PDA

View Full Version : My new (to me) Donzi

brwn234
05-28-2007, 07:57 PM
I just bought a '00 Donzi 22zx. I'm so excited. The only boat I've owned before this was a Hawaiian Jetboat. I've got a million questions and things I want to do. I'll get to all of them sometime soon. But for now I just have a few.
Boat covers-I've got a cockpit cover thats in good shape but I want to get a full cover. Is there any site on the internet that sells quality covers that fit well and are affordable?
Fuel odor in Cabin- Every time I get in the cabin there's a strong smell of fuel. The cockpit and the engine compartment dont have anywhere near as strong an odor. I couldnt imagine staying in there for more than 5 minutes. Where could this be coming from? Any ideas on how to make the cabin bearable and useful for more than just storage?

beaverretriever
05-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Congrats on the new boat and welcome to the forums. :)

spectras only
05-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Congrats on the ZX . It's a pretty good boat for rough water ,with a lot more freeboard compared to the 22 classic .I would investigate about the fuel odor right away.Is the filler in the forward section of the boat ? The filler hose may have a loose fitting at the tank . Go to www.nwoffshore.com , and send a pm to "Uncle Fester" , he's got a 22 ZX . He might be able to tell you if there was any issues with this model .Westland boat covers , they have a cover for nearly any make !
http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?no=15176F