PDA

View Full Version : Weekend story...why leave home when you can have it out with your neigbor?

HM
05-29-2007, 08:38 AM
There have been many posts on ***boat about neighbors that are some kind of problem. The debate always comes up "why don't you just go talk to the guy...he'd probably doesn't even know you are upset...why be so trigger happy with calling the cops or HOA?"
Well, I have a neighbor who has a dog that gets out of their yard on a regular basis. His dog happens to like to come over to my house, go into my backyard, and bark at my dogs in their dog run where of course my dogs bark back. On Sunday morning, their dog was in my backyard again causing a ruckus. So, I run him off back to his house (did I mention that this dog actually gets a bit aggressive with me....on my own property?). The wife is yelling from their house and sees me chasing her dog back to her house...where she just stands and waits for him. This house is on a different street, but it is a house behind the house across the street. The house across the street has no fencing.
So, since this has been about a dozen times(that I have ran him off...my wife has had to run him off a bunch of times...he has been out countless time) in the last two years, I decide to go talk to them and tell them that I am not happy about their dog habitually getting out and coming to my house. The husband takes the attitude of "so what? Dogs are dogs. What is the harm in my dog coming to visit your dogs?" I tell him that he is not visiting...he gets my dogs rialed and actually gets a bit aggressive with me when I run him off. He says "He can be nice on occasion...especially if you are not trying to run him off. What are you going to do about it? Call the HOA?" I responded...."Your dog gets out on a regular basis...comes over to my house and irritates my dogs...and this is my problem?" They then escalate their tone and tell me to call the POA if I don't like it. They both start to yell about some other bullshit and I just say "Alright" and I turn and leave. They are both screaming obscenities at me as I am leaving and the guy says "If my dog gets hurt...I know where you live!!!"
Now, I am not one to hurt animals of irresponsible owners, but I was just blown away at how the whole thing escalated and I barely said two words and how this guy jumped to the conclusion of me hurting his dog. I then called our HOA and explained the situation. Our HOA is like an HOA on steroids as we have a full blown community patrol that likes to power trip. They pay a visit to the neighbor and give him an official warning. The next time it is a fine of like $150 or more, and then it doubles after that. I think after three citations, they have to get rid of the dog or move.
I find out from my other neighbor that they had to call our HOA on that neighbor and the lame neighbor ended up getting fined $500 for getting hostile with the POA.
This was my conclusion about the whole thing....
If a neighbor is doing something stupid/inconsiderate/Etc and does not come and talk to this neighbors in advance, there is no need to talk to them because they don't give a shit...proven by what they are doing in the first place. If there is any ounce that they are reasonable neighbors, they would apologize after a complaint was made - which the one finger salute they gave me from a distance was a pretty good indication that they probably will pass on any kind of appology.
I shouldn't be suprised...this is just more evidence of how our society is an all about "me" society and that know one wants to be accountible/responsible for themselves.

Baja Big Dog
05-29-2007, 08:44 AM
This reinstates my belief...
Some pets shouldn't have owners!!

phebus
05-29-2007, 08:44 AM
Hopefully enough people will complain that they just decide to move on.

RitcheyRch
05-29-2007, 08:47 AM
Cant believe he stood up to the 3 legged hairy midget.

lewiville
05-29-2007, 08:49 AM
so the out come is .........what? I am learning something here. you just cant cut us off. what happens next?

BIGAMIST
05-29-2007, 08:55 AM
Holy, hold on to your sunglasses or take em off :D :D

photo chick
05-29-2007, 08:58 AM
I continually complain about my neighbors here in this strange Tx community. They never come out of their houses and when they do they pull into their garages and shut the door before they even get out of the car. Having said that, I'm glad they aren't like yours!
I'd be worried now that this ass would come and do something to my dogs...

HM
05-29-2007, 09:02 AM
so the out come is .........what? I am learning something here. you just cant cut us off. what happens next?
The outcome was that I did call our HOA and they gave him an official warning. The next violation will have fines and they have a maximum of 3 or violations until you have to remove the dog or move out of the community. And, they already have a record and been fined by our HOA from other neighbors that have complained about other issues.
And the bigger outcome is that I am not going to go talk to any neighbor about any situations like this...it is pretty obvious they don't care so I will just file a complaint with the proper authorities...which is usually the HOA in my case. And, they answer the phone 24/7. I know HOA's are usually more of a pain than they are worth, but occasionally they come in handy. Although...I am never one that complained about an HOA as I read and understood the rules when I moved in...to complain about them would be stupid, in my opinion.

DMOORE
You know the saying, "you can't fix stupid". It's amazing how many people simply have no class.
Darrell.

Jbb
Bang!....................problem solved....:)

Blown 472
A kitchen sponge with some bacon grease on it and the problem just goes away.

HM
05-29-2007, 09:04 AM
Holy, hold on to your sunglasses or take em off :D :D
LOL....had my sunglasses on. But, i have learned from my mistakes and kept about 10 feet away. :D

HM
05-29-2007, 09:12 AM
If they aren't concerned with the HOA, then next time the dog is in your yard call Animal Control.
The HOA is truly the major force in our community. Animal control will do a good job of alleviating the dog problem, but, when reported to the HOA, they become targets of being closely watched on an array of things, especially since they have had issues in the recent past.

photo chick
05-29-2007, 09:14 AM
The HOA is truly the major force in our community. Animal control will do a good job of alleviating the dog problem, but, when reported to the HOA, they become targets of being closely watched on an array of things, especially since they have had issues in the recent past.
Yeah and that way the owner is penalized not the dog!! He's already penalized by having idiots for owners. You'd think they'd be worried about him getting hit or stolen as much as he gets out.

zudnic
05-29-2007, 09:57 AM
My dogs are never outside alone and I take them out one on one, never all 3 at same time. Former neighbors left a nice note about being gun club members and if my dogs get into their yard hint.... Their two labs barked all night tried getting under our fence and charged the fence if my dog(s) where outside........ Two of my dogs are advanced trained and respond to hand signals. So when the wife was outside would have them laydown and stay at the fence with her dogs trying to get the going. Dont think they noticed how much better my dogs are trained...... These people where not only like yours they tried to dictate how others lived, without doing themselves....

Sherpa
05-29-2007, 10:36 AM
it's always a last resort.......... but,
dead dogs wag no tails.

Cigalert
05-29-2007, 11:08 AM
I have a neighbor right across the street that has 2 sons he makes walk the POS dog. I'm a dog lover and cat hater. One of the sons is now in college and is a lot more polite with the "could you take your dog to crap somewhere other than my front porch." The younger son is about 14 and is the one I constantly see letting fido drop a duece on my lawn. I've had a talk with his pops and the guy tells me "boys will be boys". After some more discussions I found out the dad doesn't like when the dog uses their backyard cause it stinks and gets messy. They just walk over to my house (the closest yard) and let him rip. I was cutting some wood in my garage the other day and left my cars parked outside. I guess the dog doesn't like my new wheels on my car cause he pissed all over them. It took a lot to not choke piss out of the kid holding the leash. He laughed, I called HOA. We'll see what happens.
WTF is the matter with people? This california housing market is making me crazy. This chitbox paid about 150k for his place 10 years ago, made a ton in equity and I come along 10 years later pay way too much for my place that he probably can't afford anymore on a teachers salary and I'm the POS that gets turds on my lawn? What gives?
The good thing is this dog guy is the only problem neighbor I have around. The community mailbox is right accross the street from my place. Since I moved in I've been doing nothing but upgrades and I'm constantly in the garage working on something. Every neighbor stops by for a beer or just to chat everytime they see me. Except turd boy.

Jbb
05-29-2007, 11:11 AM
I have a neighbor right across the street that has 2 sons he makes walk the POS dog. I'm a dog lover and cat hater. One of the sons is now in college and is a lot more polite with the "could you take your dog to crap somewhere other than my front porch." The younger son is about 14 and is the one I constantly see letting fido drop a duece on my lawn. I've had a talk with his pops and the guy tells me "boys will be boys". After some more discussions I found out the dad doesn't like when the dog uses their backyard cause it stinks and gets messy. They just walk over to my house (the closest yard) and let him rip. I was cutting some wood in my garage the other day and left my cars parked outside. I guess the dog doesn't like my new wheels on my car cause he pissed all over them. It took a lot to not choke piss out of the kid holding the leash. He laughed, I called HOA. We'll see what happens.
WTF is the matter with people? This california housing market is making me crazy. This chitbox paid about 150k for his place 10 years ago, made a ton in equity and I come along 10 years later pay way too much for my place that he probably can't afford anymore on a teachers salary and I'm the POS that gets turds on my lawn? What gives?
The good thing is this dog guy is the only problem neighbor I have around. The community mailbox is right accross the street from my place. Since I moved in I've been doing nothing but upgrades and I'm constantly in the garage working on something. Every neighbor stops by for a beer or just to chat everytime they see me. Except turd boy.
I see alot of possibilities for payback here......
Have shovel....will travel...:D

RitcheyRch
05-29-2007, 11:20 AM
I was thinking the same thing but another possible payback is the turds in a bag and set them on fire on his front porch. :D
I see alot of possibilities for payback here......
Have shovel....will travel...:D

Cigalert
05-29-2007, 11:39 AM
actually the dad recently bought a convertible which he likes to park right outside my place with the top down. That gives a whole new meaning to "objects are closer than they appear"

Garrddogg
05-29-2007, 11:58 AM
actually the dad recently bought a convertible which he likes to park right outside my place with the top down. That gives a whole new meaning to "objects are closer than they appear"
oooh, ya know i just cant help thinkin rubber glove and siht being pressed into the heater/ac vents....mabe even a pencil to get it in a little further.
just a thought.

Sleek-Jet
05-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Next time call animal control. Let the guy pay to get his dog out of the pound.

Waist Deep
05-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Youre right with they dont give a shit. I've called on my neighbors dogs, 4 of em, and the guy ask why I called. I simply stated that I requested something be done b4, but it got outta control.
Animal Control came out, fined him for unlicensed dogs and after he paid the fine, one of the barkers died.
Now he satill has 3 barkers and won't shut em up. I gotta spray em down with the hose if I want quiet.
The guy even thinks its funny that the dogs are talking to eachother.
P.O.S.
So, with that being said, I'll call again soon.

Classic Daycruiser
05-29-2007, 12:33 PM
Holy,
Video tape the dogs being harassed. Get an attorney and file a $500 law suit in small claims court.
Make those neighbors show up in court and you both get to explain to a judge what has happened.
Don't let the HOA get what should be yours.:idea:

STV_Keith
05-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Here in NV, you pay animal control a $60 "deposit" on their trap and they will deliver a "cat" trap to you. I'd have them bring one out, put it in your yard with some tuna in it and wait til the doggy gets hooked up...then send him off to doggy jail.
Here in NV, they don't cash your check, just hold on to it until you call them to pick it up (max of 21 days I think).
Send his boy to the pound a few times and I bet things will change. It isn't cheap to get your pooch back, at least here.

HM
05-29-2007, 02:05 PM
Holy,
Video tape the dogs being harassed. Get an attorney and file a $500 law suit in small claims court.
Make those neighbors show up in court and you both get to explain to a judge what has happened.
Don't let the HOA get what should be yours.:idea:
Interesting you said that as my 4 infared camera security system just showed up today. :D
But, going to court is way too much work to waste on these jerks. The HOA works pretty hard for their extorsion. And they have a full organization dedicated to making people's live miserable. :D

CA Stu
05-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Send the dog to Beaumont.
Thanks
CA Stu

HM
05-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Send the dog to Beaumont.
Thanks
CA Stu
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/290rubbing.jpg

squirt'nmyload
05-29-2007, 02:43 PM
oooh, ya know i just cant help thinkin rubber glove and siht being pressed into the heater/ac vents....mabe even a pencil to get it in a little further.
just a thought.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

