PDA

View Full Version : River Rats II FeedBack

Kindsvater Flat
12-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Got my copy today and I'm still not home. So utilizing the fire departments equipment I spent the last 1 1/2 hrs watching disc 1. SIMPLY AWESOME!! You did a great job Jerry and Wayne for narrating. Can't wait to watch the 2nd disc.
If you haven't bought it I highly suggest it!! The boats are great and some awesome shots of them running.

dossangers
12-20-2005, 06:05 PM
When i first saw RR 1 i didnt know anybody. This time around makes it FANTASTIC ! Ive never had this much fun boating in my life its the people that i know that makes it so much fun! Watching the VID today i realized how many boating FRIENDS i have from up north to down south totally AWESOME!!The VIDEO turned out UNBELIEVABLEthe helmet cams are the shit!!!!!!! see you all at the PREMIER!!!! :p :p :p ps three years worth of video's JERRY'S the MAN!!

steve d
12-20-2005, 06:30 PM
You guys are killing me. Trying to wait....Steve

superdave013
12-20-2005, 07:16 PM
yeah man, it's totaly rad. I just downloaded a copy off Napster. I think it came from some nissan guy. :p
JUST KIDDING YOU BOOBS!!
I'm going to wait and see it on the big screen myself.

Larry Nebb
12-20-2005, 07:19 PM
sd013, you suck man! :yuk:

uclahater
12-20-2005, 07:24 PM
Unbeleivable :cool: Great job Bro :rollside: Now we just need a DVD of all helmet cams (Not the type of helmet Lucky likes to look at) :idea:

Monkey Bung
12-20-2005, 07:37 PM
Killer video Jerry....but I do have one complaint, you put up Brian's mishapp and you didn't put up any sweet passes that he actually does? Just my opinion. Yes I know Brian is a friend of mine but COMMMOONNN!!

Moneypitt
12-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Hey guys please do not devulge any contents of the film. I will be waiting until the 15th to see it on the big screen, as I'm sure others are also, so please don't spoil it for us. No harm no foul yet, but be careful, please.........MP

Sangster
12-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Killer video Jerry....but I do have one complaint, you put up Brian's mishapp and you didn't put up any sweet passes that he actually does? Just my opinion. Yes I know Brian is a friend of mine but COMMMOONNN!!
Hey Bung..what's up.....You Hillbilly's have a Merry Christmas and we'll see you all NYD.... BTW, When did you become a Film Critic.... :) :)

Monkey Bung
12-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Hey Bung..what's up.....You Hillbilly's have a Merry Christmas and we'll see you all NYD.... BTW, When did you become a Film Critic.... :) :)
After watching a ORANGE HYDRO. :wink:

MikeF
12-20-2005, 09:53 PM
Got through disc one. Really enjoyed the small block mike (leg-n-it) footage and the helmet cam. It's all good chief! :cool:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-20-2005, 10:20 PM
2 things...I didn't have any other "river or CFW footage" of the yellow boat.
When it came time to write the bio I tried to get ahold of him to round out the story including some race footage. I called him 4 or 5 times without a response. I even asked Dale to have him call me, again with no luck.
In the end, I decided to use the cfw and Needles footage with Dale Herb and Brian all taking turns at the wheel in the 777 boat,
--Jerry

dmontzsta
12-20-2005, 10:22 PM
yeah man, it's totaly rad. I just downloaded a copy off Napster. I think it came from some nissan guy. :p
JUST KIDDING YOU BOOBS!!
I'm going to wait and see it on the big screen myself.
hey now, thats not right, he already thinks I am skimming him. :)
How about the DVD quality? pretty trick huh? the real deal too. Should make it harder for the people trying to copy stuff.
I am glad I did my part to help out the inner circle. I dont paint boats, build motors, or polish floors, so I do what I can to pull my weight. :)
I also store suprise presents in my warehouse, if you guys ever need it.

Kindsvater Flat
12-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Ya lets not ruin it for the guys that haven't seen it but do leave your comments on what you thought of the movie.
Mike

dossangers
12-20-2005, 10:51 PM
''badasssssssssss''

63stevens
12-21-2005, 03:34 AM
My copy came in the mail today. Took out time from my busy schedule of Christmas shopping and watched all of it. Have to say Jerry you did a very professional job. Thanks

Speedin' Ian
12-21-2005, 08:51 AM
Jerry the video is awesome and lived up to all my expectations! Great job narrating Wayne, can't wait to see it on the big screen!

