PDA

View Full Version : No more red light tickets

mark49
05-25-2007, 01:45 PM
I live in the Inland empire and I received a photo ticket for running a realllllly yellow light (Pic enclosed). So have several of my employees with my company trucks. Now i have sprayed all license plates with this stuff and not one more ticket received...
Try it, i took my neighbors truck through this same light after buying photo blocker, ran a really red light on a right turn "FLASH" (Hood over face and dark glasses) anyway he'll never know i ****ed with him.
I could be your best friend, send 50 bucks to Hellavaniceguy P.O. Box 666 S.B Ca 92404
:devil:
http://www.photoblocker.com/www/index.html
Mark

Trailer Park Casanova
05-25-2007, 01:48 PM
Mythbusters tested it and most the others and said it actually enhances the image.
None that they tested worked.

ahhell
05-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Dont run red lights and save a few bucks and maybe a life.....:eek: :idea:

soupersonic
05-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Smells like spam.Spam sux. Who would encourage anyone to run a red light :eek: :rolleyes:

shockwaveharry
05-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Dont run red lights and save a few bucks and maybe a life.....:eek: :idea:
Too bad red light cameras are strictly revenue generators being touted as a way to "save lives"... And people suck that shit up like it's the truth. The timing of the cameras would be different if they were truly just interested in preventing accidents. Think of it as ticketing you for going 65 in the freeway because you may go 80 later.
A car that runs a red light 2 seconds after it has changed may kill someone, but a guy that trys to make a stale yellow and gets caught half way through the intersection is a cash machine, plain and simple.
Red light fine is about $300.00, figure an average of 4 tickets every 10 minutes at an average intersection where you would find a camera set (think about it), times HOW MANY NEW CAMERAS IN RIVERSIDE??? Do the math...
Fuk them! :mad:

El Prosecutor
05-25-2007, 02:49 PM
A car that runs a red light 2 seconds after it has changed may kill someone, but a guy that trys to make a stale yellow and gets caught half way through the intersection is a cash machine, plain and simple.
Sometimes bright line rules eliminate a lot of confusion, and gray areas are a breeding ground for injustice.
I am thinking red is red, and if we are gonna cruise around in these giant people crushers we should be cautious enough to make sure that our crusher doesn't go through a red light, even if it is just a little red. :)

Boatcop
05-25-2007, 02:59 PM
Smells like spam.Spam sux. Who would encourage anyone to run a red light :eek: :rolleyes:
The same ones who tout plastic can covers so you can drink and drive.
Too bad red light cameras are strictly revenue generators being touted as a way to "save lives"... And people suck that shit up like it's the truth. The timing of the cameras would be different if they were truly just interested in preventing accidents. Think of it as ticketing you for going 65 in the freeway because you may go 80 later.
Red light fine is about $300.00, figure an average of 4 tickets every 10 minutes at an average intersection where you would find a camera set (think about it), times HOW MANY NEW CAMERAS IN RIVERSIDE??? Do the math...
Fuk them! :mad:
If any part of the vehicle is in the intersection when the light turns red, it is NOT a violation.
Nationwide, red light cameras have reduced red-light running by 50-60% and collisions by 25-30%.
Those cameras might just keep some idiot from T-boning you or your family.
What's so hard about slowing down and obeying traffic laws? :confused:

LAFD
05-25-2007, 03:23 PM
If any part of the vehicle is in the intersection when the light turns red, it is NOT a violation.
Nationwide, red light cameras have reduced red-light running by 50-60% and collisions by 25-30%.
this may be a stupid question but are you working this weekend. gunna be in parker and would like to say what up in person...

C-2
05-25-2007, 03:26 PM
If ya wanna test it - go run a few laps on the toll roads. It no worky.
The reality is most any plate witll fizzle out if you flash it hard enough. I think their camera's are dialed in with that in mind, i.e. the toll area is lit up pretty bright. Sunlight also does a pretty good job of illumination.
Don't ask how I know all this.....

lalhc
05-25-2007, 03:33 PM
All of the newer cameras in the Inland Empire have the videotape to back up the camera's. The spray on photo-blocker only works good when a camera is using a flash. The videotape is a back-up to the camera and will display your license plate #.

XtrmWakeborder
05-25-2007, 04:05 PM
But I want to drink and drive and run red lights...... how can I avoid jail and or fines?:idea: :rolleyes:

shockwaveharry
05-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Nothing! In fact, I obey traffic laws most of the time... even in the boat! ;)
I just have a problem with photo tickets, photo radar and any type of automated fine collector for infractions. They are abusive in my opinion. If there is an intersection where there is a pattern of violations, put a cop on it and let him write tickets, be seen and make a difference... Not sneak up on someone and nail them with a ticket in the mail a month after the fact.
If it's really meant to educate the public, the penalties shouldn't be the same as if it was a legit ticket written by an officer.
If you are saying that it's only a violation if the light is red BEFORE the vehicle passes into the intersection, then I stand corrected. However, that is not my experience. I crossed through an intersection on a stale yellow and was exiting the intersection when the light flashed and I realized they had just installed the TRAP. Luckily, it was just a warning because it was new but I believe I would have been ticketed otherwise.

RaceFace
05-25-2007, 06:21 PM
The way I see it, if you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about. No need to "stealth" out the plates if you are paying attention, not on the cell phone, not eating a hamburger, and hit the brakes when the light changes. Its not that tough.

77charger
05-25-2007, 06:57 PM
BUt that is legal doesnt even have to be covered as long as you are under the legal limit.Best to do with your first half of beer if you do do it:D
But gives you a very good reason to stop someone for a safety check.

ahhell
05-25-2007, 07:14 PM
BUt that is legal doesnt even have to be covered as long as you are under the legal limit.Best to do with your first half of beer if you do do it:D
What?

probablecause
05-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Why not just take your plates off when you drive? That would definitely solve the red light an toll road problem. :)

BrianB
05-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Newport Beach sent me one for $350 several years back.I called a friend inthe Newport PD for advice "Your screwed" Save lifes? These things generate big dollars.Four months later on the news a fellow citizen contacts the state questioning the min yellow time.It's confirmed that the yellow is under state regs.The city of Newport refunds the last three months of violations.How many people got screwed?
Whenever I travel these intersections,I pay closer attention to the signal instead of traffic fearing another ticket.

mark49
05-25-2007, 08:05 PM
All of the newer cameras in the Inland Empire have the videotape to back up the camera's. The spray on photo-blocker only works good when a camera is using a flash. The videotape is a back-up to the camera and will display your license plate #.
To appreciate my post on censoring my license plates you would had to be the type who enjoyed the movie Jack ass #1 or Jack ass # 2.
For those of you who drive 30-40K a year and safely make a right turn on a red as I do 99.9% of the time. Then this post should not offend you or our LEO friends.
But don’t think for one honest minute are these cameras were sit up to make it safer or detour the blatant red light runner that would be naive at the very least.
I don’t condone flat running a red light, but unlike radar these cameras get out of sink, jacked-up by ganbangers, computer glitches etc.
Another point: you’re not the driver as shown in the picture and video, and the actual driver will not come forward. (you the registered owner are required to provide, full name, drivers license #, DOB and current address) Or you become responsible for the ticket. You’re demanded to become a Private investigator (my biggest beef owning three trucks with employees). Let’s rat off our just licensed 16 year old daughters/sons, driving our registered vehicles. Hell under 18 they can’t even go to traffic school. Raise your hand for huge insurance premium increase, where as if LEO witnessed this incident he might go lightly as they are new drivers?
Yes never attempt a right turn to clear the intersection or (FLASH) Busted.
Now your valuable time spent in court, three separate court dates if you’re fighting it.
#1 to make the initial plea (they transfer you over to traffic light court) #2 make your plea in traffic light court. #3 sit in front of the policing agency to review your ticket on film, verdict rendered.
Here’s how I got off:
My plea:
Was going the speed limit at 40mph, car behind me following to close, I chose to run this continuous yellow light instead of slamming on my brakes to have this tailgated asswad butt flock me, thus avoiding a possible accident with injuries.
These cameras are not installed because they are dangerous intersections; they are in place to create monies for local, state and city revenue. They are placed in high volume intersections, if safety was the cities main concern, I could direct you to 100s of dangerous traffic intersections, but hell they just don’t have the car volume, just the accidents records.
So in the mean time people will die on unsafe intersections, the cities will continue to sell there goods for profit.
Let me correct the poster that said it’s on rolling tape. True but the tape only runs like 2 seconds, no plate close-ups, not legible, the only pictures legible are those of the back license plate and driver. Close-up pics of the two quick flashes.
I’m not selling photoblocker or indorsing the product and this wasn’t meant to be spam, just a testimonial to its advertising.
I did in fact run my neighbors truck though a yellow/red camera light along with my partner in crime. Might have made for a good laugh if the license plate # came back with two guys in ski masks and sun glasses waiving at the camera showed up in his mail…We saw the flashes, so mission complete. Yeah, yeah it would have been funnier if we side swiped a CHP instead…
Safe boating and safe driving
Mark

77charger
05-25-2007, 08:25 PM
What?
yes it is legal to drink a beer while drivin a boat that is what i said dont believ me look it up or ask boat cop.BUT you cant be over the legal limit.....