RiverDave
05-29-2007, 03:03 PM
There have been many posts on ***boat about neighbors that are some kind of problem. The debate always comes up "why don't you just go talk to the guy...he'd probably doesn't even know you are upset...why be so trigger happy with calling the cops or HOA?"
Well, I have a neighbor who has a dog that gets out of their yard on a regular basis. His dog happens to like to come over to my house, go into my backyard, and bark at my dogs in their dog run where of course my dogs bark back. On Sunday morning, their dog was in my backyard again causing a ruckus. So, I run him off back to his house (did I mention that this dog actually gets a bit aggressive with me....on my own property?). The wife is yelling from their house and sees me chasing her dog back to her house...where she just stands and waits for him. This house is on a different street, but it is a house behind the house across the street. The house across the street has no fencing.
So, since this has been about a dozen times(that I have ran him off...my wife has had to run him off a bunch of times...he has been out countless time) in the last two years, I decide to go talk to them and tell them that I am not happy about their dog habitually getting out and coming to my house. The husband takes the attitude of "so what? Dogs are dogs. What is the harm in my dog coming to visit your dogs?" I tell him that he is not visiting...he gets my dogs rialed and actually gets a bit aggressive with me when I run him off. He says "He can be nice on occasion...especially if you are not trying to run him off. What are you going to do about it? Call the HOA?" I responded...."Your dog gets out on a regular basis...comes over to my house and irritates my dogs...and this is my problem?" They then escalate their tone and tell me to call the POA if I don't like it. They both start to yell about some other bullshit and I just say "Alright" and I turn and leave. They are both screaming obscenities at me as I am leaving and the guy says "If my dog gets hurt...I know where you live!!!"
Now, I am not one to hurt animals of irresponsible owners, but I was just blown away at how the whole thing escalated and I barely said two words and how this guy jumped to the conclusion of me hurting his dog. I then called our HOA and explained the situation. Our HOA is like an HOA on steroids as we have a full blown community patrol that likes to power trip. They pay a visit to the neighbor and give him an official warning. The next time it is a fine of like $150 or more, and then it doubles after that. I think after three citations, they have to get rid of the dog or move.
I find out from my other neighbor that they had to call our HOA on that neighbor and the lame neighbor ended up getting fined $500 for getting hostile with the POA.
This was my conclusion about the whole thing....
If a neighbor is doing something stupid/inconsiderate/Etc and does not come and talk to this neighbors in advance, there is no need to talk to them because they don't give a shit...proven by what they are doing in the first place. If there is any ounce that they are reasonable neighbors, they would apologize after a complaint was made - which the one finger salute they gave me from a distance was a pretty good indication that they probably will pass on any kind of appology.
I shouldn't be suprised...this is just more evidence of how our society is an all about "me" society and that know one wants to be accountible/responsible for themselves.
HolyMoly, interesting read, and I'm sorry to hear your having problems with your neighbor. :(
I think you did the right thing by going over there and trying to sort it out. You learned the guy is a prick, and now you know to handle any issues with that guy via the HOA now.
I would still give the next neighbor the benefit of the doubt though.. Don't just call the HOA, go talk to the next one, and see how it works out.
I've had many issues with my neighbors over the years, and becuase I took the time to understand their side of it, and diplomatically explain my side of it, most of those issues have been resolved, and have formed bonds of friendship and community. I.E. some of the same people that I used to want to strangle, now watch my house kinda deal.
I dunno, I always give people the benefit of the doubt.. I have run into a few though that there just ain't no way no how.. For those I handle through the channels that are there.
RD

Riverkid
05-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Interesting you said that as my 4 infared camera security system just showed up today. :D
I'm gonna kick you right in the junk. You'll need a ladder for that. :D
My neighbors now have all their kids shooting Bows and Arrows. No one watches them. So I find an arrow planted right in front of my kid's swingset. It even has there last name on it. I call the HOA - they do nothing. I call the Sheriffs, they do nothing.
Three days later the SO stops me pulling out and asks me to show him my yard. I do and he then asks why did I poison their Great Dane that just died? I laughed and said I handled that with the county a while back. Didn't know the dog passed. Since the county made them debark the dog I had no issue. Now the SO is pissed. I said no problem with a weapon in my kids play yard but now you're a dog lover? You know where the gate is.

HM
05-29-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm gonna kick you right in the junk. You'll need a ladder for that. :D
My neighbors now have all their kids shooting Bows and Arrows. No one watches them. So I find an arrow planted right in front of my kid's swingset. It even has there last name on it. I call the HOA - they do nothing. I call the Sheriffs, they do nothing.
Three days later the SO stops me pulling out and asks me to show him my yard. I do and he then asks why did I poison their Great Dane that just died? I laughed and said I handled that with the county a while back. Didn't know the dog passed. Since the county made them debark the dog I had no issue. Now the SO is pissed. I said no problem with a weapon in my kids play yard but now you're a dog lover? You know where the gate is.
I thought about you and your neighbors when I ordered the cameras!
I'd hate to be in your situation. I am far too devious to put up with that kind of shit for any length of time.
As far as that arrow...I'd return it to them into one of thier own tires. Got a compound bow? Need one? :D

Riverkid
05-29-2007, 03:38 PM
I own a Matthews. I shoot a bow. I even have a little deer out in the yard that gets hosed down when the girls aren't riding it like a horse... :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31874&stc=1&d=1180482123

SHOTKALLIN
05-29-2007, 04:00 PM
If they aren't concerned with the HOA, then next time the dog is in your yard call Animal Control.
DING DING DING!!!!:D
Since this happens all the time let dude pick his dog up at the pound. Bet it wont happen again after that. Call Animal control and report a viscious stray in your yard.
Problem solved.:devil:

HM
05-29-2007, 04:16 PM
DING DING DING!!!!:D
Since this happens all the time let dude pick his dog up at the pound. Bet it wont happen again after that. Call Animal control and report a viscious stray in your yard.
Problem solved.:devil:
I am telling you guys...our HOA makes animal control look like meter maids. Ask Riverkid about our rental cops/community patrol...they ALWAYS win. It is like a $250 minimum fine if you have an attitude with the community patrol, and it is their word against yours, and you always lose. They publish all the citations everymonth in our local weekly paper, and I crack up at how many citations are written regarding "verbal abuse to community patrol" and "non-cooperation with community patrol." They can write you 3-4 different citations...that have bite...on your attitude alone.
But, I like the suggestions! Well, I like the suggestions that do not include harm to the dog. I need to dig up Riverkid's thread about his neighbors....now he has some fooked up neihbors! Damn Corona-wanna-be-Elsinorites!!!!

Riverkid
05-29-2007, 04:37 PM
Ask Riverkid about our rental cops/community patrol...they ALWAYS win.
I like exceeding the ski limit. We see the patrol boats - we get some runs in. Then a see this little focking exploder on the back side with a radar gun! Doh! :D Next time we'll get the numbers off the boat FIRST.

HM
05-29-2007, 04:46 PM
I like exceeding the ski limit. We see the patrol boats - we get some runs in. Then a see this little focking exploder on the back side with a radar gun! Doh! :D Next time we'll get the numbers off the boat FIRST.
That was because the patrol boats didn't have radar and the cars did. The patrol boats probably baited you!!!

Riverkid
05-29-2007, 04:48 PM
I hate Canyon Lake and it hates me too. There, I said it. :D

STLRFAN
05-29-2007, 04:48 PM
I had this problem a few years ago, I tried to contact the neighbor both by mail and in person. Nothing worked until I called Animal Control, when the came out the dog was back into his own yard, they told me next time the dog came into my back yard to grab it and tie it up and call them back out. After one time in the pound the problem went away.

HM
05-29-2007, 04:52 PM
I hate Canyon Lake and it hates me too. There, I said it. :D
LOL...you know you want to hang out with us....."Swingers." :D

Kim Hanson
05-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Cant believe he stood up to the 3 legged hairy midget.
He was sitting down........( . )( . )...............:D :D

rrrr
05-29-2007, 04:58 PM
I continually complain about my neighbors here in this strange Tx community. They never come out of their houses and when they do they pull into their garages and shut the door before they even get out of the car. Having said that, I'm glad they aren't like yours!
I'd be worried now that this ass would come and do something to my dogs...
I was gonna invite you over, but I decided to stay inside all weekend instead. :D :D

Kim Hanson
05-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Well here Holy Moly the dog got out and attacked a kid pretty bad, he was a PitBull/Rotty well that dog was very agressive, buck 3 85 at the store for bullet and no more doggy.........( . )( . )..............Cops don't take no shit up here :idea: