PDA

View Full Version : My first ride in a Skater

Racey
05-28-2007, 09:00 PM
I got my first ride in a skater Saturday morning this weekend, I camped out with the Herbst gang on Mead, Eddie took me and the guys i was with for a ride in the 46, ran it up to about 125, it was full of fuel, and then backed it down to about 70 and jumped out of the driver's seat and said "You drive it back" :eek: Uhhh Hell Yeah!!! What a trip, man those things are so much different from small V-bottoms. I ran it right up to 125-126 and it was totally effortless, seemed like you were doing 50. We got back to camp and as we were pulling in the cove somehow we got the Idea to take Carl for a ski ride behind it, that's a trip to see, it was glass water and he was skiing outside the wake about 70 on his play ski, when he would cut behind the rooster tails he would totally disappear :eek: Totally made my weekend at this point!
Then he ended up going home Sunday night and left me and Carl with the boat to handle the rest of the weekend, I ran the throttles and Carl drove, :D I was grinnin ear to ear all day long! a couple of 20 something year old bachelors left to boat with that thing Memorial weekend, what a trip! We ran it easy since it had 89 in it, all you could get at the fuel dock, Flipped to the low octane map on the efi, and it had the low boost pulleys on, but the thing runs 75-80mph all day long not even making boost, A total blast, i never would have expected a weekend like this in a million years!
The only proof this ever happened! Other than HowardFlat's coerced story :D
Praise the good old camera phone
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31999&stc=1&d=1180589814

Pussywhippled
05-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Nice...

hoolign
05-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Much like my weekend!
I pulled over to help a guy fix a flat on a 12' aluminum with a 5 Hp sears! He gave me a beer :D
Sounds like you did a "bit" better :D

scarabrick2
05-29-2007, 05:20 AM
RACEY
I went for a ride on a spectre powerboats 36 foot this weekend at mead. Upper basin. went 121 but it had more. Boat was one the rev limiters. Has bigger props coming. Where did you guys camp? Saw the terribles v drive twin turbo at echo on the trailer sunday afternoon.

GoCiggie31
05-29-2007, 05:32 AM
is that their (Herbst Corp) fairly-new red skater with the trick paint job featured in the rags a few months ago?
any pics? Congrats

Racey
05-29-2007, 06:39 AM
Yeah it's all red with trick graphics, some gold pin striping and the pump man logo

Baja Big Dog
05-29-2007, 06:48 AM
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb115/bajabigdog/worthlesswopics.gif

Jordy
05-29-2007, 06:50 AM
This is from SEMA in '05:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31839&stc=1&d=1180450139
It's amazing how big that boat is. Sounds like you had a blast!!! :D :D :D
Did you get to drive with your knee while holding the beer bong though, that's the ultimate Skater trick. :)

the_gray_goose
05-29-2007, 08:51 AM
Here is a pic of it in the water in newport after we took it over to catalina for lunch last summer.
Ed did the same thing to me after we left the island. It is a real eticket ride for sure.
Ed is by far one of the nicest guys. And he is a real boater.
Just loves to be on the water.
I was with his brother Tim in parker this weekend and had blast with them.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/CIMG1142_sm.jpg

Racey
05-29-2007, 08:56 AM
This is from SEMA in '05:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31839&stc=1&d=1180450139
It's amazing how big that boat is. Sounds like you had a blast!!! :D :D :D
Did you get to drive with your knee while holding the beer bong though, that's the ultimate Skater trick. :)
Hold the wheel with your knee, fuggitaboutit you dont need to hold it at all! :D
That's the boat! i didnt have a camera this weekend, i did get a picture on my cell phone but lost my bluetooth deal to send the pictures to the computer with.
scarabrick2, was the Spectre all white with a blue dana tunnel plate, whipple charged motors, and IMCO drives? I made the transom plates for the drives on that thing for Pat at All Seasons, they raised the engines and gimbles 3" this winter trying to get the thing running right, sounds like they are getting there with it. 130+ is haulin ass! i didnt quite make it that fast out there!

scarabrick2
05-29-2007, 09:03 AM
That's the boat I believe mark was his name. What a great guy!!!! took 4 of us for a ride of our lives. Boat is awsome. he said he needs bigger wheels as the motor was on the limiters. I believe Pat from all seasons was with him along with his GF. Boat is set up great. turn key and GO motors. All seasons(pat i believe) and Mark with the spectre are two very friendly and helpfull people. We were parked next to them on Saturday.
Rick
270 Hallett closed bow

Racey
05-29-2007, 10:15 AM
That's the boat I believe mark was his name. What a great guy!!!! took 4 of us for a ride of our lives. Boat is awsome. he said he needs bigger wheels as the motor was on the limiters. I believe Pat from all seasons was with him along with his GF. Boat is set up great. turn key and GO motors. All seasons(pat i believe) and Mark with the specture are two very friendly and helpfull people. We were parked next to them on Saturday.
Rick
270 Hallett closed bow
I've never met Mark, but i know Pat very well, he's a great guy, always in a good mood. His shop is right around the corner from ours, Every shop in boulder city is right around the corner though :D Glad to hear you had fun with those guys, they are always fun to party with.

HowardFlat
05-30-2007, 04:16 PM
I got to ride back with Racey on Monday and although we only did 80 I couldn't help but smile the whole time. Wish I could of gone a little faster, but it was a dream of mine coming true. We pulled up to the dock in that thing and instantly there was a crowd. You can pull some serious poon in that thing!

HowardFlat
I got to ride back with Racey on Monday and although we only did 80 I couldn't help but smile the whole time. Wish I could of gone a little faster, but it was a dream of mine coming true. We pulled up to the dock in that thing and instantly there was a crowd. You can pull some serious poon in that thing!

HowardFlat

HowardFlat
05-30-2007, 04:21 PM

Nord
05-30-2007, 04:40 PM
While you guys were having a great time in the Herbst Skater, someone else in their family was cutting off a Parker Local towing a broke down little boat and just about ran them over with their Hallet (Red 340). Pretty tacky if you ask me. There was a father and his 13 year old daughter in the boat and they both were petrified and soaked by time it was over. It took place where the bouys mark off the shallows above Fox's before the Dam. When confronted later about it, he said he didn't even know he did anything wrong!!!! They all seem to be a nice family, but I guess nice people make mistakes too.

Havasu Hangin'
05-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Congrats (http://users.accesscomm.ca/tombrown/Got Roost.wmv). That is a very cool boat.