PDA

View Full Version : red and green eyed monster

mobldj
05-27-2007, 02:39 PM
ok im back a day early from havazoo,heres the tale,me and the family and no digg and his wife and three other friends are out for a leisurely night cruise friday night around 10pm,sittin between windsor and havasu landing just floating and bs in,im on the bow of the wildcat with ricks wife just behind me,all of the sudden i see a boat headin our way,closer it came till finally i yell rick boat,still closer,rick rick boat,still headin our way trimmed up high,reminded me of a fkin destroyer headed to ram a sub on the surface,im yellin at rick,he jumps up and fires the cheetah but he dont know which way this asshole is gonna turn,still closer and my asshole is slammin shut and i got a grip on the rail,my wife and daughter are in the back and im thinkin this ass is going right down the middle,still closer and rick slams it in reverse just as this jerk musta finally saw or heard us ,swear to god another 2 secounds and he woulda been on us,fkin wake was big coming over the bow of no doubt again,this ass backs off the throttle(probably though he hit us or swamped us under),i told rick to pull up to this asshole,i called him every word in the book,cant even remember all the nice things i said to him.i was ready to jump out of the cheetah just as he turned.wouldnt let rick come around to get his cf number,was a mariah cuddy cabin type boat,dude if you are out there reading this pm me so i can meet you in person to discuss boating safety.as close to a major disaster as it could have been.our lights were working as we checked coming out of windsor and after we almost got skewered.you gotta stay focused everywhere on the water.peace

Magic34
05-27-2007, 02:59 PM
ok im back a day early from havazoo,heres the tale,me and the family and no digg and his wife and three other friends are out for a leisurely night cruise friday night around 10pm,sittin between windsor and havasu landing just floating and bs in,im on the bow of the wildcat with ricks wife just behind me,all of the sudden i see a boat headin our way,closer it came till finally i yell rick boat,still closer,rick rick boat,still headin our way trimmed up high,reminded me of a fkin destroyer headed to ram a sub on the surface,im yellin at rick,he jumps up and fires the cheetah but he dont know which way this asshole is gonna turn,still closer and my asshole is slammin shut and i got a grip on the rail,my wife and daughter are in the back and im thinkin this ass is going right down the middle,still closer and rick slams it in reverse just as this jerk musta finally saw or heard us ,swear to god another 2 secounds and he woulda been on us,fkin wake was big coming over the bow of no doubt again,this ass backs off the throttle(probably though he hit us or swamped us under),i told rick to pull up to this asshole,i called him every word in the book,cant even remember all the nice things i said to him.i was ready to jump out of the cheetah just as he turned.wouldnt let rick come around to get his cf number,was a mariah cuddy cabin type boat,dude if you are out there reading this pm me so i can meet you in person to discuss boating safety.as close to a major disaster as it could have been.our lights were working as we checked coming out of windsor and after we almost got skewered.you gotta stay focused everywhere on the water.peace
Should have hit him with the spot light when he was approaching. Glad to hear eveyone is OK. Close call for sure.
I have an insane spotlight so if that happens, they know exactly where I am at, or they think it is God.

mobldj
05-28-2007, 05:33 PM
we had one onboard but no time to fire it up.

Mrs.Racer277
05-28-2007, 05:38 PM
That is VERY scary...Glad you guys are ok. It was a crazy weekend for sure. Rick's boat is beautiful. We saw it on our way out of Steamboat yesterday and stopped to say hi.

SummitKarl
05-28-2007, 05:47 PM
I think I head you:jawdrop: want to bet it was this Idiot
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151787

Jyruiz
05-28-2007, 07:12 PM
What an ass, glad you guys are ok.

nodigg
06-02-2007, 07:58 AM
What a story!

Mandelon
06-02-2007, 08:02 AM
I think that's why you are supposed to have a horn on board. I keep one of those really loud air horn's in a can dealios right where I can reach it. Ya might want to invest the $7.00.
Glad you avoided the accident though.

nodigg
06-02-2007, 08:06 AM
I think that's why you are supposed to have a horn on board. I keep one of those really loud air horn's in a can dealios right where I can reach it. Ya might want to invest the $7.00.
Glad you avoided the accident though.
Had a horn built in as always on my boats. Even so the horn was not on my mind, crash avoidance was. After wards, I'm thnking, why the fock didn't I hit the horn??
Anyway, here's my side to the story.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2596615#post2596615