PDA

View Full Version : Magic Service dept

havasu522
05-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Beware . They seem to think when you drop your boat off that its card blanch . I dropped off my (NEW) (17hrs) deck boat off to Them for its service and minor warrenty work . Was told 300 dollars to do service . A little high but they built it so I figured ok. Mistake !!!!! They tried to charge me for warrenty work and for some reason they did a injection service and replaced the fuel filter :confused: At first they said 699.00 after adjusting for the warrenty work it was 420.00 which I paid . Not 300.00 and not what was to be done but I want my boat back so I paid. Oh did I tell you they think they did me a favor ?They wanted to know if I was happy with the reduction in price . Wow . So does anyone know of a honest company to do service ?:idea:

stoker22405
05-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Johns Custom Marine
Stoker Boats
714-827-7920
In Stanton/Anaheim area..Not very close to you but worth the drive.

Bradman
05-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Wow . So does anyone know of a honest company to do service ?:idea:
I took my boat to Aaron over at Absolute Speed and Marine last Saturday. My impeller went out with only 80 hours on it. Took it to Magic first, but they had no mechanic on duty. They said they might have a mechanic come in at 2:00pm, but on garuntee. Walked up to Salavge and they were closing up for the day. Walked over to Absoulte and they were getting ready to close, but instead, they stayed opened and fixed my boat in about two hours. Charge me just over $200.00 which I thought was very fair. Absolute earned my business. Thanks Aaron.

imnigel
05-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Beware . They seem to think when you drop your boat off that its card blanch . I dropped off my (NEW) (17hrs) deck boat off to Them for its service and minor warrenty work . Was told 300 dollars to do service . A little high but they built it so I figured ok. Mistake !!!!! They tried to charge me for warrenty work and for some reason they did a injection service and replaced the fuel filter :confused: At first they said 699.00 after adjusting for the warrenty work it was 420.00 which I paid . Not 300.00 and not what was to be done but I want my boat back so I paid. Oh did I tell you they think they did me a favor ?They wanted to know if I was happy with the reduction in price . Wow . So does anyone know of a honest company to do service ?:idea:
I had similar issues with Magic’s service department. Now I go to Jimmy Chongs(sp) in Havasu. 928.855.7259. My buddy dropped my boat of and picked it up before they even charged me. I called him the next day and paid for it. It was only $285 for the 20hr service. AWESOME service!!!

Invisible Sun
05-25-2007, 03:05 PM
My boat just got back from Chong's. I had a leak in the outdrive with only 48 hours on the meter. It's two years old so it wasn't covered under the warranty. Anyway Jim pulled the props off and pressurized the housing. He called me yesterday and said that there must have been something in the seal because there isn't any leaks to fix. I must have dislodged that fishing line (or whatever it was) with a couple of blasts accross the lake. Wow, I was suprised. I expected him to come back and tell that they didn't see a leak, but replaced the seals anyway. On top of it all, he picked the boat up from Advantage storage and took it back after he was done. Haven't met him in person, but I can tell that he's a great guy to work with.
S

BAK2RVR
05-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Also just got the boat back from Jim at Chong Marine. Jim picked up the boat and dropped it off. Been using him for several years now and no issues.

Racey
05-25-2007, 03:18 PM
My impeller went out with only 80 hours on it.
:eek: How long did you expect it to last, that's way pushin the limit.
We were doing them every 2 seasons to help save our customers money (every 50-60 hours) but after having one go we do full services now, once you have the boat in the shop the change oil and the rest the waterpump is just cheap insurance at that point.

dirtmoverjeff
05-25-2007, 04:33 PM
should have bought a conquest

Not So Fast
05-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Fuel filter at 17 Hrs, are you sure?? I believe they do that at 100 hrs if thats what you are talking about and not the water separator. I just did my FUEL FILTER and they are expensive but that was at 120 hrs.
Thats why your boat mechanic has to be honest as well as knowledgable which mine is.
You should have all filters (not fuel), fluids (engine oil & drive oil), drive alignment and replace the impeller done for your YEARLY SERVICE and that will give you the best chance of not breaking down. Good luck, NSF

