PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a crank for a BBC?

djdtpr
08-22-2002, 07:56 PM
In need of a 4.00 BBC crank.I had a 4.25 crank that i just broke but im gonna put a 468 together for the rest of the summer if any one has a crank let me know what u want for it.

Jordy
08-22-2002, 08:24 PM
Sure, now that my motor is back together. I was going to sell my forged GM crank and go with the Scat billet but figured it would be another thing to try and sell and just take up garage space until I did. Now it is back in the boat that runs, so sorry I can't help. Too bad you didn't need one a month ago... LOL
Jordy :D

razor1115
08-23-2002, 03:36 AM
I've got a GM forged Gen VI (one piece seal).
It IS turned 20/30. I have no problem using it but wanted to let you know up front FYI
Zack :)

djdtpr
08-23-2002, 08:03 AM
Razor i am running a genIV with a 2 piece rear main thanks for trying to help out.
Jordy a month ago i didnt think anything was wrong i just took this thing apart to put some new bearings and a new oil pump in it cause i had a lot of runs on it.Oh well i think ill go dig through my storage i may find something there i hope.

SCHIADA 21 RC
08-23-2002, 09:53 AM
Hi DJD, I am curious, who is the manufacture of the 4.25 crank that broke? Do you have any idea why it let go?

djdtpr
08-23-2002, 12:44 PM
The crank was a scat crank.We think it cracked when the fly weight came off the flexplate and went through the bottom of the boat.Thats all we can figure everything else was in good shape.

Fiat48
08-23-2002, 09:48 PM
I have 2 454 LS-7 type steel cranks. Both have been keywayed for blower hubs. One is 10/10 and I think the other one is 20/10 as I remember. Both have about 15 runs on them. They are in good shape. I just pulled them out of the drag cars to try a couple of eagle cranks. I can polish them and balance them (if you know the bobweight). I am in Sparks, Nevada if you are in the area and want to see them.

smalls
08-24-2002, 05:43 AM
Ive got a standard steel 454 crank. Email me if you still need one.........

djdtpr
08-24-2002, 12:09 PM
Fiat thanks i am in CA near Palm Springs,and my buddy that has a machine shop is on vacation so i couldnt even guess what the bob weight is he has the card with all the imfo on it at the shop.Iappreciat the offer though i may still be interested in one of them though let me know how much u want.
Smalls i sent u a email maybe we could hook up or something and i could look at the crank u have.

GofastRacer
08-24-2002, 01:09 PM
HUFFPOWER:
i'm 99.5% positive that scat cranks are produced in tiawain,thus the low price they cost.i'll stick with a real chevy/la billett/lunati/kroptonite,u.s. made crank.They are Tiawain crap, I heard a lot of bad stuff about their cranks!!........ frown

djdtpr
08-24-2002, 09:31 PM
Well i got a crank from Dan at Canyon Marine,he is a life saver one of the nicest guys u can meet he sold me the crank some bearings and a oil pump at a great deal.There arent very many people that will give up their time on a saturday to help someone they dont know he was great to deal with he gave me a oil pump that he desighned to try out ill let everybody know how it works out.
P.S. Thanks to everybody who posted and tryed to help.

Bense468
08-25-2002, 09:50 AM
DJD So are you going to have this thing together? I just lit up for the first time yesterday. Doing some more today to it. Got to get back to the garage.

djdtpr
08-25-2002, 05:26 PM
Ya i should have the motor together tomarrow and in the boat on tuesday or wednesday.Ill keep u posted on whats up.