Cole Man II
12-21-2005, 10:15 AM
Jerry,
The video was fantastic, you really have out done yourself this time. Lots of great side by side passes. Just what I needed to make it through a long winter. And a special thanks for the complimentary footage of my boat. That was very cool to see. As a side note, my name is Craig, not Graig. No big deal.
Two thumbs way up! Great job.
Thanks,
Cole Man.

Beautiful Noise
12-21-2005, 10:23 AM
Jerry you did a Great job,Wayne very good Narrating on it also..........I Pop it in everyday when I get home just to have it on to see what I missed :) I even caught a Glimpe of Me in front of Fox's for about 2 Seconds, If I'd of known where the Camera was I would of Waved :) :)

dossangers
12-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Guess who has the longest segment????????????? :rollside: :rollside:

Jetboatguru
12-21-2005, 10:37 AM
I think the guy that emerged as an NKRA frontrunner in the ominous boat! :rollside: :rollside:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-21-2005, 10:51 AM
Jerry,
The video was fantastic, you really have out done yourself this time. Lots of great side by side passes. Just what I needed to make it through a long winter. And a special thanks for the complimentary footage of my boat. That was very cool to see. As a side note, my name is Craig, not Graig. No big deal.
Two thumbs way up! Great job.
Thanks,
Cole Man.
I know what your name is...was there a type error in the credits?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Thanks guys for supportin the video guy! :)

dmontzsta
12-21-2005, 11:07 AM
I know what your name is...was there a type error in the credits?
My name wasnt in the credits.
:)

Beautiful Noise
12-21-2005, 01:47 PM
Well that says it all, I guess they gave Credit where Credit was due :) :) :)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-21-2005, 02:11 PM
I'll give you credit for headin to Elsinore when everyone else was at the river. :eek:

ColeTR2
12-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Great job Jerry and Wayne!

fastvdriver
12-21-2005, 02:59 PM
NICE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that thing was killer!! VOODOO and I watched the first disk last night!!
I was shocked at the amount of footage that you must have to make a disk of that quality!! once again great job.
Jeff

MikeF
12-21-2005, 03:44 PM
Gonna be SICK on the silver screen! Don't miss it. :D

WILDERTHANU
12-21-2005, 03:49 PM
Let me be 30th to say great job Jerry!!! I have not seen it but.. GREAT JOB JERRY!!!!!

Nucking futs
12-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Awesome footage of all the boats.. Should be better on the big screen.

dmontzsta
12-21-2005, 04:45 PM
I'll give you credit for headin to Elsinore when everyone else was at the river. :eek:
Most of us have regular jobs!
woot

GofastRacer
12-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Got mine today, just got done watching the first half and it's totally awesome!.. Congrats Jerry and Wayne great job!.. :cool: :cool: :cool:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-21-2005, 08:04 PM
Thanks Art! :cool:
At the rate we're going I will be into case number 3 by friday. That means over a hundred shipped in less than a week. Thanks again everybody I'm halfway to recovering my equipment costs and confident another hundred won't take long. :cool: :cool: :cool:
Thanks again,
---Jerry

Monkey Bung
12-21-2005, 08:32 PM
2 things...I didn't have any other "river or CFW footage" of the yellow boat.
When it came time to write the bio I tried to get ahold of him to round out the story including some race footage. I called him 4 or 5 times without a response. I even asked Dale to have him call me, again with no luck.
In the end, I decided to use the cfw and Needles footage with Dale Herb and Brian all taking turns at the wheel in the 777 boat,
--Jerry
Sorry. But it still does'nt make it right?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-21-2005, 08:49 PM
Sorry. But it still does'nt make it right?
I'm sorry you feel that way. Feel free to call me if you want to discuss it. :clover:
(909) 466-1743
--Jerry

msmeads1
12-21-2005, 09:12 PM
just finished watching my copy that came in the mail today.
Can't wait for Needles and CFW this year.
GREAT JOB JERRY
Happy Holiday's

MikeF
12-21-2005, 09:17 PM
While I did feel a little of a loss at that section of footage, and then the way Jer explained the situation in his post. I look at it this way.
Ace.....love15,
Ace.....love30,
Ace.....love40....Game, Jerry
Ball was in his court and could not return the serve. You can only do what you can do. :rollside:

syndicate
12-22-2005, 06:54 AM
AWESOME JOB JERRY!!!!! :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

