24-2007, 09:19 AM
yellowboat would have got it right the first time... lol

MudPumper
05-24-2007, 09:55 AM
yellowboat would have got it right the first time... lol
LMAO

Racey
05-24-2007, 10:02 AM
I can't believe all these ups horror stories on the boards. I've never had one problem with UPS in all the years here. You guys must have crappy drivers down there, We've had the same ups guy for the last 15+ years, we have a great relationship with him, but that's probably why we never have a problem.

edog_103
05-24-2007, 10:13 AM
I've had good luck with them. They seem to try and make things right when they screw up. Allthough I can't afford to use them anylonger. There prices have gotten way out of line. USPS for me from now on.

DayCruiser
05-24-2007, 11:29 AM
FEDex may soon change with those lawsuits going on about their Ground drivers allegedly not being Independent Contractors fedex says they are. Many of the Ground drivers are unhappy

boater72
05-24-2007, 11:37 AM
I've had good luck with them. They seem to try and make things right when they screw up. Allthough I can't afford to use them anylonger. There prices have gotten way out of line. USPS for me from now on.
Seems to me that I would have to aggree. :(