PDA

View Full Version : Got stopped for Zebra Muscles.................

Nord
05-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Got stopped for Zebra Muscles on the way home from Parker yesterday at Rice and Videl Junction Agriculture Check Point. There was a huge line for boats. They asked if I had the drain plug in, then wiped their hands under the hull and around the transom. I'm assuming it was for those little critters, they didn't tell me. Kind of a pain in the a**, but It wasn't a big deal.
Anyhone else get stopped??

Nord
05-29-2007, 02:58 PM
I like to drive thru that inspection station with an entire Mango sticking out of my mouth.
Lmao...........I saw your boat when I was walking around the "upper" sandbar, but you were nowhere to be found?? Have a good weekend?

BALLSDEEP
05-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Got stopped for Zebra Muscles on the way home from Parker yesterday at Rice and Videl Junction Agriculture Check Point. There was a huge line for boats. They asked if I had the drain plug in, then wiped their hands under the hull and around the transom. I'm assuming it was for those little critters, they didn't tell me. Kind of a pain in the a**, but It wasn't a big deal.
Anyhone else get stopped??
They stopped all boats at the check point on the way home from Havasu yesterday too.

Ziggy
05-29-2007, 03:09 PM
I like to drive thru that inspection station with an entire Mango sticking out of my mouth.
I crack up when my wife gets all paranoid about one of us eating an apple as we approach it.
3 or 4 years of "No Inspection Today" has spoiled us all... :D:D

zudnic
05-29-2007, 03:21 PM
I crack up when my wife gets all paranoid about one of us eating an apple as we approach it.
3 or 4 years of "No Inspection Today" has spoiled us all... :D:D
Thought they stopped for non-commercial traffic, coming in from I5 oregon think the sign even says that....

Ziggy
05-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Thought they stopped for non-commercial traffic, coming in from I5 oregon think the sign even says that....Like SWB said, its just now begun stopping everyone again. Few years back funding was cut drastically so the routine stop for every passenger car went away.
Now with the new threat of the Quagga mussels they've got renewed inspections, mainly for the boats. If you are just driving they ask where you were and wave you thru.
Vidal Junction is kinda in the middle of nowhere and is just a tiny little facility.

meaniam
05-29-2007, 03:39 PM
lmao.
was stopped coming down the 40 when i bought my boat. it was quick

LAFD
05-29-2007, 03:47 PM
was stopped also. no line just pulled up the lady handed me a card stating what they where looking for asked if i had the drain plug out and than wipped her hand down each pontoon. than said thanks have a nice day. took about 45 seconds..

epeagle
05-29-2007, 03:58 PM
are you supposed to leave your plug in or out?

Ziggy
05-29-2007, 04:00 PM
are you supposed to leave your plug in or out?
out.....................dries out the bilge

Fire Angler
05-29-2007, 04:03 PM
the lady than wipped her hand down each pontoon. than said thanks have a nice day. took about 45 seconds..
Would this be considered a hand job? :idea: :D

malibuken
05-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Would this be considered a hand job? :idea: :D
LOL! :D