BILLY.B
12-22-2005, 07:54 AM
Sorry. But it still does'nt make it right?Who knows why Brian didn't call Jerry back, only Brian does. But Jerry has over 3yrs into this footage and Jerry has always been willing to do whatever it takes to make a great movie and to promote the sport, and try to bring laughs to all of us. I have been over to his house and seen the pain staking steps he goes through to make a quality movie for us to see and I seriously doubt that there are to many of us who would hold down a regular job during the day and do this on the side with the hopes that it would sell. Bottom line.......You can't please everyone, and there is nothing worse then to put your heart & sole into a project and then have somebody come by and burst your bubble. Brian has a very very good running boat and us regulars have seen it run many times (and win) and Brian has nothing to be ashamed of...
PS...I got a copy and i'm waiting until the premier. The rest of you that have seen it and are attending the premier have NO WILL POWER!!!. And there better not be anybody yelling in the theater about a scene before it happens or and i'm quoting here... "Rattle Can Lou" will have your ASS!!!

Rattle Can Lou
12-22-2005, 08:02 AM
I Love You Billy!!
I did make some brash statements. Just remember I am 6'5" and about 250 lbs..

Rattle Can Lou
12-22-2005, 08:03 AM
Shit! I mean 5'6" and about 250...

BILLY.B
12-22-2005, 08:07 AM
Shit! I mean 5'6" and about 250...NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I was going to call you out on the 6'5" deal but your getting quicker Chief!!!

superdave013
12-22-2005, 09:27 AM
well now we know who's nuts Bung is swing on. :crossx:

CircleJerk
12-22-2005, 09:41 AM
Havent gotten mine yet! But I'm sure its BAD!

Schiada76
12-22-2005, 10:14 AM
Shit! I mean 5'6" and about 250...
Girth?

Sangster
12-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Ordered mine this morning...It will be great to see some more of the SoCal boats that are out there as well as everyone else's.. :) :) :)

Jetboatguru
12-22-2005, 10:50 AM
I'll throw my pennies in here on the Pinckney deal.
In my opinion, Brian is one of the best flatbottom drivers PERIOD! He brings a boat out the way it should be and many people could learn from him. I would not blink an eye at putting him in any boat and turning him loose. He has proven to be a top shelf, safe driver that wins more than his share of races. Like Billy stated, Brian has nothing to be ashamed of. I do agree that there could have been more footage of the yellow boat. However, this was more of a river deal and it featured some racing. At the risk of divulging anymore material of what is on the DVD I will stop it here.
Bung, I can appreciate your allegiance to Brian, but maybe you should call Jerry of PM him about it.
Tony

Bobbo541
12-22-2005, 10:53 AM
I just ordered mine today cant wait sounds like a great dvd.

Rattle Can Lou
12-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Jerry, Just ordered mine but don't want to watch it yet. Can you just bring the copy to the premiere??? That way you can bone me on the 5.00 freight. Just a little profit center for ya. Besides I trust you more than the mail.

Lost Wages
12-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Jerry...............I don't want this thread to be about the negatives of the video. The video was professionally done in my opinion with the exception of my 6 seconds of "fame". To clear the air for all, I told Jerry that I was embarassed about the mishap in Needles and would appreciate not being published in RR II. This conversation happened more than once throughout the past couple of years. When it came down to the last minute, I received a couple of phone calls from Jerry, obviously knowing what he wanted and elected to not return the calls. You can only tell a person so many times that you don't want to participate. I felt that this was a selfish move due to the fact that Jerry clearly understood that I didn't want this to be published. However we all know that, crashes SELL video's. The damage is already done, and it's not that big of a deal.
Next time Jerry, it would be nice to show at least one pass of Lost Wages running further than 65 feet.

Snowboat
12-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the DVD. It's very enjoyable, especially when you need a little winter motivation. Great photography, Jerry and a nice narration, Wayne. Merry Christmas.

olbiezer
12-22-2005, 02:32 PM
got mine today finally....man those mail men must be using jet boats they are slow here in mississippi lol........just watched the first vid....great jerry loved it.

DUNDUN
12-22-2005, 05:42 PM
shit! you guys have me stoked to see it. im planning on ordering sometime next week. :rollside:

Bt273
12-22-2005, 08:35 PM
I ordered mine sat,still haven't received it,the mail man sucks,on pins and needles until I have it!!!!!!!!

24ROD
12-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Great job on both I and II Jerry.

GofastRacer
12-23-2005, 09:06 AM
Watched the second half and it's totally awesome!.. :cool: :cool:

dmontzsta
12-23-2005, 10:12 AM
Watched the second half and it's totally awesome!.. :cool: :cool:
What about that one part where the boat...

Rattle Can Lou
12-23-2005, 11:27 AM
Donald..You don't want an ass whoopin do ya? I think I can find you in a crownd of 200. I have to keep my word to Billy and the brutha's.

dmontzsta
12-23-2005, 11:35 AM
Donald..You don't want an ass whoopin do ya? I think I can find you in a crownd of 200. I have to keep my word to Billy and the brutha's.
Please not Disco Lou, It would be very humiliating to be jumped by the bee gees.

Rattle Can Lou
12-23-2005, 11:41 AM
I like that...It has a nice flavor
Disco Lou..yeah that's the ticket...
Stayin Alive, Stayin Alive..

dmontzsta
12-23-2005, 11:42 AM
I like that...It has a nice flavor
Disco Lou..yeah that's the ticket...
Stayin Alive, Stayin Alive..
LOL, you werent supposed to like it.
I am going to PM you with a few of my favorite parts of the movie. I will give you the times, as well as what happens before so you know what to expect.

Rattle Can Lou
12-23-2005, 11:52 AM
Mr. Montza, I am leaving to go meet 20 of my closest drinking buddies down the street at the local watering hole. It's called the Stage Coach. Imagine that in Boise, Idaho. Anyway, the point is I will probably be off the computer for the rest of the weekend. I know, I know. I don't know how I am going to do it, but I will try. SO if you PM me I will not read it...I hope you know that I am Bullsh....g you. I don't whoop a man's ass until I know I can...

dmontzsta
12-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Mr. Montza, I am leaving to go meet 20 of my closest drinking buddies down the street at the local watering hole. It's called the Stage Coach. Imagine that in Boise, Idaho. Anyway, the point is I will probably be off the computer for the rest of the weekend. I know, I know. I don't know how I am going to do it, but I will try. SO if you PM me I will not read it...I hope you know that I am Bullsh....g you. I don't whoop a man's ass until I know I can...
Mr. Lou, it is the internet.

steve d
12-23-2005, 01:33 PM
Just arrived back from the Bolt Nazis...Fetched my copy. Thanks Jerry.

FLYTE RISK
12-24-2005, 09:47 AM
cool video nice job Jerry!! :rollside:

VD CRUISER
12-24-2005, 11:36 AM
Received mine today, just in time for Christmas. :)

Klass Klown
12-28-2005, 04:27 PM
Jerry...............I don't want this thread to be about the negatives of the video. The video was professionally done in my opinion with the exception of my 6 seconds of "fame". To clear the air for all, I told Jerry that I was embarassed about the mishap in Needles and would appreciate not being published in RR II. This conversation happened more than once throughout the past couple of years. When it came down to the last minute, I received a couple of phone calls from Jerry, obviously knowing what he wanted and elected to not return the calls. You can only tell a person so many times that you don't want to participate. I felt that this was a selfish move due to the fact that Jerry clearly understood that I didn't want this to be published. However we all know that, crashes SELL video's. The damage is already done, and it's not that big of a deal.
Next time Jerry, it would be nice to show at least one pass of Lost Wages running further than 65 feet.
Holy Toledo what is this fella's prob. Holy Moses since when do you have to inquire about a video you took at a public Venue???

Doin' Time
01-04-2006, 03:24 PM
just watched it....great video!

dmontzsta
01-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Now that everyone has seen it, lets talk about it? I do not have to worry about Lou jumping me any longer. :)
No sense in letting this thread die out. :D Winter is still here and we have a little time left until summer. :)

Beautiful Noise
01-27-2006, 02:13 PM
I just had Shoulder Surgery yesterday so I'm sure I'll be watching it quite a few times while I'm off :)

MikeF
01-27-2006, 04:11 PM
I just had Shoulder Surgery yesterday so I'm sure I'll be watching it quite a few times while I'm off :)
I bought just after surgery on the knee. :boxed: Kinda gives cabin fever a new meaning. :cool:
Hope all is well Steve!

Boat211
01-27-2006, 10:11 PM
Im not one for tv. I usually fall asleep as soon as I sit down at night. I try to get to bed around 9 or so. My copy came in the mail, and I tried not to get too excited about it. When I went to bed at 10 that night I put it on. I watched that fricken thing to the end(the first one anyway). I really enjoyed it. My wife could not believe I was awake at the end. We are in to ski racing so the v bottoms suit us better but I will tell one thing, I sure could use a B-boat right about now. Billy B's boat is awsome, along with Tony's.
Thanks