PDA

View Full Version : What happened to these bumper boats In The Channel?

beaverretriever
05-25-2007, 09:12 PM
I don't know whats up with me lately, but I keep wanting to find cool old stuff about the lake and river areas of AZ.
I came across this picture and I happened to see some of those motorized bumper boats in the lower corner. I don't remember ever seeing those there. Are they still there, and if not when did they go away? What was the deal with them?
See everyone tomorrow night...:D
http://images.travelnow.com/hotels/condos/11012-pe1.jpg

27 Awesome cat
05-25-2007, 09:17 PM
I heard that Summitcarl sold them as turn key boats:D j/k..lol

RaceFace
05-25-2007, 09:17 PM
I haven't seen those in a few years. They probably went out when the English Village went vacant. Remember the peddle boats? Gone too.....:(

beaverretriever
05-25-2007, 09:20 PM
I haven't seen those in a few years. They probably went out when the English Village went vacant. Remember the peddle boats? Gone too.....:(
Well I hope things change down there, because its just getting worse and worse. I would love to see the channel area really cleaned up and booming.

OCMerrill
05-25-2007, 09:24 PM
I heard that Summitcarl sold them as turn key boats:D j/k..lol
I remember this battle and that right there is :D.

RaceFace
05-25-2007, 09:24 PM
The story I've heard is the guy who owns the empty side of the English Village is trying to get it zoned for condo's.....or some sort of pissing contest with city council. I don't see it getting "restored" anytime soon....if ever. Its too bad. At Christmas time, there used to be lights EVERYWHERE. Really cool!! We took the kids down there last year...was kind of a drag. Somebody somewhere screwed a good thing up.

27 Awesome cat
05-25-2007, 09:31 PM
I remember this battle and that right there is :D.
Got me busting up:D

mark49
05-25-2007, 09:32 PM
I go back further... I was 18, looked maybe 19?? at that time AZ drinking age was 19, many a wonderful night crawling out of the Pub drunk...

BigDoug
05-25-2007, 09:34 PM
"turn key" boats....................that was good !! :D

27 Awesome cat
05-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Wheres Jordy??????????:D

sleekcraft80
05-25-2007, 09:45 PM
I don't know whats up with me lately, but I keep wanting to find cool old stuff about the lake and river areas of AZ.
I came across this picture and I happened to see some of those motorized bumper boats in the lower corner. I don't remember ever seeing those there. Are they still there, and if not when did they go away? What was the deal with them?
See everyone tomorrow night...:D
http://images.travelnow.com/hotels/condos/11012-pe1.jpg
Those bumper boats were there last year if I recall.

OverKill
05-25-2007, 10:11 PM
My wife and I were there in Febuary and alot of the shops were all gone. I remember as a kid the Salt water taffy shop. I guess the good old days are going fast.

OCMerrill
05-26-2007, 06:46 AM
If I were to buy a bumper boat I think I would "Test Drive" one first. :D :D :D

HavaSkank
05-26-2007, 06:56 AM
The story I've heard is the guy who owns the empty side of the English Village is trying to get it zoned for condo's.....or some sort of pissing contest with city council. I don't see it getting "restored" anytime soon....if ever. Its too bad. At Christmas time, there used to be lights EVERYWHERE. Really cool!! We took the kids down there last year...was kind of a drag. Somebody somewhere screwed a good thing up.
I was out there in December a couple years ago and they had the village all lit up, Santa was there and they were even blowing snow from a machine! This of course pissed me off, considering I went to AZ to f'ing get OUT of the snow, therefore I shot Santa.
So, I guess Im to blame

RaceFace
05-26-2007, 07:16 AM
I was out there in December a couple years ago and they had the village all lit up, Santa was there and they were even blowing snow from a machine! This of course pissed me off, considering I went to AZ to f'ing get OUT of the snow, therefore I shot Santa.
So, I guess Im to blame
LMAO!! :D :D

lawbreaker2
05-26-2007, 07:51 AM
The city outlawed them along with dancing on the top of you boat, If I recall, bumper boats= fun, Fun= against law. Right.:idea:

Boatcop
05-26-2007, 08:40 AM
They couldn't make any money. Everyone brings their own Bumper Boats. ;)

77charger
05-26-2007, 08:42 AM
They couldn't make any money. Everyone brings their own Bumper Boats. ;)
why have toys when you can have the real thing on big weekends right!

FOURQ
05-26-2007, 08:34 PM
lmfoa .. um .. no ill keep my mouth shut....:D :D

BigDoug
05-26-2007, 11:39 PM
Easy there shawn !! :D ...............he already knows