PDA

View Full Version : I finally got it right!!!!!!

Dominator Scott
05-29-2007, 07:10 AM
Well after a whole weekend of changing carb jets,power valves, vacuum secondary springs and having the patience of Jobe. I defyed the odd's and accomplished what a couple members here thought was a losing battle. I got the tunnel ram and carbs tuned in and running perfectly.:D
I will admit that it wasn't easy by any means and I was beginning to wonder if I was just chasing my tail but at 8:00pm the quest was over and the Sanger was runnin' stronger than ever. She is at about 5200RPM's at WOT and smackin' 70-72MPH on the speedo. The mid range acceleration is absolutely incredible and on the top end the motor just roar's without skippin' a beat. I was actually quite surprised at how much jet I had to throw at the carbs to get this thing setup properly.
Here is a rundown of how the carbs are setup now.
Weiand tunnel ram / Dual Holley 600cfm vacuum secondary carbs.
BEFORE CARB STATS AFTER CARB STATS
Primary jets-66's Primary jets-72's
Secondary jets-67's(Jet plate) Sec. jets-80's/Rear meter block
Power valves 7.5's Power valves 10.5's
Vacuum sec. spring-Std. black Vacuum sec. spring-short yellow
(1600-5000RPM range spring)
I did try jetting up more to 76's in the primary and 83's in the secondary to see what would happen but she was too fat and lost performance so I took it back to the 72/80 combo and I'm calling it a day.
Now I just have to figure out why mt tach crapped out on me mid-day Sunday. It's always something.:rolleyes:

pw_Tony
05-29-2007, 10:14 AM
That's great to hear you got your carb troubles figured out! God those things can be a pain sometimes. We just replaced our 660's for DP450's on our chevy and tuned them in this weekend also. Way better with the 450's. What kind of motor set up you runnin?

Dominator Scott
05-29-2007, 11:22 AM
That's great to hear you got your carb troubles figured out! God those things can be a pain sometimes. We just replaced our 660's for DP450's on our chevy and tuned them in this weekend also. Way better with the 450's. What kind of motor set up you runnin?
Runnin' a Ford 460 big block with Hooker headers,Weiand tunnel ram,dual Holley 600's and a Berkley 12JG pump.

Heatseeker
05-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Glad to hear you got her going Scott. It sounds like she's running pretty good now!
Now, burn lotsa fuel :D .