PDA

View Full Version : how much oil in jet

dwmmatt23
05-26-2007, 05:52 PM
how much oil does a stock panther jet take? and any recommendations on getting old oil out? i used a oil transfer pump from my work to take out what i could from fill and put some new oil in with a plastic syringe, but it only took maybe a 1/6 of a quart till it was full again, this seems low. i took it out for the day and checked again today and was really milky. it was that way when i first changed it after bought but think maybe just didnt get it all out in first place. any help?

Cas
05-26-2007, 08:34 PM
how much oil does a stock panther jet take? and any recommendations on getting old oil out? i used a oil transfer pump from my work to take out what i could from fill and put some new oil in with a plastic syringe, but it only took maybe a 1/6 of a quart till it was full again, this seems low. i took it out for the day and checked again today and was really milky. it was that way when i first changed it after bought but think maybe just didnt get it all out in first place. any help?
I use a hand pump that came on the container of 90w, works great and that amount of oil is a little less but not by much. As far as the milkshake, you have a broken front seal. If you want to use the boat for awhile before tearing into it, make sure you change that oil fairly often and you should be ok til the end of summer.

dwmmatt23
05-27-2007, 10:56 AM
i knew it doesnt take much but didnt think that little. i just want to be sure im gettin it all out before pumpin fresh oil back in