Not So Fast
05-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Oh, I forgot, your 20 hour service is very important, probably the most important one. NSF

NashvilleBound
05-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Were supposed to service these things???? Shittttttttttttt, I hate when that happens.

havasu522
05-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Yes they replaced the fuel filter !!!!!! and did a injection service ? (snake oil) The stupid part is I have written service for GM for 31 Years . you would think I would know better :confused: than to have a service done without a written estimate not over the phone

voodoomedman
05-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Absolute all the way. Not cheap but not expensive but they know their stuff, will do you right, and are honest. I think my first service ever was between 4 and 500 but that includes changing impeller, pulling drive to check for alignment and changing all fluids etc. Oh yeah I when I drop by with some little minor thing they hop in and take care of it and don't ask for anything.

talbert450r
05-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Absolute all the way. Not cheap but not expensive but they know their stuff, will do you right, and are honest. I think my first service ever was between 4 and 500 but that includes changing impeller, pulling drive to check for alignment and changing all fluids etc. Oh yeah I when I drop by with some little minor thing they hop in and take care of it and don't ask for anything.
where do you take yours?

dirtmoverjeff
05-25-2007, 08:21 PM
try shimmer on the old road down from windsor they have serviced my conquest since new

voodoomedman
05-25-2007, 08:45 PM
where do you take yours?Absolute

Not So Fast
05-26-2007, 08:16 AM
Yes they replaced the fuel filter !!!!!! and did a injection service ? (snake oil) The stupid part is I have written service for GM for 31 Years . you would think I would know better :confused: than to have a service done without a written estimate not over the phone
Did they give you a reason for the fuel filter being done??? Tell them you want the old one back cause unless you did something stupid like put gas with some kind of contaminent in your boat I would say it is still good. The warranty charge is BS totally. Doing a service at 17 hrs is just a little early but 20 hrs is the norm so not totally out of line doing it now.
Magic is like a revolving door with employees, especially service and then they move them to other depts also so you never get the same guy.
If I were you I would find one place you like and stick with them.
If you are interested PM me and I'll give you my guys number cause he's the best IMO, small and personal, never an unsatisfied customer. If not try Chris at Prestige, nice shop and good customer service, very knowledgeable. Sorry for your experience, that sucks. :( NSF

HALLETT BOY
05-26-2007, 08:35 AM
Is boat repair different than auto repair? I own an automotive repair shop in Ca, and I have to give the customer a written estimate before I even touch the vehicle ! If the the repair goes over the estimated amount , I must stop work and get authorization to do more work.I have taken my boats to a couple
of repair shops over the years and gotten a huge surprise almost every time ..
Do the laws that apply to auto repair not apply to boats ???

Not So Fast
05-26-2007, 08:57 AM
Is boat repair different than auto repair? I own an automotive repair shop in Ca, and I have to give the customer a written estimate before I even touch the vehicle ! If the the repair goes over the estimated amount , I must stop work and get authorization to do more work.I have taken my boats to a couple
of repair shops over the years and gotten a huge surprise almost every time ..
Do the laws that apply to auto repair not apply to boats ???
Like I said your mechanic must be, knowlegdeable, honest, and not a salesman for parts or repairs. I thought that boats were pretty simple things about 5 years ago before I got into the darn things and that is not the case, in fact todays boats are every bit as complcated as autos but the boating industry seems to be loaded with shifty, unknowing and downright dishonest mechanics. Now that I think about it, it is very much like the auto repair industry sad to say :( :( NSF

dm25advantage
05-26-2007, 10:52 AM
DITTO for Absolute..... just called them. (said iam going to parker on thrusday and need my 100hr service before i leave) they got me in for tuesday of next week... awesome guys over there... i know its last minute and they still got me in.... i would pay extra for that kind of service and second on sunday....

ratso
05-26-2007, 11:50 AM
Carte Blanche? http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

HONDODUDE
05-26-2007, 01:07 PM
To add to all this, Darrin has been gone for 2 weeks now. The new guy down there, Bob is one of the most helpful guys I've ever dealt with.
At the factory, when he was running warranty repair, he treated his customers with the utmost respect and concern for their boats and their investments in them. I've never seen or heard of him cheating a customer or selling them something they don't need.
I don't think that the whole story is being told here...I've know Bob for a while now, and that doesn't sound like something he would do. Could it be that he's caught in the middle of cleaning up someone elses mess?

