PDA

View Full Version : Idiots In Havasu!!!

hcb26
05-25-2007, 09:45 AM
My friend called me last night at 12:30 in the morning from Havasu and said some idiot drove thru the channel at about 25-30 mph all the way thru. Saw him enter crazy horse side and heard him at the other end. These are the people that ruin a great place for us boaters, and end up hurting people. Unbelivible!!!!!

HavaSkank
05-25-2007, 09:47 AM
Yep, feeling pretty good about my decision to avoid Amatuer Weekend. Hopefully the fuktards will be gone by next Thursday

ChumpChange
05-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Was it a wakeboarder? Maybe they were trying to get some good water. :D

Hardly Satisfied
05-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Where was LHPD at

27 Awesome cat
05-25-2007, 09:51 AM
This is just one of the reasons we wont go:mad:

SummitKarl
05-25-2007, 09:56 AM
My friend called me last night at 12:30 in the morning from Havasu and said some idiot drove thru the channel at about 25-30 mph all the way thru. Saw him enter crazy horse side and heard him at the other end. These are the people that ruin a great place for us boaters, and end up hurting people. Unbelivible!!!!!
what do you want to bet it was this same guy
Havazoo (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151787)

32sunrkt
05-25-2007, 09:56 AM
DITTO !
... I leave Tues. for Havi knowing most if not all dorks shall be back at their desk's.:D :D :D

Not So Fast
05-25-2007, 10:10 AM
The ramp was crazy already, just got home. With the price of fuel, the unbelieveable crowds and all of the NON-BOATING types getting on the water, well, lets just say not a snowballs chance in hell I would ever boat on a big weekend, just not worth it and we live here, cant imagine traveling or towing to put up with this fiasco :( NSF

SummitKarl
05-25-2007, 10:16 AM
The ramp was crazy already, just got home. With the price of fuel, the unbelieveable crowds and all of the NON-BOATING types getting on the water, well, lets just say not a snowballs chance in hell I would ever boat on a big weekend, just not worth it and we live here, cant imagine traveling or towing to put up with this fiasco :( NSF
in the same respect that calm is normal to us.;)
so is chaos to the people that visit here on the big weekends:D
speaking of which........Tue. noonish Steamboat.....oh and bring a piece of carpet so you can beach that "princess" :rolleyes: of yours and be sociable:D

squirt'nmyload
05-25-2007, 10:17 AM
saguaro lake has idiots too!!! i was floating in a no wake zone yesterday and these people came plowing through
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/attachment-1-3.jpg

boat boy
05-25-2007, 10:22 AM
That's why I stay home and avoid havazoo on these weekends. Heading out to Catilina Island in the morning, won't have too many amatuer there.

driverno8
05-25-2007, 10:24 AM
I couldn't agree more. But haven't you thought just once you'd like to do that. I'm not saying it's right. It pisses me off when I see people making a wake. I'm always the first to start yelling. But just once I'd love to fly through there to say I did. Never going to happen though.

Not So Fast
05-25-2007, 10:30 AM
in the same respect that calm is normal to us.;)
so is chaos to the people that visit here on the big weekends:D
speaking of which........Tue. noonish Steamboat.....oh and bring a piece of carpet so you can beach that "princess" :rolleyes: of yours and be sociable:D
Easy on the "Princess" stuff Karl :D I do beach but not in rocks :( I also like to not have to listen to the OTHER GUYS music being blasted into my ears if you know what I mean, and invaribly thats what happens. Tues sounds good to me, for sure on Thurs if you can and I'll even buy you a brewski :D NSF

Quest4Fun
05-25-2007, 10:34 AM
We went out yesterday because the kids got out of school at 11:45 for the summer. Now we won't go out for the rest of the weekend. Yesterday was beautiful, not crowded...but did see a few clueless boaters. We were already off the water by the time the idiot went through the channel, doesn't suprise me though!

Boatcop
05-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Idiots In Havasu!!!
The title of this thread is redundant.

Not So Fast
05-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Idiots In Havasu!!!
Oh sure BC, like Parker is "Immune" to the idoitic partyers, right :D :D :D Got any other stories to make us laugh?? NSF

HocusPocus
05-25-2007, 12:24 PM
i agree 100%

Not So Fast
05-25-2007, 01:56 PM
The title to this thread is upsetting to me, I opted to stay home this weekend and be a good boy,
and yet all I'm hearing is "Idiots here, idiots there"
Suddenly I have sympathy for the Geico cavemen
:D :D :D :D
Too bad, you would have fit right in :D :D :D NSF

Keith E. Sayre
05-25-2007, 02:14 PM
I hope that I don't get flamed too bad but I've wanted to do a 100 mph burner through there since I was a kid! I have even thought about it as an adult! I had it figured that it would take about 6 guys with flare guns,
someone riding shotgun with a cell phone and headphones and somehow
everyone would have to be aware that it was going to happen preferably
on a slow weekend. I figured 6 guys could cover both sides in a matter of
about 15 minutes handing out fliers telling about an "exhibition" of some sort and that they couldn't get in the water or move their boats. Then there
would need to be 4 more at the north end of the channel doing the same thing. All 10 of them would have to have cell phones and a flare gun ready
to fire in case anything got weird. I figured you could probably pull it off
if the flyers were all handed out quickly and if everyone cooperated. Right!
If anything were to get funny, a flare or a phone call to the observer with
headphones on and the deal would have to be called off.
Here's the rest of the story. You'd have to do it in full daylight or it wouldn't
be worth doing. I also am smart enough to know that I would get caught no
matter what. I figure that with me, the observer and the 10 helpers
out there it would be about $50,000 in fines, forfeiture of the boat, probably
a couple nights like 90 in jail. So I never did it.
Here's the kicker. No matter how well you think you have it planned, a broken
prop ear, or a seized turbo 400, or a broken gear in the casale box or a broken
rudder and you're talking about a 90 mph crash into 100 people on the shore.
So don't do it.
Keith Sayre

