PDA

View Full Version : whiskey&water testing

whiskey & water
05-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Here is little something before redbluff test tune
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=128130

Sangster
05-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Good to hear your going again Joe................

fltflyn
05-25-2007, 09:49 AM
sounded pretty weak to me !!!!!!!!!!!:D

scottys
05-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Sounds like Gas.Thought that was a alcohol deal.

Fancy Sausage
05-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Hey Joe...
I was thinking about your V-drive /propshaft breakage on the way home from the races and I am still having trouble believing the prop did't hit something submeged to have that kind of force to not only pull the prop out of the coupler but right out of the boat through the strut.
Be sure to take some pictures of the damage and post them. I am curious what some of the other seasoned guys think.
Good thing is that it did pull free at high speed versus hanging up and creating alot of drag without whirlaway. Lucky you did not sink...
Good talking to you guys Saturday, we were pretty tired after working on the Fear Factor boat all day....
Let me know where/when you are getting your Casale box replacement stuff...I need to pick up a whirlaway also...
Check your PM

whiskey & water
05-29-2007, 04:48 AM
Wall fly ryan where were you, not red bluff of course. Me and dave left alot of metal their. But all and all had a great time
The boat is on alcohol

fltflyn
05-29-2007, 06:08 AM
Got a real job now. Can't leave on a wim anymore. You and Dave can't hang out anymore if you both are gonna keep breakin shit. What went wrong on yours? I hope to see you guys on the rope at some point this year. Ryan

whiskey & water
05-29-2007, 07:03 AM
Ryan my v-drive housing where the whirlway goes shattered then the prop shaft pulled itself off of the prop shaft coupler and safety collar taking out the shaft log housing. The prop shaft and propellor went right out the boat and across dave's lane. Rescue did an awesome job in saving my boat.

SANGER-RICH
05-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Ryan my v-drive housing where the whirlway goes shattered then the prop shaft pulled itself off of the prop shaft coupler and safety collar taking out the shaft log housing. The prop shaft and propellor went right out the boat and across dave's lane. Rescue did an awesome job in saving my boat.
Glad you are alright and your boat was not torn up more, I got it on vidio , the next time you go to pcr and we see each other, you can see your run if no one else vidioed it for you.:D

whiskey & water
05-30-2007, 05:59 AM
Sanger-rich sweet like to see it. In the video can you see anything flying out the back like the prop shaft and prop

fltflyn
05-30-2007, 06:12 AM
wow joe that sux. did it hurt the boat at all? if they didn't find your prop I think they are letting the water out on sept.15th might wanna be the first one there. sorry to here this happened glad you made it out alright. Ryan

Sangster
05-30-2007, 08:23 AM
Sanger-rich sweet like to see it. In the video can you see anything flying out the back like the prop shaft and prop
You cheap ass........:D :D :D .. Go buy a "NEW" one....:D ..Glad to hear your OK & the boats repairable...

whiskey & water
05-30-2007, 08:36 AM
You cheap ass........:D :D :D .. Go buy a "NEW" one....:D ..Glad to hear your OK & the boats repairable...
ya now I have to buy beer with a born on date before i was born.

78Eliminator
05-30-2007, 11:29 AM
ya now I have to buy beer with a born on date before i was born.
Do you have any pics of the damage of your boat? I am interested to see what happens to a boat when it loses the entire prop and prop shaft. Did your strut hold up when this happened?

Heatseeker
05-30-2007, 11:30 AM
W & W, I saw your run when you lost the parts. I did see something splash down on the spectator side of the track(between the shore and the ad buoys), although it wasn't the shaft and prop. Might have been the safety collar?
I'm glad to hear that the damage wasn't worse and look forward to seeing you run next year @ Red Bluff.

whiskey & water
05-30-2007, 12:43 PM
elim--- The strut stayed intacted but cracked in the front of the barrel. It appears that the house of the v-drive that holds the whirlaway cracked apart and in that released the prop shaft. In this the prop pulled the shaft out of the boat pull the shaft from the coupler and upper and lower safety collars.
I will try to get some pic to show damage

78Eliminator
05-30-2007, 12:45 PM
elim--- The strut stayed intacted but cracked in the front of the barrel. It appears that the house of the v-drive that holds the whirlaway cracked apart and in that released the prop shaft. In this the prop pulled the shaft out of the boat pull the shaft from the coupler and upper and lower safety collars.
I will try to get some pic to show damage
That must have been quite a ride. How far down the track were you?

Sangster
05-30-2007, 01:01 PM
Hey Joe....When was the last time you checked the Whirlaway... They do need periodical servicing...If they spin without making alot of ratching noise its time to service them... Usually just a weak spring that needs to be replaced...The spring breaks & it usually takes the whirlaway out.......

78Eliminator
05-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Hey Joe....When was the last time you checked the Whirlaway... They do need periodical servicing...If they spin without making alot of ratching noise its time to service them... Usually just a weak spring that needs to be replaced...The spring breaks & it usually takes the whirlaway out.......
Mine doesn't make any noise at all. What does a "service" consist of?

whiskey & water
05-30-2007, 01:24 PM
sanger-----the spring and the dogs where still in the boat. That is one of the things that tech checks in your boat. And yes they made a good snaping sound. The dogs where not broken up or the input shaft from the v-drive either