Not So Fast
05-26-2007, 02:47 PM
To add to all this, Darrin has been gone for 2 weeks now. The new guy down there, Bob is one of the most helpful guys I've ever dealt with.
At the factory, when he was running warranty repair, he treated his customers with the utmost respect and concern for their boats and their investments in them. I've never seen or heard of him cheating a customer or selling them something they don't need.
I don't think that the whole story is being told here...I've know Bob for a while now, and that doesn't sound like something he would do. Could it be that he's caught in the middle of cleaning up someone elses mess?
Sort of goes with my post about the revolving door policy at Magic doesn't it?? A familar face is always reassuring, I hope Keith can convey this practice to Ron. And there is always two sides to every story. NSF

warlock 27
05-26-2007, 07:16 PM
we took are boat to couple places and wernt happy about them. so my annt hold us about a place where she takes hers, so we took ours down there get the fuel line replace and some hoeses. the guys was nice but really pricie. he said he did it all and runs great. so we took it out to the river for a week. it ran great for about 10 min. than it ran high rpms. long story short come to find out he never replaced the hoses and the last tune up we found out he didnt even replaced the fule line. :mad: :mad: :mad:

SHOTKALLIN
05-26-2007, 07:47 PM
Carte Blanche? http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
:D i didn't want to put him out there like that.:D

TopGun4608
05-28-2007, 12:02 AM
First of all... should have bought a conquest but now the Keith is over at magic well have to see if he can work some of his own magic and get it rocking. Absolute is great. They have done service on all of my boats for years and I just had one minor issue with the conquest and they picked it up and had it ready for my second weekend trip in a matter of two days. They (aaron and cheryl from the office) knew how important this first big trip was with a bunch of friends and MADE IT a great weekend! I recommend them to everyone here.

Trailer Park Casanova
05-28-2007, 05:49 AM
Absolute is the best place we have ever done boat biz.
We know some impossibly difficult people and they get er' done at Absolute and drive away happy.
If a place can please those hard-ons,,,
A good business attracts good employees,, then it's all good.
Wish we had been in the market for a new Supra, we would have bought from absolute in a heartbeat.
Would have been dealing with 2 good companies.

Cole'd Beer
05-28-2007, 07:37 AM
ABSOLUTE, ABSOLUTE, ABSOLUTE, GET OVER IT.. THIER NOT THAT GREAT... I HAVE TAKEN MY MAGIC 34' TO THE SERVICE DEPT FOR YEARS AND I LOVE THERE WORK.. THIS GUY IS A BIG BABY.. THERE IS ALWYAS TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY AND EVERBODY LISTENS TO THE BAD ONE.. RON MOYES IS THE OWNER OF MAGIG AND I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT HE RUNS A TIGHT COMPANY.. AND HE WOULD NOT PUT UP WITH ANY LESS. THEY HAVE ALWAYS TREATED ME AND NUMEROUS FRIENDS GREAT THERE. THEY HAVE COME OUT ON THE WATER JUST TO HELP US ON OUR BOAT. ABSOLUTE WOULDNT DO THAT. ( CRAPY ABSOLUTE) SO TO MR. HAVASU 522 GROW UP AND GET YOUR FACTS SRAIGHT BECAUSE YOUR NOT TELLING THE WHOLE STORY BUDDY..:devil: :mad: :confused: :idea:

