PDA

View Full Version : VoiP

HM
05-25-2007, 08:54 AM
Who has it? Who do you use? Pro's & Cons?
I just signed up with Voip.com. I read a ton of reviews. All the bad reviews look to be by the same people jumping from one service to another. I am the kind of guy that can usually get great service from notoriously bad companies because I beleive in the honey vs. vinegar method.
I am waiting for my equipment, but I can already use my computer as a phone using free software called softphone. $199/year unlimited calling in the U.S. and ridiculous rates of $.01/minute for most international calls (I don't make any international calls). I set up voice mail very easily. Has two voice mail options...no answer and busy. Also has a cool follow-me feature..you can have it ring to different numbers in a series until someone answers, or it will ring ALL your follow-me numbers at the same time and disconnects all the others when one is answered. I never answer my phone, but I like that someone can find me and make sure I don't answer their call!
Anyone else have some unique features?

marty722
05-25-2007, 09:28 AM
I had vonage for 2 yrs and it was good. I cancelled because there gettting sued so I thought I'd better get out as I wanted to keep my number that I had... The whole thig is your phone service is only as good as your ISP provider... I had SBC and the sound was good. The only thing I had to do was reboot the phone router once or twice a month... Its also a big savings compare to ma bell.

BrendellaJet
05-25-2007, 10:01 AM
The only thing I had to do was reboot the phone router once or twice a month...
Hope you dont need to reboot before a 911 call.:eek: