PDA

View Full Version : Chino to Sacramento and Back in 1 Day

Boozer
05-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Is this realistic?
Mapquest says it 420 miles each way. I need to meet with a client in Sacramento. My plan is to leave around 4am, meet the client for lunch and discuss a few things, then head back to Chino and do this all in one day.
Anyone ever done this?
I thought about flying in and having the meeting at the airport but the airfare is more expensive from LA to SAC then it is from Denver to LA. :eek: :eek:

Mrs.Racer277
05-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Is this realistic?
Mapquest says it 420 miles each way. I need to meet with a client in Sacramento. My plan is to leave around 4am, meet the client for lunch and discuss a few things, then head back to Chino and do this all in one day.
Anyone ever done this?
I thought about flying in and having the meeting at the airport but the airfare is more expensive from LA to SAC then it is from Denver to LA. :eek: :eek:
Sounds about right....Hubby does day trips for work farther up north then that atleast once a month.

boater72
05-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Can be done but makes for a long day. We are leaving for a race in Redding at 4am ourselves tomorrow and will pass through Sac around 11-11:30 or so.

AirtimeLavey
05-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Drink a few Red Bulls and you're good to go. I drove to Medford, OR (720+ miles) in one shot w/o a problem. Another 100 miles wouldn't have killed me. I just wouldn't have a beer w/lunch. :D

Rackman
05-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Is this realistic?
Anyone ever done this?
If you can book 14 days out, Southwest flies from Ontario to Sac. for $49 each way. Depending what you are driving, you would likely spend that much on fuel. :)

Riveratz
05-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Is this realistic?
Anyone ever done this?
Done it a handful of times back in the late 90's. Makes for a long day.

burtandnancy2
05-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Do it all the time, figure about 12 hours of driving, plus the meeting...

SMFRiverRat
05-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Why don't you fly and rent a car?

anxious
05-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Boozer,
Not a problem. I do the drive from Colorado Springs to Brea 1,080 miles in about 15 hours total. Only stop twice for gas, food, and bathroom.

zudnic
05-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Up until a couple of months ago, I was doing the same miles and round trip once per week. Also drove Seattle to LA 8 or 9 times last year non-stop. best advice is to stay up as late as you can and wake up early a few times before you make a trip like this.

lewiville
05-24-2007, 02:36 PM
If you can book 14 days out, Southwest flies from Ontario to Sac. for $49 each way. Depending what you are driving, you would likely spend that much on fuel. :)
that is what I was goiong to say. Fly it.

76ANTHONY
05-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Is this realistic?
Anyone ever done this?
left palm springs at 3 am, had a morning meeting in fresno, left there and went to san fran and got home that night, woooweeeeee long azz day, but yes it can be done.....lots a coffee, moutain dew, and munchies:D

Ziggy
05-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Is this realistic?
Anyone ever done this?
Rather ironic the mileage one way for ya........:D:D:D
Full tank of gas, you got your shades on..........ROAD TRIP!

HocusPocus
05-24-2007, 02:57 PM
im sure there are alot of current and former truckers who see that as a good days run. :D

Baja Big Dog
05-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Did Truckee and back in one trip, no problem, got home and slept for 12 hours, dad said.."son, does that make sense to drive all that way and sleep when you get home?"
Makes a lot more sense now that Im older....:D

deltarat
05-24-2007, 03:41 PM
I was talking to my neighbor one night and told him I was gonna go to LA and back in one day, he through up the BS flag and I told him if he needed anything while I was there I would be glad to pick it up for him. He said in typical fasion bring me back a SoCal Boat Trader..lol. So I left Discovery Bay at 3:30 am and drove to Burbank to drop off some test equipment, grabbed a cup of coffee and hit the road; I was back in Discovery Bay at 2:00 pm drinking beer and flipping through the SoCal boat trader with him laughing. The answer is yes it can be done, I dont know where Chino is in relation to Burbank but Discovery Bay is 45 south of Sac and I was in Burbank by 7:00. I will tell you this you will have a clear ride on your early morning trip bit once the traffic hits the road you can expect to slow down and it will take you longer to get back then it does to get there.

Brewzed
05-24-2007, 03:44 PM
We fly to Sac town on Southwest all the time for work up and back the same day. Cool thing about Southwest is if you pay full fair you can change your return flight to an earlier flight w/o any additional charge. We usually buy our tickest the day before, because we never really know our schedule. I think its only about $220 or so roundtrip. Gas will cost you at least half that if not more. What's your time worth?

racecar.hotshoe
05-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Last week I went from Palm Springs to Merced back to Palm Spring's went home and picked up Melissa then drove to Monterey nonstop.It was no big deal for me.:D

Steamin' Rice
05-24-2007, 03:57 PM
I did a day trip from PHX to Corona and back to pick up the boat a few months ago - It was a long day, but not too bad. I think It took me about 12 hrs door to door.

RiverToysJas
05-24-2007, 03:58 PM
When I was a kid, I heard about these two guys that made a beer run on a bet from Atlanta Georgia to Texarkana Texas and back in 28 hours. No problem.
RTJas :D

slotracer
05-24-2007, 07:51 PM
anything is possible. i drove to havasu from stockton and back in one day. did bullhead city also. L.A. is a hop and skip do it all the time. just get a good night sleep and leave early:D

77charger
05-24-2007, 08:05 PM
yes can be done you will be tired when you get back but possible.
Few months back i went from fullerton to Lodi 380 miles each way left here at 5 am stoped in merced where we use to have a house at to see it then off to a local lake we use to go to(hadnt been in the area in about 20 years) then continued to Lodi got there by noon then spent 10 minutes dropping off motor then back to drivin home got back by 5:45pm just in time to drive in LAs peak traffic :D I also drive fast too

Riverkid
05-24-2007, 08:18 PM
We did it from Corona to SAC to get a nice Chevelle. It snowed on the grapevine, plus pulling a car trailer... It's easy, but you're done the next day.

ahhell
05-24-2007, 08:18 PM
forget it....it just cant be done
:D

Baja Big Dog
05-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Dont do it....:(

Eliminator 4 Life
05-24-2007, 08:59 PM
I live an hour south of sac and I have driven from my house to Mira Loma and turned arond and drove back the same day. It was on a friday I left here at 9am and I was towing a boat. I got stuck in all kinds of traffic and I made it back home by midnight. Like posted above drink some red bulls and hit starbucks you will be okay.