Dribble
05-28-2007, 07:59 AM
ABSOLUTE, ABSOLUTE, ABSOLUTE, GET OVER IT.. THIER NOT THAT GREAT... I HAVE TAKEN MY MAGIC 34' TO THE SERVICE DEPT FOR YEARS AND I LOVE THERE WORK.. THIS GUY IS A BIG BABY.. THERE IS ALWYAS TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY AND EVERBODY LISTENS TO THE BAD ONE.. RON MOYES IS THE OWNER OF MAGIG AND I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT HE RUNS A TIGHT COMPANY.. AND HE WOULD NOT PUT UP WITH ANY LESS. THEY HAVE ALWAYS TREATED ME AND NUMEROUS FRIENDS GREAT THERE. THEY HAVE COME OUT ON THE WATER JUST TO HELP US ON OUR BOAT. ABSOLUTE WOULDNT DO THAT. ( CRAPY ABSOLUTE) SO TO MR. HAVASU 522 GROW UP AND GET YOUR FACTS SRAIGHT BECAUSE YOUR NOT TELLING THE WHOLE STORY BUDDY..:devil: :mad: :confused: :idea:
His story seemed pretty reasonable to me. Maybe someone from Magic could come on and explain the reasons why it is imperative that the fuel filter be changed (without authorization) at 17 hours. An estimate is a contract. When you don't stick with it you need to contact the person and change the contract. If you don't, then you have breached the contract. Also, a fuel filter and injection service at 17 hours. I have boat maintanence OCD, but I'm not that sick.

CBadDad
05-28-2007, 08:00 AM
ABSOLUTE, ABSOLUTE, ABSOLUTE, GET OVER IT.. THIER NOT THAT GREAT... I HAVE TAKEN MY MAGIC 34' TO THE SERVICE DEPT FOR YEARS AND I LOVE THERE WORK.. THIS GUY IS A BIG BABY.. THERE IS ALWYAS TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY AND EVERBODY LISTENS TO THE BAD ONE.. RON MOYES IS THE OWNER OF MAGIG AND I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT HE RUNS A TIGHT COMPANY.. AND HE WOULD NOT PUT UP WITH ANY LESS. THEY HAVE ALWAYS TREATED ME AND NUMEROUS FRIENDS GREAT THERE. THEY HAVE COME OUT ON THE WATER JUST TO HELP US ON OUR BOAT. ABSOLUTE WOULDNT DO THAT. ( CRAPY ABSOLUTE) SO TO MR. HAVASU 522 GROW UP AND GET YOUR FACTS SRAIGHT BECAUSE YOUR NOT TELLING THE WHOLE STORY BUDDY..:devil: :mad: :confused: :idea:Gee, do work there or somethin'? You've run a 34' Magic "for years" and just signed up here. Somethin' smells fishy....
I've heard only great things about Absolute. Haven't been there myself...
I had an emergency situation (to me) last weekend and JC Marine on the south end of town totally hooked me up. Another option to consider.

Cole'd Beer
05-28-2007, 08:20 AM
No I Dont Work There I Just Know People That Work There. And It All Sounds Like Crap..

Magic34
05-28-2007, 08:21 AM
I have only used the service in Havasu 3 times, but all 3 times the service at Magic was good.
I always use the shop in Phoenix and they have always been great to me.
I have owned 4 Magics now and each one has been into the shop at Phoenix and everything has been great there.
I have also heard great things about Absolute in Havasu and if I am ever in a bind and need service there, he will get a call. :)
I understand that the bill was more than expected, but we are talking about $120 here. That is 1 part and an extra 1-1.5 hours of labor extra tops. Now you have possibly damaged a relationship for what, $120?
Next time you have an issue, contact Brett at the Phoenix location and get him involved. Even though he is in Phoenix, he will help get an issue like this resolved. 602-954-0725
I plan on taking my Formula in to service at magic in Phoenix as well.

Baja Big Dog
05-28-2007, 08:33 AM
Im guessing this guy is the service manager at Magic? This poster had a bad experience, but if you read further down you will see that others had the same experience, so its not isolated to one guy.
One of the beauties of this forum is that people can be informed on situations that could have an effect on them, and this is the prime example.
Maybe Magic has one bad apple that is causing people to think they are ripping them off, who knows. If it is one bad apple then I would think Mr. Ron Moyes would want to eliminate that bad one before the whole basket goes bad (like this thread!).
I have had (as well as many others here if you read) excellent results with Absolute, yo choose to bash them without any facts, you see you are the assshole poster that only choose to get defensive when you post.
you wrote "crapy (crappy) Absolute", why, because they screwed you? I don't think probably not.
Oh yea there is a button , left side of the keyboard "CAPS LOCK" try it!!! You don't sound so angry!!!:mad:

CBadDad
05-28-2007, 08:50 AM
I have only used the service in Havasu 3 times, but all 3 times the service at Magic was good.
I always use the shop in Phoenix and they have always been great to me.
I have owned 4 Magics now and each one has been into the shop at Phoenix and everything has been great there.
I have also heard great things about Absolute in Havasu and if I am ever in a bind and need service there, he will get a call. :)
I understand that the bill was more than expected, but we are talking about $120 here. That is 1 part and an extra 1-1.5 hours of labor extra tops. Now you have possibly damaged a relationship for what, $120?
Next time you have an issue, contact Brett at the Phoenix location and get him involved. Even though he is in Phoenix, he will help get an issue like this resolved. 602-954-0725
I plan on taking my Formula in to service at magic in Phoenix as well.
$120 over a $300 estimate is a 40% rip-off.
I think that 522 has every right to be pissed.

Magic34
05-28-2007, 08:59 AM
$120 over a $300 estimate is a 40% rip-off.
I think that 522 has every right to be pissed.
I am not saying he doesn't have a right to be pissed. Sure it is 40%, but something was done for that extra charge, it wasn't just added on there. YES, yes, yes they should have contacted him before moving forward with any additional service items, end of story there.
Whatever the case, he left the shop with a bad taste in his mouth and that is a lose lose situation. He is upset with the MFG of his new boat, and the shop gets a bad rep with his post.
Hopefully, this isn't an ongoing thing. I can promise you this, get Brett involved if or anytime you have a problem and it will be resolved!
Brett at Magic in PHX. 602-954-0725
EDIT: Many times, regardless of the shop, an error in communication is the main problem, and this is the case here. I am not on Magic's nuts, it may seem, but I am not. If I have ever had an issue, which yes I have, they have taken care of it after a simple conversation.

havasu522
05-28-2007, 09:18 AM
Thank you to all of you that understand. As far as two sides I will give them this I started with Darrin, Thenspoke to T.C ? and now Bob . Both Darrin and T.C told me 300.00 and then Bob charged me Me 420.00 I would be happy to show the bill If you wish . I spoke to the CFO and he told me he can't even do a 20 HR service for 300.00 . Oh and did I mention My boat has not been returned to the storage place yet ! I will be up in Havi next week hope my boat is not messed up Just really sad this turned out this way because the sale of the boat and build time was great . I love my boat and hope I will get many years of enjoyment from it . Its to bad that Magic Service had to screw this all up . I have no problem paying a higher price for good work I only have a problem paying for something that is not needed

Marty Gras
05-28-2007, 09:19 AM
I have no dog in this fight, but would like to throw in a few comments. I do know that many owners/builders, like to change the engine oil and filter when the "computer clock" says the breaking in period is over. (10/20hrs) In past older model Mercs the 20hr. was a check up on all the rigging, torques, adjustments, etc. Today all of the engine MFG's want to offer "extended service intervals", but who really knows what's correct for your motor, drive and hull? The fuel filter question is also up for debate. Merc. has a S/S inline filter (10 micron) that it recomended for all EFI motor installations, the larger "blue motors" still use them, but now their new style (box pump) and filter have similar filtering 'specs'. Often a fuel filter will be changed on a very new boat, to avoid future problems. New tanks, lines, fittings and valves may have foreign materials in them and the filter is the only place they will be drawn to. As far as impellers go, we are talking about HAVASU (I yelled) and with all of the sand, rocks and silt going thru the water system? If any of you get more than 50hrs on an I/O pump, you're pushing your luck. If you let your I/O boat sit for 45/90 days inbetween 20hr weekends, you will get even less time from your impeller. I would always go to the owner/manager of any shop, with questions, complains, and praise, before I went public with my problem. PS. California has "BAR" along with laws governing repair invoice "rules", Arizona has no inforcement of the few laws they do have. Thanks for reading.

fastsxr100
05-28-2007, 09:32 AM
paradise boats mercruiser dealer open 7 days a week 1605 countryshire (928)8544214 usually try to have the boat done the same day pick and delivery available

havasu522
05-28-2007, 09:41 AM
I did go to the CFO and voiced my concern .. He tried to tell me this is what is needed felt I Got what I paid for ... The issue is I DID NOT ASK FOR THE F@&KING FUEL FILTER OR THE INJECTION SERVICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. If it was needed I would have asked for it but at (17) hours I don't think so Oh well I am going to leave this issue I guess the bottom line is I am not a happy customer with Magic Service and they don't seem to care . I will take your advice and try someone else This thread was not to bash Magic but to advise others to watch out when doing repaiirs or service with them GET IT IN WRTTING . Hope you all have a safe and great weekend at the river

CBadDad
05-28-2007, 09:44 AM
Thank you to all of you that understand. As far as two sides I will give them this I started with Darrin, Thenspoke to T.C ? and now Bob . Both Darrin and T.C told me 300.00 and then Bob charged me Me 420.00 I would be happy to show the bill If you wish . I spoke to the CFO and he told me he can't even do a 20 HR service for 300.00 . Oh and did I mention My boat has not been returned to the storage place yet ! I will be up in Havi next week hope my boat is not messed up Just really sad this turned out this way because the sale of the boat and build time was great . I love my boat and hope I will get many years of enjoyment from it . Its to bad that Magic Service had to screw this all up . I have no problem paying a higher price for good work I only have a problem paying for something that is not needed
Jeez, the plot thickens. The price for the serivce you got isn't out of line. It is the fact that they quoted you one price and then stuck you with another.
I'd be having a fit if my BRAND NEW BOAT was sitting outside. I certainly hope they get their shit together, detail it and put it back into storage before you get to Havasu. It certainly will be interesting to see how Magic handles the situation. Nothing worse than going to the desert in the middle of the summer and not having your boat ready to go...

Bradman
05-29-2007, 06:16 AM
:eek: How long did you expect it to last, that's way pushin the limit.
We were doing them every 2 seasons to help save our customers money (every 50-60 hours) but after having one go we do full services now, once you have the boat in the shop the change oil and the rest the waterpump is just cheap insurance at that point.
I guess at least a year. We bought our boat new in July of 2006, so it's not even a year yet. Mechanics have told me they need to be changed every couple of seasons.

Dribble
05-29-2007, 07:37 AM
PS. California has "BAR" along with laws governing repair invoice "rules", Arizona has no inforcement of the few laws they do have. Thanks for reading.
BAR Laws and Regulations do not apply to boat repair. There are some statutes in the Harbors and Nvigation code that do; however there is no enforcement agency. The written estimate sections of the Automotive repair act and the Harbors and Navigation code are rooted in basic contract law and while enforceable by BAR in auto repair transactions they is not enforceable on boats (except in civil court).

Jordy
05-29-2007, 07:51 AM
Mechanics have told me they need to be changed every couple of seasons.
I think I'd be looking for a new mechanic. Once a year is cheap insurance. :D

2Driver
05-29-2007, 08:21 AM
EDIT: Many times, regardless of the shop, an error in communication is the main problem, and this is the case here. .
Nobody told me we had a communication problem :D
Exactly, when I drop my boat off I get a work order that includes work I want done, items I want inspected. I instruct the shop to look for anything suspect and if they find something call me. Setting expectations is just simple business.

jdogginla
05-29-2007, 08:31 AM
we took are boat to couple places and wernt happy about them. so my annt hold us about a place where she takes hers, so we took ours down there get the fuel line replace and some hoeses. the guys was nice but really pricie. he said he did it all and runs great. so we took it out to the river for a week. it ran great for about 10 min. than it ran high rpms. long story short come to find out he never replaced the hoses and the last tune up we found out he didnt even replaced the fule line. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Later???? Later used the funds to buy a warlock and move to apple valley :eek:

Big Warlock
05-29-2007, 08:32 AM
I know the people at Magic and have to say that is unusual. Hopefully someone will come up with the "other side" of the story.
And, to be fair, the complaintant in this fight just signed on to Hot Boat this month as well. FYI

lklndoo
05-29-2007, 08:42 AM
I also have a new Magic Deck and had the twenty hr. service performed
at Magic a few weeks ago. This was a straight service with no other
work performed. The total was $399.98. I was charged for engine service,
drive service, oil & filter and gear lube. So for an extra $20 you got a fuel
filter and injector service. Not bad insurance.

Marty Gras
05-29-2007, 09:04 PM
"Dribble", I was just pointing out that what happens with your car in California, will not happen in Arizona with your boat. Arizona has very few laws controling repairs (boat or car) and repair order forms.(legal) I feel that Magic / Sleekcraft Boats has enough depth of business that THEY would step up to correct/ amend the questions this unhappy customer has. I also would like to point out the although "CAL. BAR" does not govern boat repairs, their "guidelines and rules" are taken into account when fresh water boat repairs are in court. I know because I had a few "unhappy storage customers" while in business in California for over 37 years. The Calif. courts have no other guidelines other than what happens to cars. Maritime laws are not considered in "boat shop cases".

PaPaG
06-04-2007, 11:25 AM
I did go to the CFO and voiced my concern .. He tried to tell me this is what is needed felt I Got what I paid for ... The issue is I DID NOT ASK FOR THE F@&KING FUEL FILTER OR THE INJECTION SERVICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. If it was needed I would have asked for it but at (17) hours I don't think so Oh well I am going to leave this issue I guess the bottom line is I am not a happy customer with Magic Service and they don't seem to care . I will take your advice and try someone else This thread was not to bash Magic but to advise others to watch out when doing repaiirs or service with them GET IT IN WRTTING . Hope you all have a safe and great weekend at the river
I am not going to put down any other shop but just throwing in .02. I have had service done at a few different shops in Havi over the years. I have to say that Absolute is best in class...they have taken care my boat repair needs for the past 3 years and I highly doubt I will ever go to another shop...Aaron, Brian always do their best to get me in and out of there ASAP even on last minute issues on a Friday afternoon....These guys are honest and do a great job..

riverroyal
06-04-2007, 07:47 PM
darrin is gone???I knew CLU was gone.Isnt casey doing serv manager stuff???:)

TCHB
06-04-2007, 07:56 PM
I like the idea of dealing with the owners. I have had excellent service on two of my boats.
1. Savage (water pump went out) fixed it in three hours back on the water.
2. Shimmer Marine (completed service on time, old parts in a bag, cost exactly what they said it would be. It was a completed with a thank you.

Keith E. Sayre
06-04-2007, 08:26 PM
for what it's worth, Clu still works at Magic but is up rigging
new boats and Casey is in charge of service and warranty
problems, also officed at the factory. 928-680-7600 and
I will personally see that he is on the phone to whomever
needs him.
While I'm going out a limb here, only having heard one side of it,
I will help get this resolved if it isn't already. and yews NFS--Bob and
Casey are sweeping up anothers mess it sounds like.
I will also say that many of you will see another familiar and very welcome face at the Industrial Blvd Shop very soon!
Keith Sayre

INI
06-05-2007, 06:43 AM
needs him.
I will also say that many of you will see another familiar and very welcome face at the Industrial Blvd Shop very soon!
Keith Sayre
Keith,
good to meet you on Saturday...Thanks for all the info
***Advice*** Please take anything this man tells you and assume hes right.
I talked to Casey yesterday and he said he will talk to you about my loss in top speed. Maybe you guys can come up with a crazy battery story again :)
Thanks again man,
Marcus

Keith E. Sayre
06-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Marcus: call me when you get a minute. and thanks for the compliment. Thanks.
Keith Sayre
928-680-7600

riverracerx
06-05-2007, 01:51 PM
What's up Keith!
Hey, what boat haven't you been in? I know there are a few you would like to drive. (me too)

Quest4Fun
06-05-2007, 01:58 PM
needs him.
Keith Sayre
Keith, you are such a tease...any hints :idea:

riverroyal
06-05-2007, 02:27 PM
well im glad clu is still around,great guy.Lets hope rigs my new deck:idea:

NashvilleBound
06-05-2007, 02:56 PM
well im glad clu is still around,great guy.Lets hope rigs my new deck:idea:
Clu was DEFINITELY an asset there!!