PDA

View Full Version : who likes sushi?

halfhers
05-24-2007, 06:52 PM
who at HB likes sushi? my chef at our local sushi bar hook it up today with some oyster shooters out of this world :D

BadKachina
05-24-2007, 06:54 PM
love it.

Baja Big Dog
05-24-2007, 06:55 PM
UNI!!!

topless
05-24-2007, 06:57 PM
UNI!!!I love sushi but UNI SUX!!!!

zudnic
I'm a sushi addict closes place to my house is 3hrs away. When in So Cal. have it every day, either lunch or dinner......

Tom Brown
I love sushi.
I also love having fingers that smell like my girlfriend's orgasm. Those are the days I spend with a digit jammed knuckle deep in one nostril. As each finger is vacuumed fresh, it is removed from my sinus and fresh musk inserted.

halfhers
05-24-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm a sushi addict closes place to my house is 3hrs away. When in So Cal. have it every day, either lunch or dinner......
i eat it at least once or twice a week. there are many place to choice from, but once you fine a good place and chef just stay with the same good place.

riverracerXXX
05-24-2007, 07:13 PM
Love it! Just moved to Riverside and looking for good sushi restaurants.

Ion
05-24-2007, 07:14 PM
me luv sushi longtime

Jyruiz
05-24-2007, 07:18 PM
I love sushi.
I also love having fingers that smell like my girlfriend's orgasm. Those are the days I spend with a digit jammed knuckle deep in one nostril. As each finger is vacuumed fresh, it is removed from my sinus and fresh musk inserted.
LMAO!
And no here, I don't bait food.:)

Rocknpalms
05-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Love it. Uni, Toro, mmmmmmmm
We go once a week to Love boat in Temecula also have Sushi parties and make our own. check this place out http://www.catalinaop.com/. Great fish never had a bad order. Delivered next day.

LuckyStrike
05-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Talk To Wicky.....he Converted Me:d :d :d

Racey
05-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Uni sucks ass!!!!! Albacore, unagi, mackeral, goood

Havasu1986
05-24-2007, 07:20 PM
If it doesn't come thru a window...I'm probably not eating it. :D

zudnic
05-24-2007, 07:53 PM
i eat it at least once or twice a week. there are many place to choice from, but once you fine a good place and chef just stay with the same good place.
I live in Central Washington State small town non-sushi eating ville..... Good places I like finding them, espc when the chef starts making special treats for you.

rivrrts429
05-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Quail Eggs w/ salmon :eat:

BigBoyBlue
05-24-2007, 08:04 PM
Ive converted 6 people into sushi fanatics. Im a fiend for the stuff. I can eat it everyday. Very healthy and pure. I like exotic stuff.

HM
05-24-2007, 08:05 PM
I could eat sushi every single day. And I eat the real sushi...not the fancy dresseb up blobs of rice with fried shrimp and fake crab (o.k., I eat some of that too). :D

zudnic
05-24-2007, 08:17 PM
I could eat sushi every single day. And I eat the real sushi...not the fancy dresseb up blobs of rice with fried shrimp and fake crab (o.k., I eat some of that too). :D
My Brother's best friend since pre-school is Japanese, so we use to eat at their place all the time.....Yep, could eat it every day including the stuff they call Sushi at Whole Foods Market. I started eatin sushi back in the late 70's long before it was trendy...... :D

halfhers
05-24-2007, 08:31 PM
I live in Central Washington State small town non-sushi eating ville..... Good places I like finding them, espc when the chef starts making special treats for you.
special treat! where do i start...just buy your chef a drink and talk to him and they will give you free sushi, i perfer sashima all kinds, have you had fatty tuna? i converted my wife and friends they can't stop eating it.

Lavey29
05-24-2007, 08:37 PM
special treat! where do i start...just buy your chef a drink and talk to him and they will give you free sushi, i perfer sashima all kinds, have you had fatty tuna? i converted my wife and friends they can't stop eating it.
where do you usually go half? I like Satsuma down off foothill and ramona...

