PDA

View Full Version : Racing suits?

mostly crue
05-24-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm looking to get a new racing suit (possibly before Burley). Anybody got any
favorites? Thanks.

adjones419
05-24-2007, 12:51 PM
I wear a Lifeline nomex, very nice! Second choice would be Simpson.

dossangers
05-24-2007, 01:14 PM
APBA requires cut proof kevlar or equiv. suits lifeline has them!

WannabeRacing
05-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Security Race Products. Good stuff, good prices and boater friendly. Cut suits to karting suits to fuel funny car stuff.
http://www.securityrace.com/
I wouldn't put a Simpson on my dog. (But that is just an ethics, political and customer relations debate. Nothing about quality.)

gn7
05-24-2007, 02:13 PM
ah come on, he gone, it's ok to deal with them now. don't you really mean you would rather stick your head in a toilet bowl than a IMPACT helmet

kipperps28
05-24-2007, 02:18 PM
I agree with Security Race Products. Call Scott 425-557-6508. If you want it by Burley, call today. SRP has been taking care of me for over 10 years, and they are the best.
Kip

mostly crue
05-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks guys for all the input!

fc-pilot
05-24-2007, 03:13 PM
I have learned that Simpson is run as a business. SRP is a company that provides a service and just happens to make money in the process. Simpson does not need your business, and they are not afraid to let you know that. There are others out there providing a service so why bother with someone that does not care about me? I have not dealt directly with lifeline so I can't say what that is like, but it could not be anything like Simpson or they would have been out of business long ago.
Paul

adjones419
05-24-2007, 04:23 PM
My dealings with Lifeline have been great. Chute jacket, ballistic shorts, shoes, driving suit...all of mine came from Lifeline.

dossangers
05-24-2007, 04:27 PM
I like LIFELINE because Bill has spent his life protecting boat racers and is the nicest guy in the buisiness! He is always at the races to help anybody out superior proven products!!

SK48
05-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Wayne, Bill sold Lifeline about a year and a half ago. Kent now runs it, it is a different place.

Chris Kenner - PS681
05-24-2007, 09:21 PM
Like Kip & Paul said SRP Race Products are by far the superior marine racing safety equpiment provider. They have been looking after me for over 5 years now with all my gear. Awesome people & great products. Give Scott or Tracy a call. www.securityrace.com

hondo Jim
05-24-2007, 09:44 PM
My dealings with Lifeline have been great. Chute jacket, ballistic shorts, shoes, driving suit...all of mine came from Lifeline.
I've had a jacket recertified last year and bought all new jacket shorts the works this year and they are real good with costomer service.never delt with anyone else or had to.

Cheyenne372
05-25-2007, 03:54 AM
Wayne, Bill sold Lifeline about a year and a half ago. Kent now runs it, it is a different place.
You can say that again......!
I sent my chute jacket out for re-cert.....was quoted a price of $90.00 plus shipping and when I got my C/C bill, there was almost $200 on there for new zippers, new extension (they kept my old one), a new belt (I had the other one that I kept because they lost one in the past, so I took it off before I sent it this time).
In my business, if other things need to be done other than what I quoted, I call to get approval before. I probably would have considered a new jacket if I'd have known that I needed $200 in repairs.

sanger ss396
05-25-2007, 11:21 AM
i had SRP repack and recert and add helmet restraint to my jacket the total cost including shipping was $175.00. also i know almost all of the boat racer's in the north west use them for the kevlar race suits and they look great. there is a lot of different colors a person can get. great people to deal with. the service was great.

cdba036
05-29-2007, 09:16 PM
SRP is the sh$t! Al's been helping me out for years. Nicest people around and like said before, run to help you out not just as a business. They been in boat racing since the start!
Doug