PDA

View Full Version : Need a Local (OC) Metal Flake Supplier

Goad
05-29-2007, 11:13 AM
I am trying to find a local metal flake supplier in the orange county area. I just need some samples so I can match size and color of flakes. I am doing a metalflake gelcoat job on an old jet boat and need to match the old flake the best I can. I called a few places and couldnt get any suggestions.
Thanks!

Jbb
05-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Any jobber you find in the book will have access to HOK Sem and a half dozen other flake and pearl suppliers
google Innate and look at the website they have
Old school flake is another...
I have a sample pack of everything they make.....come on bye....you can look at it...:D

Goad
05-29-2007, 11:26 AM
I have a sample pack of everything they make.....come on bye....you can look at it...:D
sure, i will swing by after work ;)
soooo...where did you get that sample pack? I saw the selections here (http://www.tcpglobal.com/kustomshop/ksflake.aspx) and they seem like a good match color wise, but its hard to tell until you see it in person, not based on a computer picture.
I can see this getting REALLY expensive at those prices.

Jbb
05-29-2007, 11:31 AM
sure, i will swing by after work ;)
soooo...where did you get that sample pack? I saw the selections here (http://www.tcpglobal.com/kustomshop/ksflake.aspx) and they seem like a good match color wise, but its hard to tell until you see it in person, not based on a computer picture.
I can see this getting REALLY expensive at those prices.
The sample packs are all little ziplock bags tied together with a small chain...my jobber had it and gave it to me...
There are tons of suppliers out there
look at minicraft ...I think they have some too
www.minicraft.com

BrendellaJet
05-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Go to the paint store in Laguna Niguel. they are on the west side of the freeway on Camino Capistrano. Doen the street from In'n out...

Goad
05-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Go to the paint store in Laguna Niguel. they are on the west side of the freeway on Camino Capistrano. Doen the street from In'n out...
i assume youre talking about the avrey exit? they have metal flake samples? any idea what the name of the shop is?
thanks for the suggestion, I will try to swing by there this week.

jayd_jr
05-29-2007, 12:01 PM
I am trying to find a local metal flake supplier in the orange county area. I just need some samples so I can match size and color of flakes. I am doing a metalflake gelcoat job on an old jet boat and need to match the old flake the best I can. I called a few places and couldnt get any suggestions.
Thanks!
I would go to Coast Airbrush in Anaheim. They have everything on display and all the manufacturers that were mentioned above.
www.coastairbrush.com
they are on Anaheim Blvd right by Disney ice.

SOCALDETAIL1
05-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Bob Downey Paint in Whittier on Whittier Blvd. Old school place right there, they have all House Of Color paints too.

Goad
05-30-2007, 08:55 AM
thanks for the suggestions guys....i will follow up with some of these places today.