HavaSkank
05-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Love it! Just moved to Riverside and looking for good sushi restaurants.
Dude, head North on the 215, exit Washington and try Sayakas. It's on the right, in the Walmart shopping center. Sit at Miquel's sushi bar....yes, Miquel, an Hispanic sushi chef. The dude is the best. I'll be there tomorrow night as a matter o' fact.

HM
05-24-2007, 08:42 PM
My Brother's best friend since pre-school is Japanese, so we use to eat at their place all the time.....Yep, could eat it every day including the stuff they call Sushi at Whole Foods Market. I started eatin sushi back in the late 70's long before it was trendy...... :D
I didn't start eating sushi until the early 90's only because I had never tried it. I went to dinner with an important client from Japan who spoke very little english who pushed a plate of sushi at me saying "you eat." We had a big group and the pressue was on for me to comply. So, I ate it and was pissed I hadn't tried it previously.

HavaSkank
05-24-2007, 08:48 PM
who at HB likes sushi? my chef at our local sushi bar hook it up today with some oyster shooters out of this world :D
Ken's in Rancho is pretty good too. The atmosphere looks like the interior of a grandma's doublewide, but the fish is fresh. There's usually hot guys in there too....or they just appear to get hotter after my 3rd large Asahi

zudnic
05-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Sashimi is my favorite, shocked Whole Foods has it in select stores (Brentwood, Santa Monica, Bev Hills) and fatty tuna is one of my favorites....

HM
05-24-2007, 08:53 PM
BTW - about 99% of the sushi places use frozen fish. The vast majority is frozen in a light saki/wine to kill off the bugs. The saki actually stops it from freezing solid and the alcohol helps kill bacteria, but the sushi must be stored just below freezing for a certain time period.
If you have ever been out fishing in the ocean and made up your own sushi, you will taste a noticeable difference.
There are a few places that use non-frozen fish. The handling and inspection requirements of the non-frozen fish are so tedious and expensive, that the price ends up being ridiculous for most people. There are a couple places in OC that I know that don't use frozen fish: Koto and Treasures. You will spend a minimum of $150 per person.

27 Awesome cat
05-24-2007, 08:55 PM
I like them 911's:D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/but12104nice.jpg

halfhers
05-24-2007, 09:19 PM
lavey29- i like going to DONO SUHSI. on Foothill & Heaven. n/e corner where wells fargo bank use to be at. i tried other places including Satsuma & Ken's. ken's is over price, also tokyo-tokyo. PM me and we'll meet one day for sushi...

Tom Brown
05-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Koto and Treasures. You will spend a minimum of $150 per person.
That's a reasonable price for finger sniffing good sushi. :cool:

zudnic
05-24-2007, 09:20 PM
There are a few places that use non-frozen fish. The handling and inspection requirements of the non-frozen fish are so tedious and expensive, that the price ends up being ridiculous for most people. There are a couple places in OC that I know that don't use frozen fish: Koto and Treasures. You will spend a minimum of $150 per person.
I'm duel, so grew up in both the U.S and Canada. The handling and inspection requirements are less stringent in Canada. So the prices are a little less crazy in BC... At $150 per cheaper to fly up to Vancouver for lunch. There is an all you can eat sushi and shasimi place in Richmond, 5 minutes from Vans intl. airport. $24 per person, I took a couple of people there and they said it was the best place they had ever eatin at. This place for Van is average to me and they use non-frozen.... One of the people was Japanese.

Thorsinc
05-24-2007, 09:40 PM
lavey29- i like going to DONO SUHSI. on Foothill & Heaven. n/e corner where wells fargo bank use to be at. i tried other places including Satsuma & Ken's. ken's is over price, also tokyo-tokyo. PM me and we'll meet one day for sushi...
I am a fan of Kens, Bradman and I use to go once a week at least, and we both look like we live in a double wide so I cant argue with you on that. Hey Bradman lunch if I am not leaving early for havasu? Its gonna suck for you this weekend staying home. The least I can do is buy you lunch cuz Sat night i just may have to drunk dial you and tell you about all the hot chicks at my house. You in halfhers for the lunch part?

27 Awesome cat
05-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Would you guys shut it!!!!!!!!!!! I'm hungry:mad:

DeltaSigBoater
05-24-2007, 10:14 PM
If you have ever been out fishing in the ocean and made up your own sushi, you will taste a noticeable difference.
Best Sushi I've ever had, gave new meaning to the word FRESH. :D

locogringo
05-24-2007, 10:16 PM
In the "IE" The best places to go, IMO, are JOE'S SUSHI in Riverside on Van Buren and Magnolia (they are always packed and win these food survey awards al the time. Voted best sushi I don't kow how many times. Plus, it is ALL YOU CAN EAT there as well.
Eat there at least once a week.
2ndly, SHOGUN SUSHI in CORONA is pretty good as well.
HANDs, down, JOe's Kicks Ass!
Daniel

thmper321
05-24-2007, 11:17 PM
In the "IE" The best places to go, IMO, are JOE'S SUSHI in Riverside on Van Buren and Magnolia (they are always packed and win these food survey awards al the time. Voted best sushi I don't kow how many times. Plus, it is ALL YOU CAN EAT there as well.
Eat there at least once a week.
2ndly, SHOGUN SUSHI in CORONA is pretty good as well.
HANDs, down, JOe's Kicks Ass!
Daniel
I will have to try Joe's... Shogun is good and we don't have to wait for the sushi bar. RA at Dos Lagos off the 15 is goos also. More of a party type atmoshepre and they have some americanized rolls for the non-traditional types also. For some reason they like jalapenos.

Jbb
05-25-2007, 12:48 AM
That's a reasonable price for finger sniffing good sushi. :cool:
Finger sniffing good!.....lol
:D

AzLakeLizard
05-25-2007, 05:29 AM
We love sushi!.... yummmmm:)

Pheelin Phroggy
05-25-2007, 06:01 AM
huh.. i was brought up with the understanding that if it smelled like fish, you were not supposed to eat it!

voodoomedman
05-25-2007, 06:04 AM
huh.. i was brought up with the understanding that if it smelled like fish, you were not supposed to eat it!
No the saying goes "If it smells like fish eat all you wish, if it smells like cologne leave it alone". :D

Redwing247
05-25-2007, 06:17 AM
Nozawa in Studio City, try it and you'll taste the difference.:)

707dog
05-25-2007, 06:27 AM
we do the sushi dinner once/ twice a week at a place up here called matsui's usually get the same plates but we always try something diffrent on the side!! well this thread has help me figure out what we are doing for dinner tonight..thanx:D

LeE ss13
05-25-2007, 06:30 AM
I don't know what all the big deal is. I bought some sushi, brought it home and cook it. It tasted just like fish !!!!!!! Go figure.

BADBLOWN572
05-25-2007, 06:45 AM
There is actually a pretty big group of us that usually get together once a week or once every other week and go have sushi. :) Normally we go to Wasabi in Garden Grove. Really good sushi and not too much $$$. We love it! I could eat sushi every day and not get tired of it. Our group consists of:
BB572
Riverbound
BoardsmnJ's
DoF150'sFloat
Knucklehead
Mrs.Knucklehead
DesertGrl
DesertRider
SqueezinSpectra
AtomicKitten
Windy

Baja Big Dog
05-25-2007, 08:44 AM
There is actually a pretty big group of us that usually get together once a week or once every other week and go have sushi. :) Normally we go to Wasabi in Garden Grove. Really good sushi and not too much $$$. We love it! I could eat sushi every day and not get tired of it. Our group consists of:
BB572
Riverbound
BoardsmnJ's
DoF150'sFloat
Knucklehead
Mrs.Knucklehead
DesertGrl
DesertRider
SqueezinSpectra
Meet you guys there in an hour!!:jawdrop:
Hope the Uni is fresh..

BADBLOWN572
05-25-2007, 08:47 AM
Meet you guys there in an hour!!:jawdrop:
Hope the Uni is fresh..
I have not been disappointed with Wasabi yet. There are a couple of places that I have been to that are better, but it is definitely above average in terms of food and cost. :) Will probably hit it up sometime next week when we get back from the river. :)

dunaholic
05-25-2007, 08:49 AM
I have a roll named in my honor at our local sushi bar. You can roll in and order a "Chad" roll. Beat that sukas'.

HavaSkank
05-25-2007, 08:58 AM
I had a "Chad" once, but it was cylindrical meat served in the back seat of a F-150

dunaholic
05-25-2007, 09:01 AM
I had a "Chad" once, but it was cylindrical meat shoved in my back seat
UH......Ok then....:confused:

HavaSkank
05-25-2007, 09:04 AM
hahahhaa nice editing job! I had to look twice. Funny shiat right thar

Windy
05-25-2007, 09:06 AM
BB572
Riverbound
BoardsmnJ's
DoF150'sFloat
Knucklehead
Mrs.Knucklehead
DesertGrl
DesertRider
SqueezinSpectra
How did we not make the list. :(

Baja Big Dog
05-25-2007, 09:09 AM
I have a roll named in my honor at our local sushi bar. You can roll in and order a "Chad" roll. Beat that sukas'.
I had a roll named after me too, but eveyone complained that it tasted like shit!!!:D

dunaholic
05-25-2007, 09:14 AM
If you guys/gals are in the Huntington Beach area, you have to check out Soya on the corner of Springdale and Edinger. It is in the Mario's parking lot. That is the only place I go for Sushi. The chef's name is ken. Tell hin Chad sent you and he will take care of you for sure. Hell let me know if you want to go and I will meet you there.

BADBLOWN572
05-25-2007, 09:40 AM
I had a brain fart. ;) Sorry!!! :(

AirtimeLavey
05-25-2007, 10:03 AM
Kabuki in Victoria Gardens is pretty good. Used to go to Kishi in Upland, a lot. Mosuns in Laguna Beach is probably my favorite. :D

zudnic
05-25-2007, 10:19 AM
So what about sushi places in Northern Cali? I've booked Redding area for arrival on June 1, so might be fun if any sushi fans are in the area to do lunch/dinner one night.....

05-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Tako.....
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u103/1030x/untitled.jpg
At least once a week.
316 N Lemon Ave
Walnut, CA
Phone: (909) 594-4306

Bradman
05-25-2007, 11:06 AM
I am a fan of Kens, Bradman and I use to go once a week at least, and we both look like we live in a double wide so I cant argue with you on that. Hey Bradman lunch if I am not leaving early for havasu? Its gonna suck for you this weekend staying home. The least I can do is buy you lunch cuz Sat night i just may have to drunk dial you and tell you about all the hot chicks at my house. You in halfhers for the lunch part?
Hey Thorsinc,
It's lunch time...lets go!!!!!:D

catman-do
05-25-2007, 11:31 AM
If you live in Rancho, whatever you do DONT GO to DONO!!! That place is horible! Been there twice and had bad sushi both times. Sushi House is good off Foothil and Grove (accross from Vinces Spaghetti). I like their sweet shrimp and Tuna.

Thorsinc
05-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Hey Thorsinc,
It's lunch time...lets go!!!!!:D
Call me I'm in

Bradman
05-25-2007, 11:38 AM
If you live in Rancho, whatever you do DONT GO to DONO!!! That place is horible! Been there twice and had bad sushi both times. Sushi House is good off Foothil and Grove (accross from Vinces Spaghetti). I like their sweet shrimp and Tuna.
I agree. Been there a twice and will not go back.