XTRM22
05-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Idiots In Havasu!!!
I think I'm offended:rolleyes: ..........Ok, I'm over it:D
Hope everybody has a safe weekend, The new sewers are going in on my street and I'd need a crane to get the boat out on to the street anyway.
Chuck

Xlration Marine
05-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Wow, I said I would be staying home to watch the "IDIOT THREADS". Low and behold the weekend hasn't started and we have a winner all ready. Now how does an IDIOT like this get away with hauling ass through town like that? Shoot I couldn't go through Bouse a midnight doing 10 over without a ticket.

Jordy
05-25-2007, 02:53 PM
I hope that I don't get flamed too bad but I've wanted to do a 100 mph burner through there since I was a kid! I have even thought about it as an adult! I had it figured that it would take about 6 guys with flare guns,
about 15 minutes handing out fliers telling about an "exhibition" of some sort and that they couldn't get in the water or move their boats. Then there
would need to be 4 more at the north end of the channel doing the same thing. All 10 of them would have to have cell phones and a flare gun ready
Here's the rest of the story. You'd have to do it in full daylight or it wouldn't
So don't do it.
Keith Sayre
Just put a little bit of thought into it huh??? :D :D
Now you have really hurt my feelings :cry:
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Here, use this:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31705&stc=1&d=1180133562

HocusPocus
05-25-2007, 02:54 PM
So don't do it.
Keith Sayre
wrong to do.... for sure without a doubt.... but it sure is fun to think about it. :D

seanv
05-25-2007, 03:06 PM
i do know a fuktard that did a run thru the channel. granted it was 3am, nobody in the water and a far cry from 100mph. but still very wrong :rolleyes:

beaverretriever
05-25-2007, 03:29 PM
So don't do it.
Keith Sayre
Keith,
7 am on a Tuesday morning in the middle of Feb.. I will man one of the flare guns... I got your back :D :devil: :devil:

Quest4Fun
05-25-2007, 03:41 PM
I kid you not when I say this...but it was at least 10 years ago, maybe closer to 15. We were hanging out in the channel, had the boat pulled up on the island side just around the bend from the bridge. It was around 9:00 at night or so, when we heard the thunder of two jet boats crank up and race side-by-side through the channel, making the turns and everything. My husband and I could not beleive it :jawdrop: we thought they were going to kill each other! I think it was a Friday night and I don't remember anyone else being in the channel. We looked for those guys all the next day cuz we wanted to ask them WTF?? Never did see them. :jawdrop:

Havasu1986
05-25-2007, 03:50 PM
My buddy skied thru the channel one nite around 2 am. :mad: It was a full moon at least. :D

BrianB
05-25-2007, 05:51 PM
So don't do it.
Keith Sayre
We where on shore accross from Kokohoes one night in the mid 90s and a storm kicked up.I tried to wait it out,but it got to a point that the little jet was taking on water.One more cocktail and it was time to leave.By now theres rollers and white caps in the channel so I put the tunnel ram 429 to work.With spot light in hand thru the channel we hit the lake at Crazy Horse and my buddy cries "No duuuuude" It was a roller coaster ride to the CH harbor.I've never seen the lake that nasty.The next morning there where over 40 boats on shore or sunk at CH.No lie
If this post ends up in court,I'll plead temp. insanity and perminent dipshitism

phebus
05-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Great day on the water today, so yes I guess i am an idiot. Lots of fun, and good seeing lots of other idiots (friends).
Keith, if you need a throttle man, count me in. :D

Ziggy
05-25-2007, 06:57 PM
I saw an oldtimer a few years ago that barreled right thru there in a small 1950 's type runabout......not 100mph but a good 20-25 :D:D
My hand is raise Kieth ;)

phebus
05-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Lots of highlights today, but the boat that pulled in next to us, with two girls (that weren't bad) that had no tops on was a classic.
Woody almost snapped his neck. :D

CBadDad
05-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Lots of highlights today, but the boat that pulled in next to us, with two girls (that weren't bad) that had no tops on was a classic.
Woody almost snapped his neck. :D
Worthless without pics!

TopGun4608
05-27-2007, 11:54 PM
Keith... You told me your plan in person when you were on my new conquest... I will never forget your plan and I think all of us here on the forums are down to help you out... why dont we take jodies boat and do it so if something happens... **** it!
MIKE

DayCruiser
05-28-2007, 04:01 AM
I agree there are idiots everywhere and not enough coppers. People zig zagging/circling pulling rafters is what bugs me the most. They think pulling a raft give them the right to run you into the ground:mad: Then you go those who don't know what "no wake" means or don't care. Jet skiiers running up on your tail to jump your waves. Many getting too close to docks and on and on. I see a few getting caught every now and then, just not enough to make believers out of the idiots.
But nobody is going to keep me off my boat, anytime or any day :)