PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Stories

BALLSDEEP
05-29-2007, 08:30 AM
Aside form it looking like Latin America in Havasu this weekend was there any other issues or accidents?
We launched at Crazy Horse this weekend and couldnÂ’t believe the number of Latinos that were thereÂ….not really sure what happened.
Saturday while we were floating down the river by Moabi there was a rush of patrol boats headed up river. We saw a bunch of crap floating in the water and thought there was a possible boating accident. We never head anything about it.
Sunday up past the Avi hotel there was another rush of patrol and rescues boats and it looked like they were looking for a body. Any details?
Sunday night heading down river right before you enter the lake on the right side of the river, there was a party boat with about 10 people in life jackets hand cuffed to the boat with 2 patrol boats. Any idea what happened?
I was surprised nobody posted anything; hopefully everyone had a safe trip.

HM
05-29-2007, 08:32 AM
Aside form it looking like Latin America in Havasu this weekend was there any other issues or accidents?
We launched at Crazy Horse this weekend and couldnÂ’t believe the number of Latinos that were thereÂ….not really sure what happened.
Saturday while we were floating down the river by Moabi there was a rush of patrol boats headed up river. We saw a bunch of crap floating in the water and thought there was a possible boating accident. We never head anything about it.
Sunday up past the Avi hotel there was another rush of patrol and rescues boats and it looked like they were looking for a body. Any details?
Sunday night heading down river right before you enter the lake on the right side of the river, there was a party boat with about 10 people in life jackets hand cuffed to the boat with 2 patrol boats. Any idea what happened?
They haven't posted bail yet. :D

yopengo
05-29-2007, 08:36 AM
We launched from CattailÂ…I love that placeÂ…um I mean it really sucksÂ…stay away. Camped out at three dunes on Sat night. No issues just lots of fun. :D :D :D

Baja Big Dog
05-29-2007, 08:38 AM
Someone said they saw a large green bus, with blacked out windows leaving Havasu, headed south this morning...:confused:

Quest4Fun
05-29-2007, 09:02 AM
From what I've read in the paper this morning...
There was a boat that exploded North of Topock which injured 4 people (burns) but no deaths reported.
The Avi incident was probably the drowning of a man that jumped off the front of a deck boat and never resurfaced...This happened on Saturday, but they did not find him until Sunday.
Don't know the deal with the party boat...could be any number of things:jawdrop:

lewiville
05-29-2007, 09:17 AM
We launched from CattailÂ…I love that placeÂ…um I mean it really sucksÂ…stay away. Camped out at three dunes on Sat night. No issues just lots of fun. :D :D :D
my buddy tried launching from there and said it was closed down early. maybe around 8 or so. They need to work on there breakfast to. It sucked last weekend. Burt bacon sucks.

Big Warlock
05-29-2007, 09:18 AM
Gracias Amigo for coming to Havasu!!! Esperamos next weekend tambien!! Todo bueno aqui in Havasu!! :D
Can I sell you some real estate amigo??? :D

rvr_d8
05-29-2007, 09:36 AM
Some of our crew was staying in or near by Park Moabi and said they watch a jet come in, let off the gas, get swamped, nose up, boat down in just a few seconds! 6 people aboard jumped off and stuff floating everywhere. Not sure if that was the police call or not that you were asking about, :confused: but that was Saturday.
One of our guys had a cop chop following overhead down river.....we figured he was just admiring the "American Pride" boat!!;) :D
We all had a fun safe weekend in the Willow Valley area!
Only trouble spot was when we ventured up to the Dam and were in SeaDoo Hell, but the water patrol was all over it!! Atta Boys!!
We had a few young gun races later in the day, very entertaining!!
Just a real good and safe weekend for us.

zudnic
05-29-2007, 10:19 AM
My local River was not that busy at all. Leaving a whole 3 boats ahead of me on the ramp. An a-hole dropped off his passengers in a fairly new Bayliner and right beside the launch courtesy dock he was being lake lice annoying doing 360' turns creating a wake. Also blasting his stereo.. His buddy backed his truck down the ramp, for people that probably grew up doing orchard work could'nt back a trailer worth chit. Do bayliners sit on one of the fenders of the trailer? Interesting metal bunks! Backed down again got the boat properly sitting on trailer. They pull the boat up and driver dude forgot to raise the drive, that what you get for creating a wake A-hole and jumping ahead of me when I was clearly next in line to leave......... Sucks bank of America have allowed just anyone to get loans from them with limited identification................... :jawdrop: