PDA

View Full Version : Doggy Dilemma

Wet Dream
05-29-2007, 05:10 PM
The 5 year old female Golden as been in and out of the vet since last Wednesday. She can't lift her head without yelping over and over. She is in so much pain. The vet thoght it was a sore throat, meds for that. Then figured it was her neck, gave her anti-inflammatory meds, some antibiotics and now has her again after suffering all weekend. She never got pain meds. :mad: She is currently sedated and getting X rayed. He thinks he might need surgery, and I know for a 99.9% fact that she needs a damn good chiropractor. Anybody know how to do this? I know there is a way.

Nord
05-29-2007, 05:32 PM
What happened?? I'm very sad to hear this. My dog is my everything. I do know you can give your dog some types of asprins, but make sure it drinks a lot of water. I have pet insurance, so if something happens, I would take him to the emergency for 100% coverage. What did your vet recommend??

Wet Dream
05-29-2007, 06:42 PM
My guess is that she slept on her neck in a funny way, causing a misalignment. I'm still sitting here waiting for a call from the vet so I can go get her. I've been up since 4am and waiting to hear some news.

uroc
05-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Former vet tech here suggesting chiropractic/accupuncture care. sounds like a pinched nerve. Did you already try Rymadel? Surgery is a last resort..

Wet Dream
05-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Former vet tech here suggesting chiropractic/accupuncture care. sounds like a pinched nerve. Did you already try Rymadel? Surgery is a last resort..
Thank you for your first post. Wish you didn't leave so soon. I know its a pinched nerve, the vet doesn't. She's such a big baby, she makes it sound like she got shot, but one quick crack of the back and neck, and she should be back to her normal barking self.

hoolign
05-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Sorry about your pooch! :( Someone out in Doggy Drville must have a clue??

blt4spd
05-29-2007, 08:30 PM
i feel for you,we have a 1 1/2 year old french mastif .had her brought in from chicago.she is everything to us,we have about $15,000.00 in vet bills.she ate rocks one time,and the second time she jumped up and landed on her side and twisted her intestine both happened on the weekends and were emergency surgerys at about 2:00 am in the morning.plus the pet insurance is b.s we have it and it barley covers any of it.so take care of you pooch and good luck with it's neck,im behind you 100%

Eliminator 4 Life
05-29-2007, 09:41 PM
The 5 year old female Golden as been in and out of the vet since last Wednesday. She can't lift her head without yelping over and over. She is in so much pain. The vet thoght it was a sore throat, meds for that. Then figured it was her neck, gave her anti-inflammatory meds, some antibiotics and now has her again after suffering all weekend. She never got pain meds. :mad: She is currently sedated and getting X rayed. He thinks he might need surgery, and I know for a 99.9% fact that she needs a damn good chiropractor. Anybody know how to do this? I know there is a way.
Sorry to hear about your dog. I hope she gets better I would start calling vets in the area and see is they know of a chiro for dogs or do a internet search. Good luck and keep us posted.