77charger
05-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Why not just take your plates off when you drive? That would definitely solve the red light an toll road problem. :)
only prob is when CHP sits just past toll booth fast trac lanes and nails anyone without the transponders and paper plates.then it becomes a moving violation!
With my motorcycle i would split the lanes going thru but not anymore in case the chp is waiting.

NautiII
05-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Hmmmm, under the legal limit......Has anyone ever heard of "Impaired to the slightest degree"??? You can be charged with a B.A.C. of .001 if they choose to do so. Just a little FYI!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-26-2007, 03:27 AM
I knew this thread would get interesting really quick...............................:idea:
I guess everyone on ***boat are angels:sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-26-2007, 03:30 AM
Let me state this before the hater come rolling in...
I will NEVER say that its ok to run a red light!!!!!! It just funny how everyone on here acts like they have never screwed up.
Have a nice day ladies and gents;)

C-2
05-26-2007, 07:15 AM
I'm surprised nobody mentions a MIRT to avoid tickets. That usually sets off all types of sirens and alarms with LEO types.:jawdrop: :sqeyes: :jawdrop: :sqeyes:

77charger
05-26-2007, 09:04 AM
Hmmmm, under the legal limit......Has anyone ever heard of "Impaired to the slightest degree"??? You can be charged with a B.A.C. of .001 if they choose to do so. Just a little FYI!
wrong that doesnt come in til .005bac but if you're under 21 then you will get popped for slightest degree with .001
like i sad ask boatcop.
Get all your facts straight first!!:D

Screemy1
05-26-2007, 10:15 AM
awhile back I was talking with a guy who installs them.... he stated that the cameras will not shoot a pic if a vehicle is going less then 15MPH so that they only shoot if a person is driving through the red.... if you are stuck in an intersection waiting to turn and the light changes... wait until you are sure and then complete your turn even if it is red and you are already out in the middle of the intersection. He said they have been the cause of a few annidents because people waiting to turn panic when the light turns yellow and they think they are going to get shot running the light, so they they turn when it is yellow right out infront of a car who is blowing through the yellow trying to make it..... so remember, don't panic if stuck in the middle of the intersection, just wait until clear and then proceed because you will not be at risk of a ticket since you will be driving slow to complete your turn after it is red.

NautiII
05-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Tell that to the truck driver I just hammered for .003.....Got his CDL suspended......Facts straight?????? Been in this business for 19 years.....8 as a traffic cop.......I think I know my facts.:D
wrong that doesnt come in til .005bac but if you're under 21 then you will get popped for slightest degree with .001
like i sad ask boatcop.
Get all your facts straight first!!:D

77charger
05-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Tell that to the truck driver I just hammered for .003.....Got his CDL suspended......Facts straight?????? Been in this business for 19 years.....8 as a traffic cop.......I think I know my facts.:D
commercial drivers another class believe it is .04 go look it up 8 years as a traffic cop.hell and i aint even a cop just know some laws.at least in california.
Drinking with an open container on a BOAT IS LEGAL!

NautiII
05-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Let me clarify, before this turns into a pissing match....This was the truckers second offense. he blew a .038. They stuck it to him. You are correct though, that commercial vehicles are .04. Being his second offense, they had no mercy. Would you want this guy driving on the road with a loaded 18 wheeler impaired??? Not me, and I didnt! It all depends on the courts, and the history of the subject involved. Being from the east coast for most of my career, they are a bit harder on DUI's, and I have seen them hammer people for being below .05. Just depends on your geographical area.
Juveniles, no tolerance. .01 and your done. TRUCE!
But, you are right about the boat!:D Heck, even I indulge while relaxing on the water.....But in moderation. Not willing to throw away all these years!! Besides, my guys wouldnt know what to do without me as there supervisor!
commercial drivers another class believe it is .04 go look it up 8 years as a traffic cop.hell and i aint even a cop just know some laws.at least in california.
Drinking with an open container on a BOAT IS LEGAL!

27 Awesome cat
05-26-2007, 05:48 PM
.04 for a CDL period.