AirtimeLavey
05-25-2007, 11:43 AM
Me too on Donos. Tried it 2x also, and wasn't impressed. Haven't tried Sushi House, but now that you mention it's decent, we'll check it out. :D

Baja Big Dog
05-25-2007, 11:54 AM
Ken's in Rancho is pretty good too. The atmosphere looks like the interior of a grandma's doublewide, but the fish is fresh. There's usually hot guys in there too....or they just appear to get hotter after my 3rd large Asahi
My niece and her hubby ranted and raved about Kens, so we finally went, what a POS, never had such shitty service, not from one punk, but all of the douche bags waiting on tables. I had to take my glass to the counter to get a refill of fricken coke! Pretty bad when you have a table of 6 people and treat them like shit....the sushi was acceptable, but the service will promote me to NEVER return!
Got alot of attention when I tipped the guy a buck, and I dont hide behind stuff like this, I handed it to him and told him to go back to waiter school!!!

Wet Dream
05-25-2007, 01:38 PM
I have always wanted to try it, but what do you recommend for the beginner? I have no problem getting my feet wet, but I need to hold someones hand. ;)

Tom Brown
05-25-2007, 01:41 PM
I have always wanted to try it, but what do you recommend for the beginner?
Unagi. It's the cheeseburger of the sushi world.

Baja Big Dog
05-25-2007, 01:43 PM
I have always wanted to try it, but what do you recommend for the beginner? I have no problem getting my feet wet, but I need to hold someones hand. ;)
Stick to the fish...salmon, tuna etc
Avoid the bait that is used to catch the above mentioned fish...mackrel, squid etc..:D

Wet Dream
05-25-2007, 01:52 PM
You guys are making my mouth water. I could go for fried squid and calamari steak Monterey style. :D

halfhers
05-25-2007, 06:17 PM
you guys had a bad chef at Dono's, i have been there several times and it's great! anybody in Rancho who wants to go eat sushi let me know, anywhwere in Rancho, i'm game as long as it's good....
1. Halfhers

Kim Hanson
05-25-2007, 06:30 PM
I love that stuff..........( . )( . )........I eat at the Y ;)

Kim Hanson
05-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Wicky converted me, love the stuff............eat it as much as I can..........( . )( . )............:D :D

Ziggy
05-25-2007, 06:44 PM
http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/puke.gif
I start to upchuck thinking about eating raw fish........:eek:

Kim Hanson
05-25-2007, 06:47 PM
http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/puke.gif
I start to upchuck thinking about eating raw fish........:eek:
So you don't eat at the " Y "........( . )( . )..........:D :D

Cigalert
05-26-2007, 06:29 AM
Jun at O Toro sushi in Mission Viejo is the chit. He gave me his cell and said to call him anytime I'm hungry. We've used this method at 10-11 at night. He goes in back and whips up some of the good stuff. Then we pay him back by taking him to Captain Creams (booby bar). Needless to say, his daughter hates when we come in cause daddy doesn't come home.
http://www.tradedforwheat.com/meshugenah/images/donger.jpg

HavaSkank
05-26-2007, 06:34 AM
Fish for fish. Nice barter system

sleekcraft80
05-26-2007, 07:03 AM
This is the only sushi I would want to eat

HavaSkank
05-26-2007, 07:18 AM
It looks more like a rump roast if you ask me

sleekcraft80
05-26-2007, 07:25 AM
It looks more like a rump roast if you ask me
Rump roast works! :D Besides Sushi reminds me of cut up bait. :yuk:

Ziggy
05-26-2007, 07:34 AM
So you don't eat at the " Y "........( . )( . )..........:D :D
Clam is good......no wiat, its excellent !:)

Wife's Money
05-26-2007, 08:16 AM
Sushi Umi in Upland at the N/W corner of Foothill and Benson is really good. Also California Garden sushi in Rancho next to Sycamore Inn has a huge selection and it's very good. :)

halfhers
05-26-2007, 01:29 PM
you guys had a bad chef at Dono's, i have been there several times and it's great! anybody in Rancho who wants to go eat sushi let me know, anywhwere in Rancho, i'm game as long as it's good....
1. Halfhers
any rancho hb people out there?...