PDA

View Full Version : Skag (Lower Unit) Repair, Vegas/Havasu?

CAHotRodBoy
05-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Tried to run from Laughlin (The Avi) to Havasu. Didn't make it!:eek: :mad:
Well, actually I did but not without F'ing up my drives and props. Anyone know of a good drive repair place in Vegas or Havasu?

SPOCKER
05-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Dont feel bad samething happend to me took a chunk out of the skag and had to buy a new prop :mad: :jawdrop:

Havasu1986
05-28-2007, 08:12 PM
My $$ is on you hit a something north of Needles bridge. ;)

CAHotRodBoy
05-28-2007, 08:17 PM
My $$ is on you hit a something north of Needles bridge. ;)
Yup! There was a low spot in middle so went hard to right side to avoid it and hit BIG rocks. I guess I turned too early. :(
Water was plenty high south of the bridge.

SPOCKER
05-28-2007, 08:18 PM
i think it was between needles bridge and Avi .. hopefully it will be all fixed for the dam run !! :confused:

Havasu1986
05-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Yup! Low spot in middle. Went hard to right side to avoid it and hit BIG rocks. I guess I turned too early. :(
Water was plenty high south of the bridge.
My buddy is building a house about 3 miles no. of the bridge right on the water. I went to look at his house and hit also. Got my a$$ back to where I know the river. :(

SPOCKER
05-28-2007, 08:24 PM
:idea: :idea: :idea: :confused: Dont think ill be doing that again !!

STV_Keith
05-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Kevin at R&R Prop Shop in Henderson, NV can fix the skeg(s) and prop(s). 702-564-7502.

Racey
05-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Tom Patterson in boulder city is excellent for skag repair, air-craft certified welder, he'll treat you right too, old time boat racer, runs cracker boxes, his brother is Bob Patterson of wood deck flat bottom fame. Super nice guy pm me if you need his number, i have it at work.

OverKill
05-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Oh I love my Jet Boat. I just seem to fly right over them rocks LOL.

SPOCKER
05-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Oh I love my Jet Boat. I just seem to fly right over them rocks LOL.
..:idea: :idea: Was that a joke ??..LOL .. :D dont laugh at me

OverKill
05-28-2007, 09:58 PM
..:idea: :idea: Was that a joke ??..LOL .. :D dont laugh at me
LOL Im sorry man your right I should'nt kick a dog when he's down. In fact here is something you can laugh at me by. I was putting along the no wake zone here at Lake Suguaro. We wen't past sandy beach and on this rock to right had a DANGER sign saying don't go past this point. Well my Buzzed ass decides to flip off the sign and laugh and proceed forward. Not even 15 seconds later, KAPOW, SCRAPE, CRUNCH, AND GRIND. I did a huge no no and floored it about 2 miles of no wake zone to the docks just to make sure I didn't have any holes and sink. Its all fixed now and I tell ya I got off lucky, I hear alot of boats have done the same thing there and sank there boat.
Well there ya go something to laugh yourself to sleep with LOL

SPOCKER
05-28-2007, 10:05 PM
LOL Im sorry man your right I should'nt kick a dog when he's down. In fact here is something you can laugh at me by. I was putting along the no wake zone here at Lake Suguaro. We wen't past sandy beach and on this rock to right had a DANGER sign saying don't go past this point. Well my Buzzed ass decides to flip off the sign and laugh and proceed forward. Not even 15 seconds later, KAPOW, SCRAPE, CRUNCH, AND GRIND. I did a huge no no and floored it about 2 miles of no wake zone to the docks just to make sure I didn't have any holes and sink. Its all fixed now and I tell ya I got off lucky, I hear alot of boats have done the same thing there and sank there boat.
Well there ya go something to laugh yourself to sleep with LOL
:D :D :D all in fun.. hope it does not happen to you again !! makes my @$$ pucker just thinking about it...lol:jawdrop:

OverKill
05-28-2007, 10:34 PM
No way it will ever happen again "I HOPE". Your right about one thing it does make your ass pucker up real fast LOL. So I hope the damage wasn't to bad and won't hit the dollars with a knock out punch.
So do you ever go on the Parker Strip? If not Im sure I wll see your ride in Havasu and tie off to tip a few. It was nice chatting with someone with a sense of humor. Talk with you soon
OverKill

SPOCKER
05-28-2007, 10:39 PM
No way it will ever happen again "I HOPE". Your right about one thing it does make your ass pucker up real fast LOL. So I hope the damage wasn't to bad and won't hit the dollars with a knock out punch.
So do you ever go on the Parker Strip? If not Im sure I wll see your ride in Havasu and tie off to tip a few. It was nice chatting with someone with a sense of humor. Talk with you soon
OverKill
YA I WENT TO THE "OP6" .. ILL BE AT THE DAM RUN IN 2 WEEKS ;)

OverKill
05-28-2007, 10:48 PM
YA I WENT TO THE "OP6" .. ILL BE AT THE DAM RUN IN 2 WEEKS ;)
Sounds great, I have a place in Big River we head up there about every two monts. I won't be able to make out on the water til Labor Day weekend. On 3-18-07 I was hit head on by a drunk driver and crushed both my feet. Among other things broken ( Broken femur, broke left arm, 4 vertibre). So I won't be able to walk until August 1st. So being wheelchair bound till then You will probably see me on here alot just to keep my minds off things. So deffinatley plan for Labor Day weekend to meet up and a BBQ at my place if you would like.

SPOCKER
05-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Sounds great, I have a place in Big River we head up there about every two monts. I won't be able to make out on the water til Labor Day weekend. On 3-18-07 I was hit head on by a drunk driver and crushed both my feet. Among other things broken ( Broken femur, broke left arm, 4 vertibre). So I won't be able to walk until August 1st. So being wheelchair bound till then You will probably see me on here alot just to keep my minds off things. So deffinatley plan for Labor Day weekend to meet up and a BBQ at my place if you would like.
SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN TO ME !! HOPE YOU GET BETTER FASTER SO YOU CAN GET BACK OUT ON THE WATER

OverKill
05-28-2007, 10:59 PM
Me to If plans change I will send you a PM if I head out a few weeks earlier for a test run.

SPOCKER
05-28-2007, 11:10 PM
Me to If plans change I will send you a PM if I head out a few weeks earlier for a test run.
SOUND GOOD MAN

CAHotRodBoy
05-29-2007, 08:54 AM
Kevin at R&R Prop Shop in Henderson, NV can fix the skeg(s) and prop(s). 702-564-7502.
I'll give him a call. Thanks.

scarabrick2
05-29-2007, 09:06 AM
Kevin at R&R does good work. Did a prop for my bro 270 Hallett. Great guy and willing to help.
Rick