PDA

View Full Version : water in my fuel??

suckin&pumpin
05-25-2007, 06:18 PM
I lost my filler cap and of course my deck funnels water right to my gas tanks after getting home i replaced filler and added a fuel water seperator but still runs like crap missing and blowing white smoke. Do i have to drain tanks, carb, lines, etc.?? anyone had this problem?:mad:

502 JET
05-25-2007, 06:50 PM
Water will sit on the bottom of the tank.
You should be able to pump out the water. Tilt the boat so the water goes toward the fuel pickup and pump out the water.
Drain the fuel separator and reinstall it.

cave
05-25-2007, 06:52 PM
All the time.lol. There are better fuel caps out there that solve the low free-board boat problem. Rex has them. For now take your boat and find a place that's uphill. Pull the truck & boat up that hill. Get a old plastic gallon water container to catch the gas. Disconnect the fuel line from the carb and place the fuel line into the container. Next crank the engine over a few seconds at a time till your fuel is less water. This wont get it all out. The rest should get caught be the separator. Drain that if you can. I got one that drains from the bottom.
This isn't the right way but its a start.
Replace the filler caps with the good ones and you will have less water in your fuel. They don't break as easy as the old style caps like mine do. Good luck.

suckin&pumpin
05-25-2007, 08:42 PM
makes sense thanks a lot, I always wonder why I didn't think of that LOL!!:idea: